ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten All Dbaggery team

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
2023 BIG TEN All Dbaggery Team
Now that the season is over and summer slow begins, it is time to name the BTADT

My nominees are: (feel free to add others)

Paul Mulcahy - Rutger
One Shining Moment Highlite: This Brad Davison wannabe is an annoying, whining, flopper with a stupid headband and satellite dish ears. Easily the most punchable face in the BIG and maybe all of Basketball.

Connor McCaffrey - Iowa
One Shining Moment Highlite: Following Daddy down to the Indiana bench with clentched fists looking to fight Mike Woodson and the team managers. (Note: it is tempting and easy to fill out the entire team with Iowa players, but I will stick with one).

Mason Gillis - Purdue
One Shining Moment Highlite: (tie) After shitblasting Freshman Malik Reneau mid-layup he runs behind Zach Edey and starts barking and pointing over Zach's shoulder at TJD who objected to the cheap shot. OR Post 3 AM bumper cars... leads with the "Do you know who I am" card to the usually athlete-friendly West Laffy Popo. Tic Tac anyone?

Coleman Hawkins - Illinois
One Shining Moment Highlite: Winner on whiney-neanderthal looks alone.

Coach
Fran McCaffrey - Iowa

No further explaination necessary

Honorable Mention - Coach

Matthew Painter - Purdue
One Shining Moment Highlite: Sobbing to the media wanting more fouls called on Edey's mean 'ol defenders (if that is mathmatically possible), and less fouls called on poor defenseless Zach (which is not mathmatically possible)

Oh....and before someone falls down crying that I didn't add any IU players...I am well aware the had he been healthy; Xavier Johnson would likely be on the list, for hotrodding...

Feel free to add your own.

2023 BIG TEN All Dbaggery Team
Now that the season is over and summer slow begins, it is time to name the BTADT

My nominees are: (feel free to add others)

Paul Mulcahy - Rutger
One Shining Moment Highlite: This Brad Davison wannabe is an annoying, whining, flopper with a stupid headband and satellite dish ears. Easily the most punchable face in the BIG and maybe all of Basketball.

Connor McCaffrey - Iowa
One Shining Moment Highlite: Following Daddy down to the Indiana bench with clentched fists looking to fight Mike Woodson and the team managers. (Note: it is tempting and easy to fill out the entire team with Iowa players, but I will stick with one).

Mason Gillis - Purdue
One Shining Moment Highlite: (tie) After shitblasting Freshman Malik Reneau mid-layup he runs behind Zach Edey and starts barking and pointing over Zach's shoulder at TJD who objected to the cheap shot. OR Post 3 AM bumper cars... leads with the "Do you know who I am" card to the usually athlete-friendly West Laffy Popo. Tic Tac anyone?

Coleman Hawkins - Illinois
One Shining Moment Highlite: Winner on whiney-neanderthal looks alone.

Coach
Fran McCaffrey - Iowa

No further explaination necessary

Honorable Mention - Coach

Matthew Painter - Purdue
One Shining Moment Highlite: Sobbing to the media wanting more fouls called on Edey's mean 'ol defenders (if that is mathmatically possible), and less fouls called on poor defenseless Zach (which is not mathmatically possible)

Oh....and before someone falls down crying that I didn't add any IU players...I am well aware the had he been healthy; Xavier Johnson would likely be on the list, for hotrodding...

Feel free to add your own.
Just 4 guys?

Reactions: dconifer
Can't believe Brad Davison ran out of eligibility.

Peyton Sandfort from Iowa would be my 5th

Reactions: jmix
Matt Painter at the end of the FDU game is the biggest D-bag moment I witnessed this year. He took a timeout with 20 seconds left and his team down 3 in part to chew out the refs. He was mad about a FDU player knocking down Loyer. But, Braden Smith did the exact thing to a FDU player in the exact same spot not even a minute before this. Then, with 0.5 seconds to go, Painter chewed out a ref for awhile until the game was over.

Painter tried so hard to be the victim this year with the refs. In reality, the Big Ten refs made his team this year. Point #1: PU fouls as much or more as other teams. Your player literally did the exact same thing not even a minute ago. Point #2: if you are a #1 seed losing to a #16 seed, it ain't the refs' fault. It is your fault, and this isn't the first time you have lost to mid-majors: it is the norm.

Steve Grote - Michigan
Paul Mulchay - Rutgers
Ron Behagen - Minnesota
Brian Cardinal - Purdue
Jacob Jaaks - Iowa

Matt Painter at the end of the FDU game is the biggest D-bag moment I witnessed this year. He took a timeout with 20 seconds left and his team down 3 in part to chew out the refs. He was mad about a FDU player knocking down Loyer. But, Braden Smith did the exact thing to a FDU player in the exact same spot not even a minute before this. Then, with 0.5 seconds to go, Painter chewed out a ref for awhile until the game was over.

Painter tried so hard to be the victim this year with the refs. In reality, the Big Ten refs made his team this year. Point #1: PU fouls as much or more as other teams. Your player literally did the exact same thing not even a minute ago. Point #2: if you are a #1 seed losing to a #16 seed, it ain't the refs' fault. It is your fault, and this isn't the first time you have lost to mid-majors: it is the norm.
Painter is generally a good guy but his victim act was pretty tiring this year.

IU dbags (but not as bad as the other team's dbags)

Recker - obviously
Fife - let's face it
Lewis - he earned it the right way
Sampson - rot
Herbert - signed off on the rot
Knight - Mt. Rushmore candidate regardless of sport or time period
Funderburke - eat sh!t
Edwards - should coulda not smoked that sh!t

Probably 100 more.

IU dbags (but not as bad as the other team's dbags)

Recker - obviously
Fife - let's face it
Lewis - he earned it the right way
Sampson - rot
Herbert - signed off on the rot
Knight - Mt. Rushmore candidate regardless of sport or time period
Funderburke - eat sh!t
Edwards - should coulda not smoked that sh!t

Probably 100 more.
No Tommy Baker?

No Tommy Baker?
Might be before my time. Earliest real IU bball memories are 1985 when Knight pulled the team off the floor against the Russian. I was 10. I might have some hazy Randy Wittman memories bouncing around that pre date that.

Might be before my time. Earliest real IU bball memories are 1985 when Knight pulled the team off the floor against the Russian. I was 10. I might have some hazy Randy Wittman memories bouncing around that pre date that.
He predates you then. I was a senior when Baker and Tolbert were freshmen. I remember going to the HPER building to play hoops and Ray and Tommy were there.

Tolbert must've felt sorry for me . . . he kept rebounding and throwing me the ball until I hit an outside shot.

Reactions: larsIU
Dramond Green. Dirty in collage and nba.
I have to admit he can play basketball, though.

This is good humor. But the best is who created the list. No one on knows a dbag like a dbag themselves, right? 😁🏅

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT