ADVERTISEMENT

Who would have ever thought

IU does not have a better football coach than Penn State.

What constitutes better?
The two situations are completely different in culture and history for the programs. Just like it is for Purdue and Penn State. You know that.
It gets down to the built-in benefits of coaching at a place like PSU. Franklin is 112-54 in his head coaching career. 88 of those came at PSU.
Personally, I don’t know how anyone could attempt to make a comparison right now.

That Men's Basketball would be the most hopeless component of IU athletics. Women's Basketball, baseball, softball, swimming, volleyball...... Everything seems to be on the upswing except for men's basketball.

My daughter showed me a tweet from Jeff Goodman saying he was at the Bloomington BW3s and that there's zero interest in the IU game there.
Strange. Typically, traffic slows down to rubberneck at the tail end crash to a garbage truck.

And that IU would have a better football coach than Penn State?
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. While Franklin hasn't been great at PSU, he has been pretty good. Including a B1G championship. Take out the COVID, which to me was a mirage, (just look at TA and Harbaugh during those years if you think I'm wrong), Franklin has gone 10-2, 10-2, 11-2, 9-4, 11-2, 7-5, 11-2, 10-3 in the regular seasons since 2016. I will be elated if Cignetti comes close to that.

Wings aren’t good?
May as well stay at home, splash an incredible amount of hot sauce on a block of salt and try to somehow choke it down with as much beer as you can drink (speaking of BW3 wings specifically).

Oaken Barrel (up in Greenwood) used to have decent wings, much better than BW3's...

Reactions: Bucket Getter
May as well stay at home, splash an incredible amount of hot sauce on a block of salt and try to somehow choke it down with as much beer as you can drink (speaking of BW3 wings specifically).

Oaken Barrel (up in Greenwood) used to have decent wings, much better than BW3's...
Ale Emporium is my go-to for wings, but I guess I never really noticed Bdub being sucky. Those tall boy beers must’ve dulled the senses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT