ADVERTISEMENT

A less moderated Russia take

Why in God's name would Americans go undercover in extremely covert operations in Ukraine and wear GoPro's and post to YouTube?

My guess is they are former military that have gone and joined the Ukranian volunteer force. There have been a number of stories about such folks volunteering, and though the US govt discourages it, they don't really stop it.

They're wearing a ****ing GoPro, which records their voices...I'm not interested in your opinion.
If you're too lazy or inept or totally lacking in any interest at all....that's on you.
This is ALL VERY EASY TO FIND!
If it's that easy, then post a link. Are you sure you're not hearing an English narrative of what's going on? I see a lot of video that has an English narrative over native Ukrainian or Russian.

My guess is they are former military that have gone and joined the Ukranian volunteer force. There have been a number of stories about such folks volunteering, and though the US govt discourages it, they don't really stop it.
There have been volunteers from almost all western nations, we all remember the Canadian sniper who went. And yes, mercenaries would be FAR FAR more likely to lack discipline and record themselves than elite special forces.

Did you search CivDiv?

Tell the class what you found
I did, that is why I responded the way I did.
It is obviously easy enough to believe, if you want to (and I do by the way)
But it's also (so far) easy enough to all be staged with todays tech. I have it book marked for my "gravy seal's" to watch as training.
I loved the one piece where the local, with a rifle, insisted to go with them. I wish Kyle Rittenhouse had neighbors like that. Summer of love would have been taken care of the right way.

AMLnZu9NHCkd2cIHByFdoXVSwDyN_paK9nA8sCaTmI7DcEU=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Civ Div
@CivDiv
329K subscribers

Description: A veteran of the Marine Infantry, YPG, YBS, and Ukrainian Spetsnaz who gives advice for going into the Military, getting out of the Military, and everything in-between. Email - CWether@protonmail.com

Civ Div means being a civilian and not in the military:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
We know Americans are fighting there, as are other international troops. Those troops are not there representing the US.

Is the CIA there? Probably.
'These troops are not there representing the US".

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Funnier than old Rocky and Bullwinkle episodes.

Why in God's name would Americans go undercover in extremely covert operations in Ukraine and wear GoPro's and post to YouTube?
They wouldn't. There are many US (and other countries) citizens fighting with the Ukrainian Foreign Legion, this has been known since the start of the war.

If you search Civ Div as he said you will find many videos of Vets talking about fighting with them. If you can spell Civ Div and understand how to search in Youtube it's easy to find.

Cracks in the alliance. Joe Biden SMH.

Then again, the Euros could have listened years ago when they were told they faced this very scenario and laughed about it. Looking at you Germany.

Then again, the Euros could have listened years ago when they were told they faced this very scenario and laughed about it. Looking at you Germany.

Fractures in alliances are a given, always happens. Ike's great achievement was minimizing them as much as he could (and the Americans and British really didn't like each other and both hated Degaulle). It was worse in the Pacific, of course, there the fracture was the Navy wanted nothing to do with MacArthur.

Michael Shaara has a WW1 book, To the Last Man. It has a "quote", being Shaara it is probably made up but I suspect more than one French General thought it. In it, Foch said he always thought so highly of Napoleon until he was forced to fight as part of an alliance. Then he realized how easy Napoleon had it.

Americans are griping at the high cost of gas, I'm not sure why Europeans shouldn't. I'm more amazed this sort of talk hasn't been happening in public for longer.

Reactions: Bill4411

What a coincidence?

Wow! Russia really messed up by damaging their own multi $Billion gas line to Europe..Right?

Fractures in alliances are a given, always happens. Ike's great achievement was minimizing them as much as he could (and the Americans and British really didn't like each other and both hated Degaulle). It was worse in the Pacific, of course, there the fracture was the Navy wanted nothing to do with MacArthur.

Michael Shaara has a WW1 book, To the Last Man. It has a "quote", being Shaara it is probably made up but I suspect more than one French General thought it. In it, Foch said he always thought so highly of Napoleon until he was forced to fight as part of an alliance. Then he realized how easy Napoleon had it.

Americans are griping at the high cost of gas, I'm not sure why Europeans shouldn't. I'm more amazed this sort of talk hasn't been happening in public for longer.
Is Michael Shaara bad? I loved Killer Angels.

President Trump warned them multiple times.

Since the other thread is not to be political, try this one for politics.

DANC and I were discussing elected officials that want us to pull out. Below isn't quite that, but I think it is a bad idea.

30 liberals sent a letter asking Biden to directly negotiate with Putin. In most cases, I would agree. Putin is clearly playing a different game. I think us going to Russia sends a signal Putin will interpret as weakness. I do not think that is good for us or Ukraine. There is no good way to make Putin accept that line on the map in 3 years even if we reached a deal today.

I stand by the discussion in the other thread, some on the far right and some on the far left want the US out entirely. We know from the previous vote that there are more Rs than Ds currently. I doubt they will get a majority without help. A recession combined with fear of waste can drive more to the no column. Those a things will give a place to hang their hat that isn't seen as just being soft on Putin.

There is no negotiation with Putin.

Joe will **** this up yet.

Hope is just hope without action

Looks like Putin wants the civilian Ukrainian Nazis to experience what the German Nazis endured from the RAF and Eighth Air Force, burning wood, no water. Eventually the world will run out of substation transformers.

@DANC
"
I don't want any military relationship with India, other than having access to their ports. I don't trust them to be a reliable partner.
There is just not enough motivation for them to be in bed with us. It's more advantageous for them to play both sides against each other."

You act like you've worked with those greasy little bastages before. I would trust unprotected sex with Hunter buyden 1000x more than an indian. I would trust life longevity being longer forming an anti Putin political party in Moscow than playing checkers with an Indian. It's in their culture. They are slimy. I'd trust joe buyden to pole vault 29' before I would trust an Indian.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
@DANC
"
I don't want any military relationship with India, other than having access to their ports. I don't trust them to be a reliable partner.
There is just not enough motivation for them to be in bed with us. It's more advantageous for them to play both sides against each other."

You act like you've worked with those greasy little bastages before. I would trust unprotected sex with Hunter buyden 1000x more than an indian. I would trust life longevity being longer forming an anti Putin political party in Moscow than playing checkers with an Indian. It's in their culture. They are slimy. I'd trust joe buyden to pole vault 29' before I would trust an Indian.
I am not sure how many it would take to represent a population of 1.4 billion, but it would be a larger number than most Americans have me. Even then, it would have to be random.

It wouldn't be hard for someone outside the US to judge all Americans because they deal with 20 that are total jerks.

I am not sure how many it would take to represent a population of 1.4 billion, but it would be a larger number than most Americans have me. Even then, it would have to be random.

It wouldn't be hard for someone outside the US to judge all Americans because they deal with 20 that are total jerks.
True, and why I am not speaking simply off the cuff after 3 interactions. I have 20 yrs of experience and data to back it up, along with spending time in theater.
It's not that they are inherently evil, they are not. It's the culture is 100yrs+ behind the civilized world. They have their own view on honesty. Just like when China says that they don't "steel" existing technology. China (people) honestly don't see it as steeling. India's culture has normalized being totally slimy, China has normalized being total subvert liars. It's not personal , it's just business.
If you've never been to India, ... I don't know how they are not all extinct from terrible filth and disease. Think 1860 US with 700,000,000 people in New Jersy. I grew up raising hog, and India is filthy!

@DANC
"

I've worked with many Indians and I can say I don't know a single one I didn't enjoy working with. Were they the best workers? No. Many couldn't work in a team very well and most didn't show much leadership ability. But..... all were nice people. I had no issues with them personally, other than they were very narrow-focused in their skill set.

However..... their government is little better than 3rd world. They have major cultural differences within their country - mainly religious - that make our issues look tame by comparison.

Politics aside, Indian women are hot. There, I said it.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I've worked with many Indians and I can say I don't know a single one I didn't enjoy working with. Were they the best workers? No. Many couldn't work in a team very well and most didn't show much leadership ability. But..... all were nice people. I had no issues with them personally, other than they were very narrow-focused in their skill set.

However..... their government is little better than 3rd world. They have major cultural differences within their country - mainly religious - that make our issues look tame by comparison.

Politics aside, Indian women are hot. There, I said it.
My issues are not on the individual level and have NOTHING to do with the ones that come here. If you try to conduct business inside India, there are MAJOR systemic issues and they are like working with an 1890 person in 2023. Sorry, no sorry. I've 20 yrs of data. It's like pulling your own teeth through your nose.

My issues are not on the individual level and have NOTHING to do with the ones that come here. If you try to conduct business inside India, there are MAJOR systemic issues and they are like working with an 1890 person in 2023. Sorry, no sorry. I've 20 yrs of data. It's like pulling your own teeth through your nose.
I believe you. Most of the ones I worked with were here, but I also worked remotely with some in India.

However, I do believe you about business inside India. I know our company opened offices there and it was like that call center in India show on about 10 years ago. When I was on the phone a lot of time, you could hear birds chirping in the background. lol And the ones I knew here would tell horror stories of trying to do business in India.

India is just a weird country and I attribute part of that to its English influence. And its cast system. How can they be a 1st world country when they villages still in fear of tiger attacks? My wife went over there for work and said there were monkeys roaming all over their hotel. lol

I believe you. Most of the ones I worked with were here, but I also worked remotely with some in India.

However, I do believe you about business inside India. I know our company opened offices there and it was like that call center in India show on about 10 years ago. When I was on the phone a lot of time, you could hear birds chirping in the background. lol And the ones I knew here would tell horror stories of trying to do business in India.

India is just a weird country and I attribute part of that to its English influence. And its cast system. How can they be a 1st world country when they villages still in fear of tiger attacks? My wife went over there for work and said there were monkeys roaming all over their hotel. lol
I suppose I should back up and say, I agree that strategically they should be a major consideration and we should be 100% in there. BUT, it's gonna take someone a hell of a lot more tolerant than I am to deal with them. My hatred is just way to ingrained. Fool me once... fool me EVERY EFFING time for 20 yrs... ahh hell no.

I will also say, there are some absolutely, totally unbelievably beautiful parts of that country. Going there is should be a bucket list item. But plan to be TOTALLY out of your element, no matter what you've experienced. And OH. 5,000 mgm antibiotic tablets are a must or you will die! 5,000 is not a typo.

I suppose I should back up and say, I agree that strategically they should be a major consideration and we should be 100% in there. BUT, it's gonna take someone a hell of a lot more tolerant than I am to deal with them. My hatred is just way to ingrained. Fool me once... fool me EVERY EFFING time for 20 yrs... ahh hell no.

I will also say, there are some absolutely, totally unbelievably beautiful parts of that country. Going there is should be a bucket list item. But plan to be TOTALLY out of your element, no matter what you've experienced. And OH. 5,000 mgm antibiotic tablets are a must or you will die! 5,000 is not a typo.
Whatever you do….do not shake hands with one using your left hand

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT