ADVERTISEMENT

IU Back Court the problem!

There is no doubt that IU cannot compete at a high level with the backcourt they currently have. There are some good role players there, but not the talent for the top level teams. But the back court is not the only problem.

Durham is a nice kid but not a top level guard in a power conference.
Rob has the physical ability to be a top guard with his physicality and quickness, but he does not see himself as better than his opponents when he is out on the floor and it shows.
Armaan has the best mental approach and is physically gifted but he was really slowed down by his ankle injury. For a guard and ankle injury is a killer eliminating quickness and lateral movement necessary.
Kristian may have the ability but he needs more time and experience for anyone to know for sure.
Anthony may be a future Randy Wittman type but again it's very early and he cannot be a lead guard at his speed.

That being said, I think TJD is an incredible athlete and would be really good on a team where he could receive passes from an explosive guard that can penetrate and dish. Without any outside shooting ability TJD is limited to receiving setup passes.

Race is essentially the same as TJD and one of the post players needs to be able to consistently hit a 15 footer or things get too clogged for IU without great guards.

Getting Jerome or Jordan to play in the midrange shooting area may help IU, but they need an offensive guru to look at where they can space some players to best exploit the defense because the three out and two in is not working anywhere right now.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
There is no doubt that IU cannot compete at a high level with the backcourt they currently have. There are some good role players there, but not the talent for the top level teams. But the back court is not the only problem.

Rob has the physical ability to be a top guard with his physicality and quickness, but he does not see himself as better than his opponents when he is out on the floor and it shows.
Armaan has the best mental approach and is physically gifted but he was really slowed down by his ankle injury. For a guard and ankle injury is a killer eliminating quickness and lateral movement necessary.
Kristian may have the ability but he needs more time and experience for anyone to know for sure.
Anthony may be a future Randy Wittman type but again it's very early and he cannot be a lead guard at his speed.

That being said, I think TJD is an incredible athlete and would be really good on a team where he could receive passes from an explosive guard that can penetrate and dish. Without any outside shooting ability TJD is limited to receiving setup passes.

Race is essentially the same as TJD and one of the post players needs to be able to consistently hit a 15 footer or things get too clogged for IU without great guards.

Getting Jerome or Jordan to play in the midrange shooting area may help IU, but they need an offensive guru to look at where they can space some players to best exploit the defense because the three out and two in is not working anywhere right now.
Bottom line, we are not likely going anywhere.

Randy Wittman play several years in the NBA if Anthony can become that good that would be awesome!

Randy Wittman play several years in the NBA if Anthony can become that good that would be awesome!
I like his instincts on the court. It's a question of he can develop the clutch abilities of Wittman. He has a long way to go ability wise. I will say Wittman played a great mental game and could shoot.

Never said he would be as good as Wittman. I said he may develop into a Wittman type of player. Meaning he could shoot and have a good mental game.
I hope you’re right. He’s fun to watch. You can tell he’s enjoying every minute out there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT