ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Maryland Prediction Thread

We’re 14 point dogs and I think it may be worse than that.

Indiana 14
Maryland 38

Of course I hope I’m wrong. Go Hoosiers!
INDIANA 3
Maryland 41

L calls off the dogs mid 4th or it could be worse...

Allen has lost me as a supporter... Nice guy, mediocre coach...

Expect to see Sorsby running for his life after Jackson struggles against multiple blitzes (they'll figure that he either won't see the open man running free or if he gets it to him our receiver will drop it...).

The OL takes another game off (afterall they've got their game tape against Ohio State in the can already..., why worry and give any extra effort...)...

What really bothers me is that with all the work these players put in you'd think at least three or four of them would step up and Lead rather than just be satisfied with their own stats and occasional decent plays...

If we had any Real Leadership we might have a chance... (as in 44 grabbing the next guy to lose outside contain by the face mask and telling him he's going to kick his ass on national TV if he doesn't get his head in the game and do his damn job !)

I don't think we have a chance...

Last edited:
The two things that concern me the most are:
Poor tackling like we saw last weekend against Taulia haunting the defense.

Jackson’s tendency to throw somewhat inaccurate balls ending up with some INTs against an athletic secondary.

Watching the MD/MSU BTN in 60 right now. They do a good job with containment, so I’m not super confident in the getting Jaylin to the edge plan we’ve seen so far. I’d like to see him on some Whop-esque bubble screens to get him in space.

Same old song and dance. No reason IU can’t win if they play to their potential for 4 quarters. So far, OSU is probably the only game they’ve done that this year.

I’ll go 24-21 IU because of some timely interceptions by the D.

This game has almost always been a wild one. I will only predict that about 80 points will be scored, and it won't be decided until late...

Reactions: vesuvius13
Indiana 31
Maryland 35

Keeping with my prediction still. We saw something through most of the ISU game and in the second half of Louisville that hopefully comes together for a full game albeit a bit short. If the Hoosiers can contain Taulia and score in the red zone, they definitely can steal one in College Park. However, if Bell's offensive game plan is what we've seen so far this season and the defense leaks like it did against Akron, we're in for a rough game and Maryland might get ranked.

Maryland 38 - IU 17 Until the Offense shows Me it can move the ball consistently and score when the opportunity presents itself, I can'y see them scoring 20 points in any remaining game.

Not sure how to feel about this one. Not sure I buy Maryland as being as good as people think. They've won four games against pretty bad teams. IU is 2-2 and the two losses against a top team and one that was just outside the top 25 and I can't see them playing as poorly as they did on Saturday. I have to believe we are more the team we saw weeks 1-3 and not week 4. If so, then this one could be a close game. Defense hasn’t given up more than 23 points in Regulation over 4 games.

We’re 14 point dogs and I think it may be worse than that.

Indiana 14
Maryland 38

Of course I hope I’m wrong. Go Hoosiers!
I don't expect to win the next 2 games. I do expect to beat Rutgers msu and Purdue and with a little luck at least one more

I don't expect to win the next 2 games. I do expect to beat Rutgers msu and Purdue and with a little luck at least one more

Rutgers is better than they have been. Good that it’s a home game. But, IU may be on a downward spiral by then that they cannot pull out of the Allen nose dive.
The big problem is that in 50/50 ballgames, I have zero confidence in our HC to give us any type of advantage. He’s that bad.

I don't trust Bell to call the right plays to win but we will see.

IU 24 this is if IU's defense and ST score
MD 21 and IU gets three INTs

I trust our defense this game and not the offense, so I hope coach Bell surprises me.

Reactions: midwolfe
I don't trust Bell to call the right plays to win but we will see.

IU 24 this is if IU's defense and ST score
MD 21 and IU gets three INTs

I trust our defense this game and not the offense, so I hope coach Bell surprises me.
You were one who said Bob Bostad’s inclusion on the staff would be good for three additional wins this season, and that our talent level up front was very good. You also were very bullish on our new coaches as being better than the ones that left. Curious as to your assessment of those things a third of the way through the year. I know you said you did some coaching so I’m interested in how you’d grade it so far.

Rutgers is better than they have been. Good that it’s a home game. But, IU may be on a downward spiral by then that they cannot pull out of the Allen nose dive.
The big problem is that in 50/50 ballgames, I have zero confidence in our HC to give us any type of advantage. He’s that bad.
It is Bell that is that bad and he only got hired because coach Allen had to kick in money to get him in, people just don't understand that. Dolson is a horrible AD saying he had no money but I don't believe him. Dolson doesn't call football boosters to bring in money for NIL because they would help coach Allen. Dolson doesn't support football like he should, I think he wants coach Allen to fail.

It is Bell that is that bad and he only got hired because coach Allen had to kick in money to get him in, people just don't understand that. Dolson is a horrible AD saying he had no money but I don't believe him. Dolson doesn't call football boosters to bring in money for NIL because they would help coach Allen. Dolson doesn't support football like he should, I think he wants coach Allen to fail.
Dolson wants Allen to fail so he can pay him that ridiculous buyout? Interesting.

How do you know virtually everything you said in this post?
CTA had to kick in money to hire Bell?
Dolson said had no money for that hire?
Can Dolson even call boosters for NIL? Isn't that a rules violation since schools can't be involved with NIL?
Dolson wants Allen to fail? I don't buy that

Hoosiers 27
Turtles 17

Maryland has a history of being inconsistent. They think they are better than they are and IU has a point to prove that they are not as bad as the fans think they are.

Reactions: OpenWheels
You were one who said Bob Bostad’s inclusion on the staff would be good for three additional wins this season, and that our talent level up front was very good. You also were very bullish on our new coaches as being better than the ones that left. Curious as to your assessment of those things a third of the way through the year. I know you said you did some coaching so I’m interested in how you’d grade it so far.
I think our ew
How do you know virtually everything you said in this post?
CTA had to kick in money to hire Bell?
Dolson said had no money for that hire?
Can Dolson even call boosters for NIL? Isn't that a rules violation since schools can't be involved with NIL?
Dolson wants Allen to fail? I don't buy that
You need to read more articles on IUFB. I don't keep them at the ready for people to see but google those topics and read the articles.

The Akron game needs to be thrown out because the team overlooked them and it showed despite coaches trying to get them to see the danger of overlooking a team.

I like coach G and what he has done with the safeties. A
Coach Tucker is a B- as blocking and drops haven't been eliminated yet
Coach Bostad is an A for pass blocking the run blocking lacks power so a C- there [ It is hard to separate the play calling impact on the OL
The new coaches this season are doing better than last year's new coaches.

Reactions: OpenWheels
I think our ew

You need to read more articles on IUFB. I don't keep them at the ready for people to see but google those topics and read the articles.
You are the one making the claims, I am just asking that you back them up otherwise I will chalk it up to unfounded speculation.

I remember talk that CTA had to help buy out the old OL coach but nothing about Bell.

IU intense embarrassment, Maryland glee over unusually great performances.
Let’s hope it leads to more people seeing the obvious: fire the coach.

Reactions: bang63
You are the one making the claims, I am just asking that you back them up otherwise I will chalk it up to unfounded speculation.

I remember talk that CTA had to help buy out the old OL coach but nothing about Bell.
There has been a connection made between Allen’s contract being restructured from $4.9 mil to $4.7 mil over 4 years about the same time Sheridan was fired and a buyout of $950000 was reported. Sheridan was hired at Washington under Deboer as TE coach so some of the buyout would have been diminished. It should be noted that although it was reported that Deboer recommended Sheridan for the IU OC he hired him at a lesser position.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT