ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Offer by IU...

If IU wins the conference with no off court problems and doesn't get past sweet 16, it might be time to move on
Sir I respectfully disagree. If we win the Conference next year we should not
"Move on" being a Hoosier fan I always thought OLD SCHOOL and HARDCORE fans valued the conference. Over a fluke tournament
Knight said as much.

Yes but I would hold the great coaches to a higher seed since they have shown to be great. That is why the last 6 years of RMK upset a lot more than Creans last few years because I expect more from RMK than I do Crean.
So you admit you have settled for less because TC isn't good enough? Aren't you always arguing that you haven't embraced the mediocrity?

So you admit you have settled for less because TC isn't good enough? Aren't you always arguing that you haven't embraced the mediocrity?
I would think everyone would agree that he is not elite coach and nobody has ever stated he was and shouldn't be compared to the elite coaches. If we could get one of the elite coaches then I would be all for a change. I just don't feel that elite coach is out that and available so I think Crean is better than what else is out there.

I would think everyone would agree that he is not elite coach and nobody has ever stated he was and shouldn't be compared to the elite coaches. If we could get one of the elite coaches then I would be all for a change. I just don't feel that elite coach is out that and available so I think Crean is better than what else is out there.
So you agree with what I said....you're a settler. Ok that's settled

not having this stupid discussion again because as a fan we don't have any say who the coach is so I can't do anything to make a change even if I think it is the right thing to do.
If it's inevitable sit back and enjoy it...that's the settlers way

I would put MSU in that camp. They played very well at the end of the year, won the BTT Tourney and got bounced in the first round. It happens.
MSU wasn't nearly as good this year as IU 2013 - talent-wise. But they had a really dynamic player, had guys who filled their roles and a helluva coach in Izzo.

DV had a LOT to do with Sparty being successful this year. It's no coincidence the 3-4 games during the season he was out and having the bad game in the NCAA tournament that they lost/struggled.

MSU wasn't nearly as good this year as IU 2013 - talent-wise. But they had a really dynamic player, had guys who filled their roles and a helluva coach in Izzo.

DV had a LOT to do with Sparty being successful this year. It's no coincidence the 3-4 games during the season he was out and having the bad game in the NCAA tournament that they lost/struggled.

We call those excuses.

Reactions: cheyennemtnman
If it's inevitable sit back and enjoy it...that's the settlers way
So explain to me what we are suppose to do and what have you done since you are not a settler beside bitching on a message board. If I thought bitching on this board would change anything and bring in Stevens or Marshall you would see me bitching every day just like you guys.

So explain to me what we are suppose to do and what have you done since you are not a settler beside bitching on a message board. If I thought bitching on this board would change anything and bring in Stevens or Marshall you would see me bitching every day just like you guys.
Settle down, easy now just settle down

I would put MSU in that camp. They played very well at the end of the year, won the BTT Tourney and got bounced in the first round. It happens.

oh geez. you guys are really, really bad at this. it happens to everyone but happens to IU more under CTC. wow, you guys are not great at understanding what makes a pattern. :)

A
oh geez. you guys are really, really bad at this. it happens to everyone but happens to IU more under CTC. wow, you guys are not great at understanding what makes a pattern. :)
Agin, not a Crean apologist. My two big strikes against him, Sarycuse, and 2014. Eye test that 2013 team was a title contender. More upseat about that then 2012 UK or 2016 UNC, both teams were really good. My big gripe is 2014. The absolute FLOOR at IU has to be NCAA. And if not you better have cut the nets down the year before. All that said I keep coming back to Two outright BIG in four years. That hasn't happened in a long time. For me next year is make or break.

Sir I respectfully disagree. If we win the Conference next year we should not
"Move on" being a Hoosier fan I always thought OLD SCHOOL and HARDCORE fans valued the conference. Over a fluke tournament
Knight said as much.

Knight said that about the conference tourney.....

There is another school that says stuff like this.... Purdue.

What other big time school values conference titles over deep NCAA tourney runs?
UNC? no
Duke? no
UK? no
KU? no
MSU? no

I'm sure Butler would trade in their deep runs back in the day for some more Horizon League titles....

We call this trolling

So, you listed a series of "reasons" that MSU got beat this year…"reasons" that you know you and a few others would NEVER accept, and I pointed out that those are excuses, just like you would if the situation were reversed…and I'm trolling?

Wow. How do you guys manage to be unbelievable and predictable all at once?

I seen on another board that msu loss this year was considered one of the top 3 worst losses or upset in ncaa history. I wanted to aurgue against that but cant remember who had a worse loss. I think Iowa State was a 15 and lost. Either way that loss was a huge meltdown.Should be no excuse. Probably Izzo worst coaching job ever. Cant have it both ways some of you like to that.

I seen on another board that msu loss this year was considered one of the top 3 worst losses or upset in ncaa history. I wanted to aurgue against that but cant remember who had a worse loss. I think Iowa State was a 15 and lost. Either way that loss was a huge meltdown.Should be no excuse. Probably Izzo worst coaching job ever. Cant have it both ways some of you like to that.
If only you were as critical of TC as you are on every other coach.

How many final fours has Izzo been to? I forget....

I bet MSU fans are ready to trade Izzo for Crean right now!!!

lol

But MSU was still better than IU, wouldn't you agree?

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
So, you listed a series of "reasons" that MSU got beat this year…"reasons" that you know you and a few others would NEVER accept, and I pointed out that those are excuses, just like you would if the situation were reversed…and I'm trolling?

Wow. How do you guys manage to be unbelievable and predictable all at once?
A statement was made comparing Michigan State from this past year to IU from 2013. I gave reasons WHY they were different.

If you want to disagree, I have no problem with that - but tell us why. In case you haven't noticed by now, I'll go out of my way to do that. I just ask others to do the same - otherwise, aren't you just trolling?

Let's try this again - I gave reasons why IU's of 2013 doesn't compare to Michigan State from this past season . If you disagree with that assessment, give something to support what you say.

BTW - I will accept reasons that are well-thought out. I might still disagree, but I'll break down WHY if I do.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
A

Agin, not a Crean apologist. My two big strikes against him, Sarycuse, and 2014. Eye test that 2013 team was a title contender. More upseat about that then 2012 UK or 2016 UNC, both teams were really good. My big gripe is 2014. The absolute FLOOR at IU has to be NCAA. And if not you better have cut the nets down the year before. All that said I keep coming back to Two outright BIG in four years. That hasn't happened in a long time. For me next year is make or break.
This is a good, reasonable post.

I actually liked the 2012 team better. They played UK as well as anyone in the Tournament. 2013 was a good year, but there were a number of disappointing losses - along with Syracuse, there was Butler and Illinois, also.

Reactions: Wat Shot
Tom izzo last and only championship was over 15 years ago. What is acceptable. If TC wins a championship is it alright if he doest win another for 15 years as long as he has some final fours or elite 8s. Does a bigten champioship need to be in the mix. I guess thats my biggest complaint about some on this board. Imight be wrong maybe no one would be complaining if our last 15 years were like msu..

Tom izzo last and only championship was over 15 years ago. What is acceptable. If TC wins a championship is it alright if he doest win another for 15 years as long as he has some final fours or elite 8s. Does a bigten champioship need to be in the mix. I guess thats my biggest complaint about some on this board. Imight be wrong maybe no one would be complaining if our last 15 years were like msu..
How many times has Izzo had MSU in the mix? And he's done it with lower-seeded teams, too.

I want to feel like IU has a punchers chance of winning it all. 2012 is the only time I've thought we had a great shot. And once I look at how Crean coaches, how his team's have not done the little things (like Izzo's teams) and how his team's are so reliant on offense, I think it's a valid concern that he's plateaued. I admit, I could be wrong. But until CTC gets teams doing the things that lead to long-term success CONSISTENTLY I'll always have my doubts.

Reactions: Rakkasan29

This is hilarious....you are actually trying to compare Izzo and Crean....

Let's start by getting past the sweet 16 once in 9 years....then work up to other goals.

"Some final fours"? Izzo has been to 7 in 21 years...that's 1 every 3 years.

Yes, if Crean gets to a final four once every 3 years for the next 21, he can stick around....lol

Would you agree last year in my view was the first time we started to show some izzo qualities. One example is we finished stronger and got better thru out the year. I will be disappointed if we dont see more of that next year. I think we will be a better team on the defensive end than msu. To this point able to keep a Bryant here is huge. He has the most ability for the next level than zeller and vonleh yet he stayed. This is the most talented team CTC has had here.

Would you agree last year in my view was the first time we started to show some izzo qualities. One example is we finished stronger and got better thru out the year. I will be disappointed if we dont see more of that next year. I think we will be a better team on the defensive end than msu. To this point able to keep a Bryant here is huge. He has the most ability for the next level than zeller and vonleh yet he stayed. This is the most talented team CTC has had here.
I'd be shocked if TB turns out to be a better pro than NV

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT