ADVERTISEMENT

Who would have ever thought

Vern Pain

Sophomore
Sep 25, 2019
That Men's Basketball would be the most hopeless component of IU athletics. Women's Basketball, baseball, softball, swimming, volleyball...... Everything seems to be on the upswing except for men's basketball.

My daughter showed me a tweet from Jeff Goodman saying he was at the Bloomington BW3s and that there's zero interest in the IU game there.

That Men's Basketball would be the most hopeless component of IU athletics. Women's Basketball, baseball, softball, swimming, volleyball...... Everything seems to be on the upswing except for men's basketball.

My daughter showed me a tweet from Jeff Goodman saying he was at the Bloomington BW3s and that there's zero interest in the IU game there.
I’ll take it one step further: Who would have ever thought Penn State would have a better basketball coach than IU? And that IU would have a better football coach than Penn State?

Why don't we just go ahead and forfeit the last game and the B1G Tournament.

If we win... there is nothing gained. We're going to be in the bottom four of the B1G T and will probably lose the first game.

Why even bother!!!!

If I were a committed recruit.... I sure would be doing some serious consideration as to de-committing.. unless they throw some serious SEVEN FIGURE NIL $$$ AT ME!!!!

Why you say that? Just curious? He is 21-5 the last two years. With a rose bowl win and had back to back 9 wins seasons at Vanderbilt lol
Pretty mediocre I'd say. You said it yourself. Under achieving at Penn state. They can do better.

Pretty mediocre I'd say. You said it yourself. Under achieving at Penn state. They can do better.
I wouldn’t call him average though. Average coaches dont win at the clip he has. I do t think he is top level but you can’t call a guy coming from James Madison better than Franklin

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call him average though. Average coaches do. It win at the clip he has. I do t think he is top level but you can’t call a guy coming from James Madison better than Franklin
You realize his DC is the guy we just s-canned, right? 😂

I wouldn’t call him average though. Average coaches do. It win at the clip he has. I do t think he is top level but you can’t call a guy coming from James Madison better than Franklin
I didn't say he was. Someone else did. That's TBD. Did you see our games with them the last few years? This is Penn State we're talking about.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I wouldn’t call him average though. Average coaches dont win at the clip he has. I do t think he is top level but you can’t call a guy coming from James Madison better than Franklin

Actually- the guy in South Bend is a mediocre coach. Franklin is okay.

How many years as a P5 defensive coordinator do you base that "quality dc" statement on? One year at IU. Two at South Florida.

He was a better DC than head coach. That's not a really high bar.
He is respected in the CFB world on the defensive side of the ball.

There are those who might take that bet. You sure?
He wins 10 games a year and yes, he does underachieve. With that written, if the 12 team playoff system was in affect during his tenure, they would have made the cut 3 times.

Cignetti has done well at his previous stop and in no way am I saying he won't be successful at IU but he has a way to go to equal Franklin.

For the record, I grew up in 10 minutes from Pitt's campus. I despise Penn State, but he does run a good program.

Reactions: bsmitty08
The IU basketball brand is on the brink of irrelevance. I've watched closely over the past two decades. This is the abyss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT