ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Offer by IU...

Said it before, will say it again...if IU signs Suggs, they won't get Langford. I'm alright with signing a good-shooting backup if it paves the way for landing Langford, even if it comes at the expense of Suggs.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Said it before, will say it again...if IU signs Suggs, they won't get Langford. I'm alright with signing a good-shooting backup if it paves the way for landing Langford, even if it comes at the expense of Suggs.
Scruggs is a probable 3-4 year guy and Romeo is a one and done. Also in this offense they both would play at the same time..

Why the assumption Romeo leaves after a year? The assumption was that he was going to go to private school in Louisville. The assumption was wrong. The assumption has been that he's going to wind up in a prep school somewhere out east. The assumption is wrong. Not saying that he can't go to the pros after a season in college, but there's been zero said by anybody associated with him that those are his intentions.

And I'm not saying that he and Suggs couldn't physically line up on the court together in a Tom Crean offense. I'm saying that I don't think Langford would want to line up with Suggs on the same team. Suggs talked trash to Langford, threw elbows at Langford, was pretty disrespectful. That's fine, it provoked a response that make Langford treat Suggs like a jayvee player in a scrimmage, just annihilating him. As much as you can ever read anything into Langford's expressions, it just didn't seem like he was a big fan of Suggs. Again, nothing more than gut feelings, I just don't get the impression that Langford would want to play with Suggs.

Nah, I've come to accept the fact we'll never see the Elite 8 again because too many "fans" are thrilled just for making the Dance.
Nam one person that is happy with just making the tournament. Just because people doesn't spend every waking hour complaining and ripping the coach does not mean they are content with just making the tournament.

there goes smitty again with his noob "how many stars does he have" takes. Rankings dont mean anything until they actually update them....wait for it....after AAU season where they see a lot of people play for the first time. At least half of these kids arent seen until aau season after junior year, which we not even halfway through yet. And rankings arent updated until end of summer usually. 0 stars on this site simply means the national scouts havent seen him play. Maybe take a look at who is recruiting him for an up to date measurement on his game.

And for lots of kids, their ranking goes up just because a high major is after the kid, whether he deserves it or not.

And it's not just because the kid is a zero star, it's because he's a guard. We don't need guards, we need big kids.

there goes smitty again with his noob "how many stars does he have" takes. Rankings dont mean anything until they actually update them....wait for it....after AAU season where they see a lot of people play for the first time. At least half of these kids arent seen until aau season after junior year, which we not even halfway through yet. And rankings arent updated until end of summer usually. 0 stars on this site simply means the national scouts havent seen him play. Maybe take a look at who is recruiting him for an up to date measurement on his game.
Is he better than Scruggs is the question. We already have one guard committed in Durham. We most likely lead for Scruggs also. We signed Cujo,green and Gelon in 16 class. Do we need cujo, green, gelon, Durham, Scruggs, and also RoJo, newkirk, Blackmon? mcSwain? That's possibly 9 guys that play the 1-3

Reactions: ChampsAgain
And for lots of kids, their ranking goes up just because a high major is after the kid, whether he deserves it or not.

And it's not just because the kid is a zero star, it's because he's a guard. We don't need guards, we need big kids.

David Williams went from a zero star unranked to #107 just because he made a verbal commitment to IU

Guess you didn't read the comments here every time we got our butt kicked in the Sweet 16.
Show some links...no one posted they were satisfied or accepting of just getting into tournament ...or even a sweet sixteen...it was made up by some of you... therefore a myth

Reactions: schmib
last i checked... the fans do not play the games. the dumbest comment ever!!

So what?

Crean chases a bunch of zero/3 stars so he can prove how "smart" he is and his apologists give him a free pass for it.

We have zero rides open for '17, we already have a 3 star guard, the '17 class is absolutely loaded and we have a ton of top kids seriously considering us.

And Crean is still going after zero/3 star guards.

It's a joke.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Show some links...no one posted they were satisfied or accepting of just getting into tournament ...or even a sweet sixteen...it was made up by some of you... therefore a myth

Sorry, didn't save them. All we got was excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse and anyone that called for Crean's head was called a "non-fan."

Sorry, didn't save them. All we got was excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse and anyone that called for Crean's head was called a "non-fan."
Because any one "calling for Creans head" after winning the Big Ten is beyond me. I'm no Crean apologist. If you Want to talk body of work, I'm inclined to agree with you. But he at the very least deserves to coach next year.

Reactions: schmib
Because any one "calling for Creans head" after winning the Big Ten is beyond me. I'm no Crean apologist. If you Want to talk body of work, I'm inclined to agree with you. But he at the very least deserves to coach next year.
I agree with this.

But I would also caution not to expect a lot - despite what we have coming back. Past history doesn't bode well for Crean.

Don't have to save "them" ...they are saved now...just search for "them". But there aren't any...simply a myth

BTW...click on magnifying glass search icon above type in "non fan". You will see 200 results but none of them had "Non Fan" as a combination except for your posts and now this one...

Last edited:

Before this year when people brought up our dismal Dance record, apologists said, "Hey, at least we made the Sweet 16 a couple years ago."

it's called logic.

a few fans more than happy with coach
said coach can't get past sweet 16 even with wildly talented teams
a few fans happy with sweet 16s

there you go

it's called logic.

a few fans more than happy with coach
said coach can't get past sweet 16 even with wildly talented teams
a few fans happy with sweet 16s

there you go
When have we had widely talented team. 2013 was a very good team but I wouldn't say they were widely talented except for two players.

Weren't they ranked #1 for a good portion of the season? Minimizing their talent following a disappointing loss seems to be an exercise in rationalization.
To me wildly talented means having talent like UK or Duke of the world with a lot of McDonalds All Americans. yes we were ranked #1 and I thought we were one of the top 5 or 6 teams that year but by no means thought we were a clear cut best team.

And that is all it was..... a disappointing loss
Then why minimize IUs talent after it occurred? It's rationalizing the failure to achieve at a high level, correct? It was done after the big ten tournament losses and other ncaa losses, too.

To me wildly talented means having talent like UK or Duke of the world with a lot of McDonalds All Americans. yes we were ranked #1 and I thought we were one of the top 5 or 6 teams that year but by no means thought we were a clear cut best team.
So you didn't think they deserved the #1 ranking and top seed in th region?

So you didn't think they deserved the #1 ranking and top seed in th region?
I did not think we should have been ranked #1 to start the season and thought the only reason we were was how e played the previous season against UK in the tournament. If we had lost in the second round to VCU then I would say we would have not been ranked #1 to start that season. I thought we deserved to a 1 seed but I also thought Syracuse was better than a 4 seed and was only a 4 seed because of a bad two week stretch.

IU offered zero star 2017 guard Andrew Platek.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/190956

Interesting because we already have Durham committed and we are really good shape with Scruggs. The kid seems to be having a good AAU year with UNC offering but just make you wonder a little the limited scholarships we have in 17
In CTC we trust! He knows how to find the diamonds in the ruff.

Your example is just that one example...jurkin, April, Priller, all had offer list similar. Point in this is that we already have one combo guard committed and we are doing really well with Scruggs. So on the surface this looks like an odd offer at this time in the process
The jury is still out oa Priller. He could surprise alot of people this year.

Then why minimize IUs talent after it occurred? It's rationalizing the failure to achieve at a high level, correct? It was done after the big ten tournament losses and other ncaa losses, too.
I am not subscribing to either side of your notion...but if you are claiming rationalization is occurring then the same can be said for those who say CTC cannot get past the sweet 16...

I am not subscribing to either side of your notion...but if you are claiming rationalization is occurring then the same can be said for those who say CTC cannot get past the sweet 16...
Crean hasn't been able to get any further and hasn't even come close. How is anyone rationalizing that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT