ADVERTISEMENT

IU Indiana basketball's Malik Reneau silent on future plans after Big Ten tourney exit

Ignorant comment…might be why IU culture and team is so bad inside the locker room.
Not an ignorant comment. Far from it. You are the ignorant one.

I would wager I know more about cannabis than you know about anything in life.

Reactions: T.M.P.
With Woodson still here we are screwed either way. This really sucks.

We have no recruits!! I have never seen anything like this before... how can you not have any recruits?
First on all you have to go out and recruit

Serious Question for anyone that knows.

Is providing NIL a Tax Deduction/write off???

Would it be the same as donating to the University of your choice?

If not…. Seems like there would be more profitable ways to invest your money!!!!!
I personally do not know, but confident an internet search would provide some details. That said, I can't imagine it not. It likely goes through a 5013c filter to qualify for the charitable donation and then to the player.

Reactions: Tscurlo
If he returns, I hope IU sees a much improved player. He needs to show a much higher basketball IQ eliminating the stupid fouls and turnovers. Also, improved passing out of the post would be nice.
I honestly don’t think that’s even possible. Can you name a single player in the history of the sport that just suddenly got smart? He’s immature and doesn’t have a clue how to do much of anything other than a lefty hook.

Nah, he's not a big loss. Bad D, never boxes out, stupid fouls, poor body language, doesn't pass out of the post even when quadruple teamed...IU could be a better team without him next year.
Play alot faster..
That's one thing INDIANA hasn't done in a long time.
Get out on the break..
Our offense is pure molasses...

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Kevin Durant plays high. Who cares about weed it helps players in some cases.

Come smoke some with me you might just be better at something while stoned to the bone.
I realize alcohol is a different animal but I have heard Jay Edwards say in interviews that he drank before games (In the …gasp….RMK era).

Reactions: Cavanagh
I realize alcohol is a different animal but I have heard Jay Edwards say in interviews that he drank before games (In the …gasp….RMK era).
Beast mode took shots before games. That Payton places he told that story was amazing.

Serious Question for anyone that knows.

Is providing NIL a Tax Deduction/write off???

Would it be the same as donating to the University of your choice?

If not…. Seems like there would be more profitable ways to invest your money!!!!!
Donating to a collective isn't. But if you are a business and you actually contract with a student to use his NIL, that is a tax deductible business expense, like any other advertising.

DEI is why Woodson is back next year…..period
No it isn't. This whole thread is full of made up bullshit, conjecture, guesses, biased opinions, rumors and stupid shit. Yours is a combination of all the above. Do you even know what DEI is, and if so, how in the f**k does it apply to Woodson .. You slack jawed MFs just repeat shit like trained parrots .. without a clue about what you're even saying.

No it isn't. This whole thread is full of made up bullshit, conjecture, guesses, biased opinions, rumors and stupid shit. Yours is a combination of all the above. Do you even know what DEI is, and if so, how in the f**k does it apply to Woodson .. You slack jawed MFs just repeat shit like trained parrots .. without a clue about what you're even saying.
The board lib is triggered

Reactions: ulrey
But they are sporting those nice gold shoes though 😂😂

I'm sure McNeely asked the IU/Monteverde connection, "What's it like playing for Woodson?". Hence, his early announcement that he'll be reneging on his "promise".

I've doubted for several months now that Reneau will be back. The same goes for Ware, only more so...he gone! McBako going portal on us wouldn't surprise me either and he's the one I'd really hate to see go. I like him. He looks as if he could be retired to stud if he so chose, although he's not good at scoring when driving to the bucket unless it's a dunk...yet. He has no ties to the state of Indiana, being the New Jersey lad his is. I'm tired of having to watch Reneau crying every time he fouls, which is the most of any player in the Big Ten. Fans can't appreciate what those fouls of his cost us in opponent points. Didn't he foul out of 4 of his last 5 games? I think Jim Coyle might have been the one to point that out. Oh, and the one game he didn't foul out he had four fouls. Think of all the free throws opponents made off his fouls directly, or at least got a team one foul closer to the bonus. Think of all the times he had to sit unproductively on the bench in foul trouble while our opponents took advantage of our lesser skilled lineup. When you're tired of thinking about tit...excuse me, it, think no more.

I think the Big Ten officiating, the refereeing of the refs, has been horrible this season. I haven't paid close enough attention to know the reason why, whether it's a DEI thing of lesser qualifications for equal opportunity (which ironically, makes it unequal but calling it that makes you racist. Yes, Sandy, it really IS a strange world), there's just a younger generation in charge now. (see my earlier "weakness in successive generations" comment in cyberspace)... or maybe the fix is in with the referee's league, their inner workings of things, things on the more sinister side of the dungeon walls. Society is crooked today (Yes, you!) The officiating crew needs to straighten some things out, the ugliness of their game, the Boo-skidt calls that get our coach kicked out of the arena for bad decorum after first waring. Doesn't that sound familiar? Double secret's probation, zero tolerance! Come on, Man, you're better than that cause

Nothing screams "old" louder than a limp. I was young before I went limp. As a survivor of all hips replacement, I limped for two three year periods, separated by 15 years apart, long time limp'n. It's tough not having a steady gait, the unsteadiness tearing up the steady mind. Coach Woodson, you looked like a beaten man hobbling up the exit ramp last night. We all know the frustration. Man, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now, for life is a funny game, meaning sometimes the rules change the course of future not yet passed, the lessons to be learned, the sorrows of tomorrow.

Mike, we love, Man and I'm not gonna mince further words, but this is where we are... You've boxed yourself into a corner and it doesn't/do not look like any found way coming out soon, the time to lay down the cards and show us your hand. Then its time for US to take a stand! "Stogies are for closers!" Stogies are for the EARNED! Stay safe and stay healthy, Mike, not forgetting to take your umbrella, for there are tornado warnings out and you've got phone calls to make.

It's in Purdue's loss I find comfort, the healing salve of petroleum jelly on a crusted wound, or perhaps Vick's VapoRub on a young boy's chest, phlegm congested. This comfort comes from the heart, the only one I know.
Not sure what all was said there but I do love the pre-18th century writing style! Don’t ever lose that.
Vick’s VapoRub and dungeon mentioned in the same post? That’s at another level.

Reactions: abraxis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT