ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Offer by IU...

When have we had widely talented team. 2013 was a very good team but I wouldn't say they were widely talented except for two players.

semantics...we'll call 2013 the 2nd best/ most skiled team in our coaches career but was squashed like a bug in the sweet 16...there you go

Reactions: ChampsAgain
I kind of assumed we were talking about IU. Including his Marquette years is rationalizing his success if you're an IU fan.
If he can make the final four at Marquette then you would think he would have a chance at IU as well. You say he has no chance to do it here because he has not proven it here but in his history it has proven that he can go that far.

I did not think we should have been ranked #1 to start the season and thought the only reason we were was how e played the previous season against UK in the tournament. If we had lost in the second round to VCU then I would say we would have not been ranked #1 to start that season. I thought we deserved to a 1 seed but I also thought Syracuse was better than a 4 seed and was only a 4 seed because of a bad two week stretch.

what does your humble opinion have to do with reality of the actual general perception of that team?

Vegas liked us...a lot

rationalize away...you are the same guy who wanted Crean fired after last year but declared him a top 20 coach this year...so that's what we're dealing with :)

opinions are like kittens and you are giving them away...always...non-stop...ugh

there has been a lot better teams than the 2013 IU team that did not make it past the sweet 16.

love it...your rationalization for crean not going deep with 2 of the 3 best teams he's ever had or will ever have is that upsets happen?

this is your MO -- pick something that happens infrequently and apply it to something that happens frequently

newsflash from IUSCOTT: duke doesn't always get past the s16

lolololol

what does your humble opinion have to do with reality of the actual general perception of that team?

Vegas liked us...a lot

rationalize away...you are the same guy who wanted Crean fired after last year but declared him a top 20 coach this year...so that's what we're dealing with :)

opinions are like kittens and you are giving them away...always...non-stop...ugh
Just in my humble opinion the 2013 team was not the best team in the country going into that season. Again this has nothing to do if I like Crean or not since if they got rid of him tomorrow I would be behind that decision.

I did not think we should have been ranked #1 to start the season and thought the only reason we were was how e played the previous season against UK in the tournament. If we had lost in the second round to VCU then I would say we would have not been ranked #1 to start that season. I thought we deserved to a 1 seed but I also thought Syracuse was better than a 4 seed and was only a 4 seed because of a bad two week stretch.

Bad games happen, but when the number 1 seed is absolutely destroyed by the number 4 seed, it's excuses....

IU didn't have a field goal for the first 6 mins of the game. With 2 top 5 NBA draft picks on the roster. It wasn't that we lost, it was how IU lost.

It was one of the worst coached games by a coach at IU. Period.

How much talent does Crean need? Because we all know he isn't coaching a roster without a few first round draft picks past the sweet 16....

Just in my humble opinion the 2013 team was not the best team in the country going into that season. Again this has nothing to do if I like Crean or not since if they got rid of him tomorrow I would be behind that decision.

oh for the love of god -- you've literally written 1000 times that if we got rid of him now no one would coach here ever

or is this the robot thing you do where you give a thousand opinions a day but say you will really follow whatever IU does like a blind mule tied to a string?

again, you are probably a good dude, IU SCOTT, but your fighty, inconsistent ways make an unbearable board more unbearable :)

oh for the love of god -- you've literally written 1000 times that if we got rid of him now no one would coach here ever

or is this the robot thing you do where you give a thousand opinions a day but say you will really follow whatever IU does like a blind mule tied to a string?

again, you are probably a good dude, IU SCOTT, but your fighty, inconsistent ways make an unbearable board more unbearable :)
Again I root for INDIANA and not certain individual so it does not matter to me who the coach is as long as they win and do it the right way.

Reactions: Wat Shot
it's called logic.

a few fans more than happy with coach
said coach can't get past sweet 16 even with wildly talented teams
a few fans happy with sweet 16s

there you go

I have a question for all these "fans" who claim they aren't happy just to make the Sweet 16 or even the Dance: What would it take for you to call for Crean's head?

It sure wasn't getting destroyed by Syracuse. All we got was a million excuses.

It sure wasn't when we didn't even make the NIT.

It sure hasn't been with all the over-signing to he has to run off players for more 3 stars.

If Crean doesn't make the Elite 8 next year, will you call for his head or say, "next year" again?

Reactions: hondo314

Why do you think I put him on ignore?

Reactions: hondo314
I have a question for all these "fans" who claim they aren't happy just to make the Sweet 16 or even the Dance: What would it take for you to call for Crean's head?

It sure wasn't getting destroyed by Syracuse. All we got was a million excuses.

It sure wasn't when we didn't even make the NIT.

It sure hasn't been with all the over-signing to he has to run off players for more 3 stars.

If Crean doesn't make the Elite 8 next year, will you call for his head or say, "next year" again?
If he gets more off the court problems and we finish below 4th in the conference this year and lose before the sweet 16

If he gets more off the court problems and we finish below 4th in the conference this year and lose before the sweet 16

If IU wins the conference with no off court problems and doesn't get past sweet 16, it might be time to move on

Again I root for INDIANA and not certain individual so it does not matter to me who the coach is as long as they win and do it the right way.

but you'll give your opinion 100 times a day regardless. again, you are probably a good dude but I am ignoring you now for the sake of my sanity. your approach is truly mind-numbing

fight fight fight then say, "I'm behind IU no matter what."

No -- just no! :)

Crean hasn't been able to get any further and hasn't even come close. How is anyone rationalizing that?
Not even come close? Twice already but the point is... it is merely conjecture whether he will or will not. It is laughable that some think it is a truism.

Bad games happen, but when the number 1 seed is absolutely destroyed by the number 4 seed, it's excuses....

IU didn't have a field goal for the first 6 mins of the game. With 2 top 5 NBA draft picks on the roster. It wasn't that we lost, it was how IU lost.

It was one of the worst coached games by a coach at IU. Period.

How much talent does Crean need? Because we all know he isn't coaching a roster without a few first round draft picks past the sweet 16....

I can think of a few other IU coaches who have thrown up some real stinkers in the tournament.

but you'll give your opinion 100 times a day regardless. again, you are probably a good dude but I am ignoring you now for the sake of my sanity. your approach is truly mind-numbing

fight fight fight then say, "I'm behind IU no matter what."

No -- just no! :)
Appears that you just don't like it when someone disagrees with you. Seem a little insecure to me.

I can think of a few other IU coaches who have thrown up some real stinkers in the tournament.

sure, every coach gets beat but our guy got his arse handed to him with the 2nd and 3rd best teams he's had in a 17 year career.

seriously, why is the procreant crown obsessed with one-off results? oh ya, it makes it all work for their guy.

YES -- everyone gets beat early in the tourney sometimes...our guy gets beat early 16 of 17 years...geez louise

If he can make the final four at Marquette then you would think he would have a chance at IU as well. You say he has no chance to do it here because he has not proven it here but in his history it has proven that he can go that far.
I didn't say he had no chance, only that he hadn't done it and hadn't come close.

sure, every coach gets beat but our guy got his arse handed to him with the 2nd and 3rd best teams he's had in a 17 year career.

seriously, why is the procreant crown obsessed with one-off results? oh ya, it makes it all work for their guy.

YES -- everyone gets beat early in the tourney sometimes...our guy gets beat early 16 of 17 years...geez louise

Early is first weekend. Maybe a little less exaggerating?

not for his position, salary, and the talent coaching at IU has allowed him to get but I could have rephrased: hasn't gone deep in 16 of 17 years
So you would think he should be fired if in the next 5 years he wins 3 more conference championships and goes to the sweet 16 every year but never gets to the final four. Would you have fired Bo Ryan with his record before his last two years because he always finished in the top 4 of the conference but never made it to the final four.

So you would think he should be fired if in the next 5 years he wins 3 more conference championships and goes to the sweet 16 every year but never gets to the final four. Would you have fired Bo Ryan with his record before his last two years because he always finished in the top 4 of the conference but never made it to the final four.
Crean is not going anywhere scott. He brought us back from the brink

^^^^^^^^THIS
Shouldn't people hold the greats to a higher standard than the other coaches out there where they shouldn't lose as a real high seed. Since he has been at IU Crean has not lost to a lower seed in the first round. He lost to two 1 seeds and a 4 seed and also lost to a 7 seed while he was a 10 seed.

Will he miss the NIT one year after finishing niinth, lose in the first round after finishing 7th...and have multiple arrests/citations/drug suspensions/mass transfers? If so then yes

Shouldn't people hold the greats to a higher standard than the other coaches out there where they shouldn't lose as a real high seed. Since he has been at IU Crean has not lost to a lower seed in the first round. He lost to two 1 seeds and a 4 seed and also lost to a 7 seed while he was a 10 seed.
Or should we expect our coach to lead his teams to better seeds?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT