ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten All Dbaggery team

This is good humor. But the best is who created the list. No one on knows a dbag like a dbag themselves, right? 😁🏅
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but humor based on truth hurts sometimes if you lack objectivity.

Do love my PU fans though....say hi to Ordy for me. Thanks for checking in.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but humor based on truth hurts sometimes if you lack objectivity.

Do love my PU fans though....say hi to Ordy for me. Thanks for checking in.
Relax. You’re being too serious mate.

Wouldn’t call myself a fan. That would insinuate I care about a specific team.

Last edited:
You forget that your posting receipts are right here.
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Might be before my time. Earliest real IU bball memories are 1985 when Knight pulled the team off the floor against the Russian. I was 10. I might have some hazy Randy Wittman memories bouncing around that pre date that.
Yours is the common description of the event, but in fact Knight did not pull the team off the floor.

Reactions: larsIU
Yours is the common description of the event, but in fact Knight did not pull the team off the floor.
What happened then? Why does this UPI state differently? Why does Bob Knight contradict you?

'As far as taking the team off the floor after I was ejected, there are sometimes things I wish I could do over again and that was one of them, because of the involvement of our fans in the game,' Knight said.

I remember a terribly officiated game with obvious missed calls.

Last edited:
What happened then? Why does this UPI state differently? Why does Bob Knight contradict you?

'As far as taking the team off the floor after I was ejected, there are sometimes things I wish I could do over again and that was one of them, because of the involvement of our fans in the game,' Knight said.

Interesting reporting. I’d love to read the counterpoint eyewitness accounts. Fascinating.

IU was getting their ass beaten by the Soviets and there were a number of things they did that could have been called. Knight was surly.

I sat right....and I mean right behind the scorer and could hear almost every word between the scorers, Knight and Burr.

Bottom line is that Knight got DQ'd but slumped in his chair and refused to leave which led to a forfeit and conclusion of the game. Crabb says..."that concludes today's con-test...please drive carefully". Knight never pulled the team off the floor...but the end result was the same and that is how it was reported and still remembered.

Subtle difference, but it is what happened. One of several Knight "stories" that have been mistold.

Reactions: larsIU
Izzo. He's one of CBB's best coaches, but he belongs on this list right behind Fran.

I'd also like to nominate Arch-hole for candidacy on this list.

IU was getting their ass beaten by the Soviets and there were a number of things they did that could have been called. Knight was surly.

I sat right....and I mean right behind the scorer and could hear almost every word between the scorers, Knight and Burr.

Bottom line is that Knight got DQ'd but slumped in his chair and refused to leave which led to a forfeit and conclusion of the game. Crabb says..."that concludes today's con-test...please drive carefully". Knight never pulled the team off the floor...but the end result was the same and that is how it was reported and still remembered.

Subtle difference, but it is what happened. One of several Knight "stories" that have been mistold.
You remember it differently in 2023 than RMK remembered it contemporaneously.

Reactions: Indy2Jax
IU dbags (but not as bad as the other team's dbags)

Recker - obviously
Fife - let's face it
Lewis - he earned it the right way
Sampson - rot
Herbert - signed off on the rot
Knight - Mt. Rushmore candidate regardless of sport or time period
Funderburke - eat sh!t
Edwards - should coulda not smoked that sh!t

Probably 100 more.
Not Edwards. Sure, he made some poor life choices, but he was never a d-bag on the court.

To me, a hoops d-bag is someone every other program hates because he's a god damn gnat who gets under everyone's skin. As mentioned, guys like Cardinal and Miller are first-teamers. Same with Davison. As for IU players, Fife and XJ are good candidates.

Outside of the B1G, Wojciechowski, Hurley, and Laettner come to mind. Hell, nearly every white guy who played for Coach K should at least be Honorable Mention.

You remember it differently in 2023 than RMK remembered it contemporaneously.
Nope. Nothing I report is in conflict with anything he said. The end result is the same but he never waved the team off the floor when there was still a game going on.

The forfeit drive that. *drove

Hope this helps

Not Edwards. Sure, he made some poor life choices, but he was never a d-bag on the court.

To me, a hoops d-bag is someone every other program hates because he's a god damn gnat who gets under everyone's skin. As mentioned, guys like Cardinal and Miller are first-teamers. Same with Davison. As for IU players, Fife and XJ are good candidates.

Outside of the B1G, Wojciechowski, Hurley, and Laettner come to mind. Hell, nearly every white guy who played for Coach K should at least be Honorable Mention.
Good distinction with Jay.

Nope. Nothing I report is in conflict with anything he said. The end result is the same but he never waved the team off the floor when there was still a game going on.

The forfeit drive that. *drove

Hope this helps
“As far as taking the team off the floor after I was ejected, there are sometimes things I wish I could do over again and that was one of them, because of the involvement of our fans in the game,” Knight said

No quite how you remember it in 2023, but I’m sure RMK was wrong the day after.

“As far as taking the team off the floor after I was ejected, there are sometimes things I wish I could do over again and that was one of them, because of the involvement of our fans in the game,” Knight said

No quite how you remember it in 2023, but I’m sure RMK was wrong icon the day after.
I am giving a PUke fan a lot more daylight than I should but when he refused to leave, the forfeit happened. The game was over.

He could have changed it all by leaving when Burr DQ’d him. He clearly regretted that.

Have you guys found a back court yet?

He could have changed it all by leaving when Burr DQ’d him. He clearly regretted that.
That’s not what RMK said. He said this:

Matt Painter at the end of the FDU game is the biggest D-bag moment I witnessed this year. He took a timeout with 20 seconds left and his team down 3 in part to chew out the refs. He was mad about a FDU player knocking down Loyer. But, Braden Smith did the exact thing to a FDU player in the exact same spot not even a minute before this. Then, with 0.5 seconds to go, Painter chewed out a ref for awhile until the game was over.

Painter tried so hard to be the victim this year with the refs. In reality, the Big Ten refs made his team this year. Point #1: PU fouls as much or more as other teams. Your player literally did the exact same thing not even a minute ago. Point #2: if you are a #1 seed losing to a #16 seed, it ain't the refs' fault. It is your fault, and this isn't the first time you have lost to mid-majors: it is the norm.
The victim act got stale late in the season. I suspect he will dial that back next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT