ADVERTISEMENT

Is this something (Nordstream)

Ummm, goat was answering about an explosion of gas during repair. He said can’t happen (basically). I and the interwebz agree with him.
how did the initial explosions happen… Explosives… not gas combusting.
It was all there if you followed the chain of the thread.
BTW, this like took some extra effort . . . a window popped up when I hit the "Like" button and basically said "You sure? If so, press 'confirm' below".

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So both Nordstream pipelines sprung a leak.

Some Euros are pointing the finger our way saying sabotage undermines those protesting in Germany to make a deal with the Russians.
Look at it logically—-

First, keep in mind that these two pipelines are NOT in use, so destroying them HELPS no one at this point, but it does put some pressure on Europe about the future of their energy sources and on Russia about potential future profits. Ideologs among the Green Crazies May think they would gain some sort of advantage by the action, but it would make more sense (?) to damage a working pipeline, not an idle one.

While the loss of the pipe may seem to help future American gas sales to EU, our domestic policy discourages/limits the gas production here. No advantage to us to damage the pipe, particularly when it’s not yet operational. We can’t fill the need for gas for EU and they already have the option to buy our gas rather than Russian gas..

This was done by someone crazy &/or stupid…I guess we must conclude it was the Biden Admin…They’re the only ones that fulfill both criteria.

Look at it logically—-

First, keep in mind that these two pipelines are NOT in use, so destroying them HELPS no one at this point, but it does put some pressure on Europe about the future of their energy sources and on Russia about potential future profits. Ideologs among the Green Crazies May think they would gain some sort of advantage by the action, but it would make more sense (?) to damage a working pipeline, not an idle one.

While the loss of the pipe may seem to help future American gas sales to EU, our domestic policy discourages/limits the gas production here. No advantage to us to damage the pipe, particularly when it’s not yet operational. We can’t fill the need for gas for EU and they already have the option to buy our gas rather than Russian gas..

This was done by someone crazy &/or stupid…I guess we must conclude it was the Biden Admin…They’re the only ones that fulfill both criteria.
I don't think it was the U.S. at all. Our position was/is winning. We would have no reason to escalate like this. The threat of the Germans or other Euros peeling off was not great enough (yet) for the U.S. to introduce this type of escalation to the conflict.

The only people it makes sense for IMO would be Ukraine and I don't think they could have pulled this off. And even for them this would be highly dangerous if it was discovered they did it.

I don't think it was the U.S. at all. Our position was/is winning. We would have no reason to escalate like this. The threat of the Germans or other Euros peeling off was not great enough (yet) for the U.S. to introduce this type of escalation to the conflict.

The only people it makes sense for IMO would be Ukraine and I don't think they could have pulled this off. And even for them this would be highly dangerous if it was discovered they did it.
Who benefits from the loss of this inactive pipeline?— Anybody who would benefit from higher gas prices (gas producers). Russia is already selling their gas to EU. The US could sell gas, but we’re discouraging its production and don’t want to increase it.

I read where the leaders from Poland, Norway and Denmark attended a ceremony to mark the opening of the new Baltic Pipe, a key stage on the drive to wean Poland and Europe off Russian gas.

Who benefits from the loss of this inactive pipeline?— Anybody who would benefit from higher gas prices (gas producers). Russia is already selling their gas to EU. The US could sell gas, but we’re discouraging its production and don’t want to increase it.

I read where the leaders from Poland, Norway and Denmark attended a ceremony to mark the opening of the new Baltic Pipe, a key stage on the drive to wean Poland and Europe off Russian gas.
Biden did it to lock in Germany.

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
Terrorism is a possibility, but I don't know if the MAGA gravy seals could pull this off in their bass boats, or why they would want to. I guess there are other terrorists, though.
The Cajun Navy is doing some good work in Florida. To you they are probably just gravy seals.

A far right wing media outlet quoting a Trump administration official . . . that's worse than quoting MSNBC . . . they're so far right that they don't even appear on Allsides' media bias chart:

You a Putin supporter, Bro?

A far right wing media outlet quoting a Trump administration official . . . that's worse than quoting MSNBC . . . they're so far right that they don't even appear on Allsides' media bias chart:

You a Putin supporter, Bro?
The US did not do this.

He said they'd bring it down. There's only maybe a handful of countries who have the technology to pull it off. Also look at who benefits. It all adds up.
So the most you've got is a statement that the US would bring it down plus your own speculation. Got it. ;)

Seymour Hersh needs to retire and stop writing fiction for clickbait
The only part of that Hersh essay that really bothered me was the claim the administration decided Congressional notification wasn't required because Biden made some vague remark that made the action no longer "covert." First, that's a really weak argument. Second, Congressional notification is required for intelligence activities including covert actions, not restricted to them. Of course, the idea that telling the Gang of Eight qualifies as notification was already shown to be stupid during the Bush era, so the whole thing is already resting on unsteady legal grounds.

So long as Hersh continues to rely on anonymous sources to report these salacious stories, everything he writes needs to be taken with a grain of salt, though.

The only part of that Hersh essay that really bothered me was the claim the administration decided Congressional notification wasn't required because Biden made some vague remark that made the action no longer "covert." First, that's a really weak argument. Second, Congressional notification is required for intelligence activities including covert actions, not restricted to them. Of course, the idea that telling the Gang of Eight qualifies as notification was already shown to be stupid during the Bush era, so the whole thing is already resting on unsteady legal grounds.

So long as Hersh continues to rely on anonymous sources to report these salacious stories, everything he writes needs to be taken with a grain of salt, though.
The fact that it benefits Russia and not the US kinda shows you where the sabotage came from

So they mean the Navy Seals. There's only like 5 countries in the world who could've pulled this off and it definitely wasn't Russia or China. The others wouldn't do squat without an order from Washington.

Last edited:
He’s actually making some endrows over in the “let’s make our kids queer” thread.
Gotta give props to ER’body when deserved.

I believe it's "end roads", BICBW.

Well in may farming days, you knew you had finished a good pass, when you reached the end rows (or turn rows some idiots call’um). Lol

After some Googling and word searching, I think the phrase we are looking for is "making inroads".

After some Googling and word searching, I think the phrase we are looking for is "making inroads".
Well that's just stupid !!

hahaha .. Kidding. I honestly thought that is correct but I've had this internal conversation about this for decades. Putting little spins on things that mean nothing at all... It's just a fun (read stupid) little thing I do internally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT