ADVERTISEMENT

Is this real?

Wtf Indiana?

As usual with Fox I'm thinking there is more to the story, and it goes beyond parents just not using "proper pronouns". This is IN, with a GOP Governor, GOP Legislature, a neandethral like Rokita as AG, and a judiciary that is pretty conservative. There isn't any aspect of IN that is particularly Trans- supportive. So the idea that a welfare agency in IN, headed up by a GOP appointee is removing a child for no reason other than the harm caused by improper pronouns stikes me as pretty far fetched...

One thing the story fails to mention is the age of the "child" and exactly who initiated the complaint. Did someone over hear the parents mislabelling the child, or did the child complain to a social worker or someone else? How does the child feel about staying with the parents? Does the child feel safe in the home?

These are all questions Fox conveniently ignores in their attempt to rile you up. What I can't figure out is who is the particularly Trans-supportive cog supposedly driving the wheel and violating the parent's "rights"? The head of the CPS agency is appointed by the Governor and is compensated by a salary of $190,000. And the recently appointed (directly by Holcombe) is Eric Miller, and he certainly doesn't strike anyone as pro-trans...

So like I said I'm thinking there is more to the story than what Fox is claiming. I can't see this state's CPS being overly concerned about proper pronouns, but I can see them being overly cautious if they felt the child was safer outside the home...

So they were beating the kid? Denying him basic necessities?

Verbal and mental abuse leading to an eating disorder.

They should be more worried about keeping a relationship with their kid. Pretty sure it said in one of the article the child is now over 18. She could move away and never look back. I would be more worried about that.

They should be more worried about keeping a relationship with their kid. Pretty sure it said in one of the article the child is now over 18. She could move away and never look back. I would be more worried about that.
Verbal and mental abuse?

Examples in this case?

It's far more complicated than what Fox would have you believe. It takes a lot for the state to declare a kid a CHINS.

I mean, other than an unspecified eating disorder that the state claimed the parents weren’t seeking treatment for, it seems like what happened is exactly as Fox described it.

What am I missing?

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
I mean, other than an unspecified eating disorder that the state claimed the parents weren’t seeking treatment for, it seems like what happened is exactly as Fox described it.

What am I missing?
No one knows what you're missing. The state can't publicize their side of the story. So we have no idea what the parents could be leaving out.

No one knows what you're missing. The state can't publicize their side of the story. So we have no idea what the parents could be leaving out.

I have witnessed how 1 sided stories can make the news firsthand. Someone in my neighborhood had a dispute with the HOA. What was conveniently left out was they had cussed out the President of the HOA in front of his family, lied about what they were doing to the TV Station and had previously reported their own neighbor for the same rule they were wanting to violate.

TV Station never bothered to get the other side of the story and ran the story about the evil HOA empire that was taking advantage of the poor, defenseless family lol. Just wanted to write a clickbait piece that would get people riled up regardless of the actual facts.

I was just curious what led Mark to say it’s way more complicated than what Fox said it was.

Also, the states response to the lawsuit is linked in the article. It’s where I learned of the eating disorder.

There didn’t seem to be anything else other than abusive language and not seeking treatment for the eating disorder.

I was just curious what led Mark to say it’s way more complicated than what Fox said it was.

Also, the states response to the lawsuit is linked in the article. It’s where I learned of the eating disorder.

There didn’t seem to be anything else other than abusive language and not seeking treatment for the eating disorder.
The state is only going to respond with information necessary to counter the parents' claims. It's their word against the government's.

Does anyone here honestly believe the child would've been removed by CPS if the parents had agreed to use the alternative name and fake pronouns?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Does anyone here honestly believe the child would've been removed by CPS if the parents had agreed to use the alternative name and fake pronouns?
I don't believe anything about it. Why is it so hard for people to say "I don't know?" This is the perfect example of the kind of situation that we outsiders simply can't trust we know enough to form an opinion.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I don't believe anything about it. Why is it so hard for people to say "I don't know?" This is the perfect example of the kind of situation that we outsiders simply can't trust we know enough to form an opinion.
Hickory has posted that he has information regarding verbal and mental abuse….of course he is not capable of elaborating

The Fox News article I linked says claims of abuse were found unsubstantiated. The parents took him to therapy for his eating disorder (what else are they supposed to do?) and his disorder got even worse after being removed from the home.

I would bet if the parents weren't mentally abusing the child because they didn't align with their religious beliefs then CPS wouldn't have been involved. Likely a lot more to the story than using right pro-nouns.

Doesn't sound like a happy home environment. Since the kid is an adult now, think they will return home?

I would bet if the parents weren't mentally abusing the child because they didn't align with their religious beliefs then CPS wouldn't have been involved. Likely a lot more to the story than using right pro-nouns.

Doesn't sound like a happy home environment. Since the kid is an adult now, think they will return home?
So he got removed because the parents wouldn't partake in the child's insanity. Got it.

Makes perfect sense if you're a lib.

Yeah, but did the kid have a roof over their head and were they regularly offered bread and water? Jesus F*****g Christ, how much does a parent really need to do?

I say let the voters decide.

Since when does anyone (on the left, right, or in between) on here have to know "enough"...or anything?
Man, are you trying to shut down the Cooler?

It's far more complicated than what Fox would have you believe. It takes a lot for the state to declare a kid a CHINS.

The Indiana DCS is soooooooooo messed up. I have over 25 years of experience working against them and they are, by far, one of the worst state agencies out there. Anyone on here (or otherwise) who tries to make sense of what they do (or don't do) is running a fool's errand.

IMHO they are worthless and a lot of times create more harm than good. Their case workers are underprepared/undertrained, their attorneys are over-worked and the tail (policies from either regional or state offices) wags the dog. It does take a lot more than pronoun usage to get a child adjudicated as a CHINS in Indiana but it wouldn't surprise me if the DCS tried for some reason. Methinks there has to be more to the story for a COURT to sign off on a removal like this but at the same time, the DCS system is so fuct, who knows? As others have pointed out, it's hard to get the straight dope because these cases are confidential.

All this being said, don't waste your time trying to figure it out...especially with only pieces and parts of the story being able to be reported. Hickory's HOA example could very well be spot on--click bait for pearl clutchers to reinforce their already pre-conceived notions.

The Indiana DCS is soooooooooo messed up. I have over 25 years of experience working against them and they are, by far, one of the worst state agencies out there. Anyone on here (or otherwise) who tries to make sense of what they do (or don't do) is running a fool's errand.

IMHO they are worthless and a lot of times create more harm than good. Their case workers are underprepared/undertrained, their attorneys are over-worked and the tail (policies from either regional or state offices) wags the dog. It does take a lot more than pronoun usage to get a child adjudicated as a CHINS in Indiana but it wouldn't surprise me if the DCS tried for some reason. Methinks there has to be more to the story for a COURT to sign off on a removal like this but at the same time, the DCS system is so fuct, who knows? As others have pointed out, it's hard to get the straight dope because these cases are confidential.

All this being said, don't waste your time trying to figure it out...especially with only pieces and parts of the story being able to be reported. Hickory's HOA example could very well be spot on--click bait for pearl clutchers to reinforce their already pre-conceived notions.
PS--the best example I've heard to describe the DCS in Indiana is:

Imagine taking your car to the service station for an oil change. You come back an hour later and the techs have taken the entire car a part with no idea of how to put it back together again.

Unfortunately, this is the current state of the DCS here in Indiana.

25 years my god. Did you ever get your kids back?

The state filed a brief recently.

""Rather, petitioners' child was removed because the child had a severe eating disorder that petitioners had not been able to effectively address for two years, that jeopardized the child's brain and bone health," the attorney general's office argued in a brief filed earlier this month."

I hate MSN links but here it is:

Reactions: UncleMark
I have witnessed how 1 sided stories can make the news firsthand. Someone in my neighborhood had a dispute with the HOA. What was conveniently left out was they had cussed out the President of the HOA in front of his family, lied about what they were doing to the TV Station and had previously reported their own neighbor for the same rule they were wanting to violate.

TV Station never bothered to get the other side of the story and ran the story about the evil HOA empire that was taking advantage of the poor, defenseless family lol. Just wanted to write a clickbait piece that would get people riled up regardless of the actual facts.
mom day GIF

Since it was a bunch of HOA pricks involved, I'm glad they ran a clickbait story.

Reactions: Spartans9312
The state filed a brief recently.

""Rather, petitioners' child was removed because the child had a severe eating disorder that petitioners had not been able to effectively address for two years, that jeopardized the child's brain and bone health," the attorney general's office argued in a brief filed earlier this month."

I hate MSN links but here it is:

Ridiculous. Parents know best how to starve their child. How dare big government step in.

Let the parents decide.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT