ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Maryland Prediction Thread

INDIANA 10
Maryland 20

I'm a horse racing guy, so I buy into the drop in class argument. However, this is like dropping a horse that lost the Kentucky Derby by 27 lengths into a Thursday afternoon maiden claimer at Indiana Downs. I think we have evolved into a really bad football team, but we'll find out just how bad this week.

IU 20
MD 27

Hope I'm wrong.
Tough call, but the #s say Maryland.

We've played a tougher schedule overall, our stats are worse.

We're avg. 3.1 ypc rushing, giving up 4.1. They're at 4.1 & 4.1. They pass for almost 100 yds/pg more than us.

Our TO/game, 307, is 120 less per game then them. They give up 34 more ypg than us.

Their run offense is a little better than ours. Our run D is a shade better than theirs. But their passing game is much better than ours.

I think that for us to win, McCulley would have to run for 80-100 yds on designed plays & scrambles. That seems doubtful.

Maryland 21-13

I'm not going to put my Money where my Mouth is and bet this, but I;m going with the following;

IU 34
Maryland 14

Even with Mccully at QB, I think We can run an effective Offense and score points. Our Defense is good enough to win, and the Offense May dig down a little and get more out of a Limited Offense that doesn't require them to think through as many options on a play. The Offense is due, and the Maryland Defense is nowhere close to that of the teams We have played.

Maryland 24
IU 6

We can put the possibility of a bowl game behind us and debate the needed offseason changes.

I take no joy in posting this.

LOL. Mr OverEmotional

IU 24
Mary 10

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
You apparently don’t know “jacksback” about IU football!!

Have you met our blind squirrels?
They don’t find nuts. They get kicked in them. A. Lot.

I have modified my score though after reading the thread:

Maryland 31
IU 3

Maryland 23 - IU 20 in OT as we score 3 before they score 6. This is The End, my friend-the blue bus is calling us, the only solution. Isn’t it amazing!

I foresee two possibilities.
1) We get good Maryland and our Frosh QB plays like a Frosh QB. Not close. Turtle 31 - Hoosiers 13.
Or 2) Maryland is Maryland and they leave the door open. McCulley is able to move the ball with his legs and hits pay dirt a couple times with his arm. Just enough O to get the dub. Indiana 23 Maryland 21.
I think this is a good week to guage where Tom Allen is as a Coach.
Things aren't as bad as they seem - Indiana 23, Fighting Loxlies 21.

Reactions: ESalum86
I remember our blind squirrels chasing each other between the School of Education and Third Street. Yes, the class was that boring.

I’m with those among us who believe McFadden will find a way to to stop the Terps, willing IU to victory.

IU 20 MD 17

PS. I thought McFadden played well enough. We needed more QB pressures. MD #3 got comfortable and made enough big plays. The matchup we needed to win, and lost, was our #3 and #4 cornerbpacks v. MD WR: too many DPIs and no picks. Looks Like #0 is a keeper at QB: seems to have rapport with Hendershot already. A few more meaningful reps beforehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT