ADVERTISEMENT

Is this weird?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Hint- It's a rhetorical question...

So among a raft of GOP politicians attempting to incorporate their family into their campaign ads (and soften their image among female voters) this guy had a pretty bizarre solution in his personal case. He actually "borrowed" the wife and kids of a friend and pretended they were "his family"...

"Anderson, who is running in a close race for Virginia’s seventh congressional district, was seen in another image seated around the dining table with the same woman and three girls.

The images came to light in an article by The New York Times, headlined “G.O.P. Candidates, Looking to Soften Their Image, Turn to Their Wives,” which reported how “male Republicans struggling to appeal to female voters concerned about their records on reproductive rights are unleashing their spouses to make the pitch on their behalf.”

This cracked me up. Checkout the part of the ad where he's sitting around the kitchen table with his "family"...

Hint- It's a rhetorical question...

So among a raft of GOP politicians attempting to incorporate their family into their campaign ads (and soften their image among female voters) this guy had a pretty bizarre solution in his personal case. He actually "borrowed" the wife and kids of a friend and pretended they were "his family"...

"Anderson, who is running in a close race for Virginia’s seventh congressional district, was seen in another image seated around the dining table with the same woman and three girls.

The images came to light in an article by The New York Times, headlined “G.O.P. Candidates, Looking to Soften Their Image, Turn to Their Wives,” which reported how “male Republicans struggling to appeal to female voters concerned about their records on reproductive rights are unleashing their spouses to make the pitch on their behalf.”

This cracked me up. Checkout the part of the ad where he's sitting around the kitchen table with his "family"...

I wonder if, for example, Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott will create make-believe families.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT