ADVERTISEMENT

Jesus Christ.

I think the Cubs would be crazy to trade him but I've read many articles saying that Schwarber would be who they'd trade for the starting pitching they lack. If so I'll follow him to the next team. I think he's a special kid with a lot of upside.

No way they trade him at this stage. Way to early to give up on him.

Reactions: IU-Curmudgeon
They are more likely to trade Baez. Due to the overload in the infield.

Rizzo-Bryant-Russell-Soler are untouchable. Schwarber and Baez are just below them.
Am I a homer to think more of Schwarber than Bryant? I know Bryant's sucking ass in this post-season is apart of why I think this way but Bryant had 26 HRs and 99 RBIs in basically a whole season and Schwarber had 16 HRs and 43 RBIs in much less time. I feel like Schwarber has more upside plus he's performed in the post-season setting records while Bryant has sucked.

This thread is TL;DR.............. has anyone said........ Oh well there's always next year, we will kill it! ?

And Fowler costs them a run right there by being a lazy ass. This team has played this entire series like the young, immature team that they are.

When it looked like he was going to be a great hitter, I figured he had to catch, because that kind of offensive value behind the plate is hard to come by. But now that it looks like he will be not only great but spectacular, he needs to learn an everyday position or go to the AL and DH. Besides, the Cubs have another catcher in the pipeline.
Ignore stewie he is trolling... Plus, schwarber is not a terrible outfielder. Considering he didn't play it until 3/4 of the way through the season he's doing an admirable job

Am I a homer to think more of Schwarber than Bryant? I know Bryant's sucking ass in this post-season is apart of why I think this way but Bryant had 26 HRs and 99 RBIs in basically a whole season and Schwarber had 16 HRs and 43 RBIs in much less time. I feel like Schwarber has more upside plus he's performed in the post-season setting records while Bryant has sucked.
Yes. Bryant is a future hall of famer. Kyle may be, too, but even as an IU guy, I'd keep Bryant over him.

Obviously I really want to see both stay cubs for a very long time.

Have you bothered to watch the cubs at all this year? Bryant is a great all around player, and will be NL Rookie of the Year. Schwarber is nothing but a power hitter right now, and a liability out in the field.

Yes. Bryant is a future hall of famer. Kyle may be, too, but even as an IU guy, I'd keep Bryant over him.

Obviously I really want to see both stay cubs for a very long time.
I hope you are right. Right now Bryant's total collapse in the playoffs is annoying me. Post-season is everything and he's shitting the bed badly.

Have you bothered to watch the cubs at all this year? Bryant is a great all around player, and will be NL Rookie of the Year. Schwarber is nothing but a power hitter right now, and a liability out in the field.
Watched and attended a game. Based on the stats, they were comparable in the regular season. In the post-season, not so much. Mr rookie of the year has done next to nothing when it mattered.

Reactions: C-$
I hope you are right. Right now Bryant's total collapse in the playoffs is annoying me. Post-season is everything and he's shitting the bed badly.
From a team point of view, postseason is everything. From an indivual point of view, it's nothing. Sample size is too small. Don't let it affect your judgment.

Reactions: BGunn
I think the Cubs would be crazy to trade him but I've read many articles saying that Schwarber would be who they'd trade for the starting pitching they lack. If so I'll follow him to the next team. I think he's a special kid with a lot of upside.

He's the only one batting a damb in the postseason. The Cubs will soon be the Colts of baseball.

Jesus is Lord.

Amen.

I've learned this about myself recently because both my kids play sports. I don't mind losing to a team that passes the 'eye' test. I can't stand when my daughter's vball team loses to a team full of fat girls who look like a Special Olympics team. I don't mind when the other team looks 'good'. That being said, not being able to hit against Jabba 'Colon' the Hutt is making me mental.

Please post any article that states that, I've not seen one and I read alot of press about the Cubs. So, yes, I need proof. I'll guess that the writer of said article is an asshat. As are you if you believe it.

Schwarber isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: patrick593 and C-$
Please post any article that states that, I've not seen one and I read alot of press about the Cubs. So, yes, I need proof. I'll guess that the writer of said article is an asshat. As are you if you believe it.

Schwarber isn't going anywhere.

What position do you think they'll play him at?

What position do you think they'll play him at?
You do realize that he'd been playing catcher in the minors prior to being brought up. And then started at catcher when he broke into the majors. So, he's had basically no instructional time at left field at the major league level. Plus, he's only been a pro player for two years.

You tell me, asshat - you want to trade a potential generationally great hitter for pitching? You don't need to trade for pitching; you just sign it in free agency.

Asshat.

You do realize that he'd been playing catcher in the minors prior to being brought up. And then started at catcher when he broke into the majors. So, he's had basically no instructional time at left field at the major league level. Plus, he's only been a pro player for two years.

You tell me, asshat - you want to trade a potential generationally great hitter for pitching? You don't need to trade for pitching; you just sign it in free agency.

Asshat.

Where did I say trade him? I just always think he'll be below average on defense that's all. Calm down there sir.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT