ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Offer by IU...

IU offered zero star 2017 guard Andrew Platek.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/190956

Interesting because we already have Durham committed and we are really good shape with Scruggs. The kid seems to be having a good AAU year with UNC offering but just make you wonder a little the limited scholarships we have in 17
He had a big spring and will likely be ranked in the next listing

IU offered zero star 2017 guard Andrew Platek.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/190956

Interesting because we already have Durham committed and we are really good shape with Scruggs. The kid seems to be having a good AAU year with UNC offering but just make you wonder a little the limited scholarships we have in 17

This is why I have zero faith in Crean.

The '17 class is completely loaded and we actually have a ton of great kids that have serious interest in us.

We also have zero open rides after a low 3 star took the only spot.

Yes, some spots will probably open up with players leaving, which means you need to be careful with who you offer.

Yet Crean is offering even MORE zero/three stars instead of saving them for the studs.

Reactions: JCHoosier

The '17 class is completely loaded and we actually have a ton of great kids that have serious interest in us.

Yes, some spots will probably open up with players leaving, which means you need to be careful with who you offer.

Yet Crean is offering even MORE zero/three stars instead of saving them for the studs.
Silly rabbit...We have 12 other scholarships to offer for 2017.

Champsagain IU will have one of the most talented rosters in the Big Ten next year probably top 2 and probably top ten to fifteen nationally zero faith? and Curtis Jones is every bit the guard that scruggs is and a better attitude bsmitty

Reactions: ORG
Champsagain IU will have one of the most talented rosters in the Big Ten next year probably top 2 and probably top ten to fifteen nationally zero faith? and Curtis Jones is every bit the guard that scruggs is and a better attitude bsmitty
Not sure I agree with you. Scruggs is ultra competitive so call it a bad attitude if you want but he is the "type" of attitude we need. Jones I watched a few times on ESPN and I didn't love his game. Scruggs and Wilkes should be the two priorities in the 17 class

he he is used to being a big fish in a small pond hopefully he can be a little fish in a big pond I hope you're right that he is ultra competitive and not another kid with a bad attitude. But there has been enough situations to be concerned

That's dumb...Scruggs is a guy we have been on since 8th grade and is an elite talent. You don't fill the boat up this early.

Poor attitude is like cancer on a team. Unless his attitude has improve, I would say look elsewhere. I suspect Louisville may be cooling on him as well. I am only relying on my gut with that prediction.

Poor attitude is like cancer on a team. Unless his attitude has improve, I would say look elsewhere. I suspect Louisville may be cooling on him as well. I am only relying on my gut with that prediction.
Why do you say that he has a poor attitude? Please tell me it's not because Niego says so

Reactions: IU40IU
I saw him on tv 3 or 4 times and it did appear that he had a little bit of an attitude problem.
If trash talking is an attitude problem I guess it's a good thing that Larry Bird transferred

I won't even get into the fact that you decided this because of 3-4 games that you watched on TV, good grief

If we are to trust TC, why would he make such an attitude problem one of his top priority recruits?

Reactions: bsmitty08
If trash talking is an attitude problem I guess it's a good thing that Larry Bird transferred

I won't even get into the fact that you decided this because of 3-4 games that you watched on TV, good grief

If we are to trust TC, why would he make such an attitude problem one of his top priority recruits?
It wasn't just trash talking

Where did I ever say that we shouldn't go after him. Just stating it appears that he does have a little bit of an attitude problem.
Why would you of all people, with your lofty moral code, want attitude problems on the team, sigh

Why do you say that he has a poor attitude? Please tell me it's not because Niego says so

I seen his poor attitude first hand during semi state. He was in Romeo's face multiple times running his mouth. At least once he had to be pulled back off Romeo. Romeo did not even respond to him. Lol Pinto seen his attitude and that is why I think that they migh cool as well. Or it could be that he allowed a player to drop 46 ponts on him is another reason why they might cool as well. Lol

Last time I checked having an attitude problem is not against the law. If it is bad enough to hurt the teams chemistry then I would not want him but it doesn't appear it hurts his team.
if the attitude is so minor that it has no impact why would you feel the need to bring it up? Especially when in the context of the conversation it was being used as a reason to not want him on the team?

You piled on

I wouldn't say he has an attitude problem. This type of attitude can easily be fixed if deemed an issue.

It could be fixed bsmitty but does have some issues not totally against bringing him here. Rather take a chance on a indiana kid with some issues that a kid from somewhere else.

It could be fixed bsmitty but does have some issues not totally against bringing him here. Rather take a chance on a indiana kid with some issues that a kid from somewhere else.
We need to get him committed or we will most likely be facing him in East Lansing

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
You dont boycott something that is irrevalant or no one pays any attention too

Hey - Crean is in tight with the HS coaches in the state, right? This has to be a diversion tactic to make others think we're not interested in the in-state studs, then CTC is gonna swoop in at the last minute and grab them all up . . .

Reactions: tommy0393
You dont boycott something that is irrevalant or no one pays any attention too
You seem to pay a great deal of attention to me

This is where you make up some silly "fact" to bolster your claim...ill help 90% of this country agrees with you lmao

What about after next year when 2 or three great players leave early and the people taking their spots are 0/3 star guards?

I see we are up against our usual recruiting competitors here.

UNC and Wisconsin are after this kid. He's obviously not a typical zero star. Nor will he be a zero star for long.

OG was recruited by Drake, Murray State and SIU-Edwardsville among others. My guess is you're not bothered with him being at IU.

UNC and Wisconsin are after this kid. He's obviously not a typical zero star. Nor will he be a zero star for long.

OG was recruited by Drake, Murray State and SIU-Edwardsville among others. My guess is you're not bothered with him being at IU.
Your "among others" included Iowa,UGa, Ole Miss, KSU...I like what you did there

Your "among others" included Iowa,UGa, Ole Miss, KSU...I like what you did there

One can be selective in many ways! My point is... The list of schools recruiting Platek isn't all that different as the schools that recruited OG. With the exception that IU was the most prestigious basketball program that offered OG (your list of programs don't really compare to IU), but Platek already has an offer from UNC.

One can be selective in many ways! My point is... The list of schools recruiting Platek isn't all that different as the schools that recruited OG. With the exception that IU was the most prestigious basketball program that offered OG (your list of programs don't really compare to IU), but Platek already has an offer from UNC.
I'm not talking Platek down, earlier in this thread I was the one who pointed out he had a big spring and will be ranked

I found your list humorous in its omissions, nothing bad towards you or Platek

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT