ADVERTISEMENT

A less moderated Russia take

So Biden'ts not really President?
He has to make the final call but the generals really are who come up with the information and strategy. Isn't that the way a CEO should act? Not just do it based upon a hunch or because he personally likes someone.

Some points on Putin's prep since Crimea:

Since 2015, Russia, by diverting oil and gas revenue, has expanded its currency reserves to a staggering $631 billion, equivalent to a third of Russia’s entire economy. It is the fourth-largest such reserve in the world, among the largest of any petrostate’s.​
And Mr. Putin, by paring down expenses, has kept overall debts to under two-thirds of his currency reserves.​
Crucially, the once-dominant dollar now accounts for only 16 percent of Russia’s currency reserves, which Moscow has replaced with euros, China’s renminbi, and gold.​
Russia has also restructured corporate debts in the country to be in rubles rather than dollars, for example.​
At the same time, Russia has shifted some trade to Asia. And, after 2014, when Russia imposed trade restrictions on European cheese as a retaliation for sanctions, Moscow replaced lost imports with homegrown alternatives.​

So he was working hard at preparing all through Trump's term. Would he have done this under Trump? I do not know and I am absolutely sure no one else here knows. Some reasons he may have include:

1. He is old, may not have time to outwait
  2. He invested heavily in nationalism for this reason and may have hoped Trump would act like India and Brazil
  3. He couldn't hoard cash forever
  4. Western nations are trying to use LESS oil and gas, not more. A tech breakthrough in batteries, for example, and he loses a key weapon.
Again, only Putin knows if he would have done anything. But some people exhibit BDS in suggesting it is ONLY because of Biden. For example, they blame Biden for Iranian drones. The Iranian drone program has been in existence for a very long time, they employed unmanned aerial vehicles in the Iraq War. Why didn't any other administration stop Iran from having a drone program?

A fair-minded person says that there is virtually nothing ANY president could do to stop Iranian drones. If we had Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln, Iran would have drones and Iran would use them to help virtually their only ally. But the crazies will crazy on the subject.
So blaming BIden is bad, but claiming Trump was a Russian agent for 4 years is OK?

Pretty ironic you want to talk about being "fair-minded" now.

He has to make the final call but the generals really are who come up with the information and strategy. Isn't that the way a CEO should act? Not just do it based upon a hunch or because he personally likes someone.
Is it his call or not? Make up your mind.

Is he President or not?

Reactions: stollcpa
Is it his call or not? Make up your mind.

Is he President or not?
Yes, if you could not infer that from what I was saying that's what makes it such a tough job because whatever the outcome it's on you.

Yes, if you could not infer that from what I was saying that's what makes it such a tough job because whatever the outcome it's on you.
Well, you said he did whatever his generals told him, so I don't think it was clear at all.

Reactions: stollcpa
Just curious: do you understand that everyone else thinks you're full of shit, or is it a mystery to you?
images
images

You're right, I forgot about Steve Bannon who's said he is a "Leninist"

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Quoting Marvin
"
I agree that Russia needs to understand this mistake 1) better be a mistake and 2) this is their one and only mulligan. Personally, I would have Wagner Group command and control as the top retaliation location.
But at the same point, we are not yet positive this was a Russian missile. It can be a defensive weapon astray. My guess is that will lead to some serious talks with Ukraine."

I am reminded of Monty Python... OH You've Pissed me off now (swoosh an arm gone).. OH now I'm really mad (swoosh) second arm gone... OH BOY I'm really mad (swoosh there went a leg)..

Err'body knows the rules and have for decades. Even if an accident, you hit a NATO country. You die. Rain hell fire down on Russia. Stop this crap before its too late.

With all due intended respect to the moderators. (I sent you all those Omaha steaks. Were they good? )

Quoting Marvin
"
I agree that Russia needs to understand this mistake 1) better be a mistake and 2) this is their one and only mulligan. Personally, I would have Wagner Group command and control as the top retaliation location.
But at the same point, we are not yet positive this was a Russian missile. It can be a defensive weapon astray. My guess is that will lead to some serious talks with Ukraine."

I am reminded of Monty Python... OH You've Pissed me off now (swoosh an arm gone).. OH now I'm really mad (swoosh) second arm gone... OH BOY I'm really mad (swoosh there went a leg)..

Err'body knows the rules and have for decades. Even if an accident, you hit a NATO country. You die. Rain hell fire down on Russia. Stop this crap before its too late.

With all due intended respect to the moderators. (I sent you all those Omaha steaks. Were they good? )
You actually risk global thermonuclear war over this one strike?

You actually risk global thermonuclear war over this one strike?
Risk? That is already there. It's been there for decades. Putin doesn't seem to worry about risking it, he's using it as a tool (that he will never use). BUT, as KGB he gets his rocks off knowing that he can, and is, holding the rest of the world hostage.
Being held hostage only enriches politicians and creates fear of us minions. I won't live in fear. I won't be a KGB minion. I will say what I will do, and I will do what I say with 1 seconds notice of the rules being broken. .... The rules have been broken. Every Putin loves a pussy. I'll not live in fear.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
Quoting Marvin
"

This gabble didn't age well.

You are now endorsing 'hell-fire raining down' on the UKEs now?

This gabble didn't age well.

You are now endorsing 'hell-fire raining down' on the UKEs now?
WELL, in all good fashion, I did have the caveat in there that we didn't know if it could have been an accident. In a way, I ended up being kind of a fortune teller.

And If I recall, That was a Smirnoff night. So it's not like I'm totally anti Russia!

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
WELL, in all good fashion, I did have the caveat in there that we didn't know if it could have been an accident. In a way, I ended up being kind of a fortune teller.

And If I recall, That was a Smirnoff night. So it's not like I'm totally anti Russia!
You quoted Martian.

I get that, but doesn't that mean he was predicting that Trump's administration would sanction him if he invaded Ukraine?

First, I'm not sure Trump would have done that.

Second, the very fact Putin was thinking that was a real possibility disproves the whole notion that Trump was compromised by the Russians, doesn't it?

I mean, if you're Putin and you just invaded Crimea in 2014, and now Trump is in office and you control him, aren't you taking the rest of Ukraine right then--in 2017-19--so that your puppet won't come down too hard on you and can help convince the European community of the same (by say, agreeing to continue to fund NATO or not make a big stink about it)?
Actually, it disproves your theory that Putin was waiting while Trump was in power.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
There is no possible universe in which CO wouldn't be criticizing Biden, no matter how he handled it.
The absurdity of CoH‘s argument lies in the simple truth that Ukraine has kicked Putin‘s ass from the beginning until now.

COH is likely to argue that Biden lost us World War II also.

The absurdity of CoH‘s argument lies in the simple truth that Ukraine has kicked Putin‘s ass from the beginning until now.

COH is likely to argue that Biden lost us World War II also.
Three Quarters of Ukraine west of the Dneiper blue line have no electricity, fuels or water...estimated 100,000 killed and 3-400,000 wounded. Estimated 2 million refugees...

Germany has no gas to drive the industrial engine of Europe after the sabotage of Nordstream..

Poland is suffering significant loss of men and material as the 'International' troops are engaged in much of the fighting and dying..one video shows a Canadian AFV, very new , remains of six Polish, all wearing complete NATO equipment, with the blue/gold cloth swatches on their legs; another, a ten minute video of American operators doing an attempted recon of a town, all wearing UKR patches..
Rangers would be my guess.

Ukraine is doing the heavy lifting-we aren't sending troops. Meanwhile our arch enemy is bogged down in a war that makes them look both cruel and incompetent.
This is propaganda, and a lie!

There are multiple videos readily available showing American recon teams conducting ops in Ukr..
Dressed in Uke uniforms, wearing the blue/gold colors carrying AK variants and American man-portable a-a tubes..
American losses are not publicized.

There are multiple videos readily available showing American recon teams conducting ops in Ukr..
Dressed in Uke uniforms, wearing the blue/gold colors carrying AK variants and American man-portable a-a tubes..
Link?

• Haha
Reactions: Zizkov

So they're dressed like Ukranians, fighting in Ukraine, but you know they're Americans... how? Do you have their names?

American losses are not publicized because there are none. You are deep in conspiracy territory.

Not saying that you are wrong, but how do you honestly know they are American? Is it video of Bravo team from the show Seal Team?

So they're dressed like Ukranians, fighting in Ukraine, but you know they're Americans... how? Do you have their names?

American losses are not publicized because there are none. You are deep in conspiracy territory.

They're wearing a ****ing GoPro, which records their voices...I'm not interested in your opinion.
If you're too lazy or inept or totally lacking in any interest at all....that's on you.
This is ALL VERY EASY TO FIND!

They're wearing a ****ing GoPro, which records their voices...I'm not interested in your opinion.
If you're too lazy or inept or totally lacking in any interest at all....that's on you.
This is ALL VERY EASY TO FIND!
Whoa brother. We are on the same side.
What's the proof, and american sounding voices isnt' it.

FTR, I have zero doubt that we don't have a presence in theater, but "american voices on go pro" isn't good evidence for public consumption. We just need a little more. .. Saaay, maybe one of them had a "MOM" tattoo? That'd at least help. a little.

FTR, I have zero doubt that we don't have a presence in theater, but "american voices on go pro" isn't good evidence for public consumption. We just need a little more. .. Saaay, maybe one of them had a "MOM" tattoo? That'd at least help. a little.
No

Get on You Tube

Search for CivDiv.

Watch GoPro missions.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
The "dirty bomb" is classic Russia disinformation which means they must be considering it. Why in heavens name would you want to use a "dirty bomb" on your own soil-maybe in the middle of Moscow would make sense but not in Ukraine-that's classic Russian b.s.
Ukraine is considered 'their own soil' by millions of Russian ethnic Slavs inside and outside of Ukraine.

No Russian nukes in Ukraine.

Well Mas is on Putin’s side.... so you're with him too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT