ADVERTISEMENT

IU and Vandy separating themselves for Romeo?

I get what you’re saying. Everyone always thinks the other team is cheating and they’re not. Every fanbase thinks this. It’s like believing in the boogeyman. We’re the good guys and everyone else is evil. The problem is it’s not based in any reality.

I believe cheating and recruiting are like peanut butter and jelly. It's been that way since the first recruiting class in history.

It's so easy to get away with it. It's so difficult to catch and enforce.

I don't believe we are innocent either. I think Sampson and Crean cheated in one way because the patterns we're so odd. Like with Crean building this strange east coast pipeline. Bryant visited once that I recall and Crean was booed loudly on his visit with Thon Maker who had absolutely no connection to IU, was openly trying to get into the draft and had rumors of dealing with handlers...like Simi and Henderson.

Anyway, Seth Greenberg said that an ESPN analyst (I'm guessing Pearl) joked with him that he knew Anthony Davis got at least $100k because that's what he offered him.

Cheating is rampant. Always has and probably always will.

I hope Archie doesn't because that's the brand we want to get back to but if the dots don't line up in recruitments (like in this Vandy class with Simi, Henderson and Romeo)...it's probably not on the level like 90% of the game.

In my opinion of course.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I'll offer what I think is the feeling of Vandy fans and that is that no cheating will be tolerated. As I tell Kentucky fans, if one has to quote their success as a championship-to-probation ratio (2.33 in UK's case) then they are "losers" regardless of the wins. No amount of winning can compensate for the insidious shame of cheating (it is kinda like Al Capone bragging about his stolen wealth).

I'll be shocked if Bryce Drew is cheating but will be the first to want him fired if he does cheat. I think that Vandy's recruiting improvements can be explained by two major themes: (a) kids like Bryce Drew, and (b) Nashville and Vanderbilt are exploding in popularity as a city and elite university. And, Darius was "in the pocket" the entire time and he got things rolling with other potential prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
I'll offer what I think is the feeling of Vandy fans and that is that no cheating will be tolerated. As I tell Kentucky fans, if one has to quote their success as a championship-to-probation ratio (2.33 in UK's case) then they are "losers" regardless of the wins. No amount of winning can compensate for the insidious shame of cheating (it is kinda like Al Capone bragging about his stolen wealth).

I'll be shocked if Bryce Drew is cheating but will be the first to want him fired if he does cheat. I think that Vandy's recruiting improvements can be explained by two major themes: (a) kids like Bryce Drew, and (b) Nashville and Vanderbilt are exploding in popularity as a city and elite university. And, Darius was "in the pocket" the entire time and he got things rolling with other potential prospects.
Why don't you go to the Kansas board to discuss Romeo for awhile and leave this site because we don't care what you have to say.

I think that Vandy's recruiting improvements can be explained by one major theme:

prop-money-duffel-bag-mix.jpg

The one thing I have seen on this board that is absolutely inexcusable is the comment "How's Shittu's knee doing?"

Won't even attempt an analogy to that. Just classless.

Most IU fans on this board have been civil when I have posted here.

And, at this instant, I have realized I can't cast the first stone. I have said things I wish I could take back. So, ignore this post and put me on ignore. Most likely, I won't post here again.

Garland lives in Nashville, Langford lives 1 hour and 51 minutes from Bloomington FYI. Not exactly a hometown hero.

Since we're playing this game, Garland is a native of Gary, Indiana. So technically speaking, he isn't your quintessential hometown hero either. Should we call it even then?

The one thing I have seen on this board that is absolutely inexcusable is the comment "How's Shittu's knee doing?".

More than Bryce Drew's comments that he'll be ready be it 85, 90 or 100%. I don't even think Cal would put an 18 year old on the court coming off a blown out ACL unless the kid was 100%.

More than Bryce Drew's comments that he'll be ready be it 85, 90 or 100%. I don't even think Cal would put an 18 year old on the court coming off a blown out ACL unless the kid was 100%.
You can be 100% healthy and not 100% game ready. Take off a year and see how game ready any kid is. Will take some game time to get back 100%. No one is going to jeopardize a kids future. He will be medically cleared by team physicians not by Drew.

You can be 100% healthy and not 100% game ready. Take off a year and see how game ready any kid is. Will take some game time to get back 100%. No one is going to jeopardize a kids future. He will be medically cleared by team physicians not by Drew.

Like someone else said, there is way too much money involved to come back even slightly off. Think Vonleh sitting out the last few games just as a precaution....

Ill be very surprised if he plays before Christmas. And even when he comes back, it will be a long process. This year I think the Vanderbilt kid from UK sat out all the way to mid January for something less serious than an ACL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT