ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Goodman on Big Ten

Did they not already have 1 good shooter on the floor last year? Stephens was 35/98 in conference play.

My understanding from the PU folks here is that he never reached potential last season due to nagging injury. Look at me defending the. Boilers....

My understanding from the PU folks here is that he never reached potential last season due to nagging injury. Look at me defending the. Boilers....

Yes this is the general sentiment. He was shooting at a very high level during the season until he was hurt. The injury drastically effected his shot for most of the season.

OK. His career numbers are all about the same. Unless he's had a nagging injury for every game he's ever played at Purdue it didn't seem to impact his shooting much last season.

OK. His career numbers are all about the same. Unless he's had a nagging injury for every game he's ever played at Purdue it didn't seem to impact his shooting much last season.

You can take that up with the PU fans here.

He was shooting 53% from 3 prior to his initial injury last year.

Yes, in a small sample size. Plenty of 38% shooters hit 50% in a small sample size. The chances he shoots 53% for an entire season (even if perfectly healthy) on a high number of attempts is approaching zero.

Davis just doesn't take a lot of threes. He won't be the answer there. However Purdue had some freshmen who could prove out to be much better shooters than their first seasons suggested.

He's not referring to Davis. He's talking about Stephens, which is who Courtsensetwo was also referring to, or at least should have been referring to.

Yes, in a small sample size. Plenty of 38% shooters hit 50% in a small sample size. The chances he shoots 53% for an entire season (even if perfectly healthy) on a high number of attempts is approaching zero.

Well, he was shooting 43% from 3 even after the first finger injury. It wasn't until he injured it again that his numbers dropped off which was 19 games into the season. Was that just a small sample size too? The numbers show that his second finger injury drastically effected his shot. After the second injury his % dropped to about 32% from 3. Without that injury he would probably be near a 40+% career shooter at this point, and that's after coming into his freshman season having shoulder surgery.

The kid hasn't been completely healthy for a season yet. I have a feeling that if he can stay healthy he could be close to a 45% shooter from here on out.

Last edited:
Eron Harris based on persistent comments during practices last year was the best player MSU had.
Izzo worked him quite a bit at the point. He is quicker, bigger, more athletic( by far) and a better shooter than Trice is.
every single sit out transfer player in the history of sports has been the best player in practice.

I have a feeling that if he can stay healthy he could be close to a 45% shooter from here on out.

Ken Pomeroy has shown there is probably no player in the country you can predict to shoot >45% going forward over a big enough sample size. Players that do it in a single season tend not to do it again. In other words, it's luck.

Ken Pomeroy has shown there is probably no player in the country you can predict to shoot >45% going forward over a big enough sample size. Players that do it in a single season tend not to do it again. In other words, it's luck.
I'm curious as to the belief among IU faithful that a team loaded with shooters will be the answer over time when it appears that statistically by KenPom having more than one good shooting year is a fluke.

I'm curious as to the belief among IU faithful that a team loaded with shooters will be the answer over time when it appears that statistically by KenPom having more than one good shooting year is a fluke.

You know you are talking to a Michigan fan...right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT