ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting lawsuit against the NFL, accusing racism and other things

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
filed by Brian Flores, ex-Dolphins coach

Alleges that he had a "sham" interview with the Giants, who needed to check a box by interviewing a black guy, after they had already decided to hire a white guy. Flores found out when (3 days before his interview) Bill Belichick sent him a text congratulating Flores on getting the Giants job, then later apologizing and admitting that he meant to congratulate a different former assistant, Brian Daboll. Flores alleges another sham interview with the Broncos.

What's strange is some seemingly unrelated serious charges against the Dolphins, who he says ordered him to tank games (with a 100K reward for every game LOST) and to illegally contact a quarterback then under contract to another team after the 2019 season. Presumably, then free agent Tom Brady...

FKigLi9XsAcxEZk

The NFL fired back, saying it's without merit.

Full suit here:

Flores just committed career suicide.
He committed career suicide the minute it leaked how terrible he treated Tagovailoa. No team with a QB needing new leadership would look at Flores. So he played the hand he was dealt and there’s always that magical card to play if you have nothing else…

edit: and the big name QB wasn’t Brady it was Watson.

Edit2: the bears just hired a black GM who then hired a white coach. Is this racism? I defer to the experts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
He committed career suicide the minute it leaked how terrible he treated Tagovailoa. No team with a QB needing new leadership would look at Flores. So he played the hand he was dealt and there’s always that magical card to play if you have nothing else…
Shoot, Parcells treated all his quarterbacks the way Flores did Tua.

edit: and the big name QB wasn’t Brady it was Watson.
No, this was 2 years ago, before Watson had his legal issues. Ian Rapoport and others report it to be Brady.

Will be interesting to see if the proposed cash reward to tank for Burrow has some evidentiary support.

Last edited:
Makes sense that he refused to take a meeting with Brady, especially since he’s from the Belichek coaching tree.

It looks like his feelings of loyalty may have changed towards Bill by exposing the texts. He’s most likely finished in the NFL, so the NFL will settle to make this go away.

Not a great day for Bill. I don’t much about the legal side, but if this goes to trial discovery could be interesting. I’m guessing both sides will look to settle.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
No, this was 2 years ago, before Watson had his legal issues. Ian Rapoport and others report it to be Brady.

Will be interesting to see if the proposed cash reward to tank for Burrow has some evidentiary support.
That’s good info. The show I was watching seemed sure it was Watson but Brady makes more sense.

I have little (see none) sympathy for a guy who recklessly compares the NFL to a plantation a la Kaepernick. The average non-tenured practice squad player makes 10x the mean salary of an American. I’m so tired of Big Racism.

Was going to start my own thread on this topic...I was watching the Auburn-Alabama game last night (cha ching), dozed off and woke up too typical espn sh!t which is why I hate the channel. Louis Riddick is just going off about this whole thing, black man this and black man that and the disrespect and the sham of it all. WTF. F*ck you Louis and F*ck you Flores. As far as tanking games please see (Suck for Luck)

Its kinda like the Biden supreme court pick promising to nominate a black woman. How about just nominate the best qualified candidate? Maybe black people care? IDK does it really matter? OR lets get an lgtbq??? This is a serious problem IMO. I really don't care about race, gender, gay whatever. If the candidate is qualified to do the job hire them.

I'm all about Eric Bieniemy, but there is a reason he isn't getting hired and its not coz he's black.

These guys that get NFL coaching gigs have a serious plan and lay it out professionally and impressively to these owners and GM's. If not, gtfo and next up. Even if the front office has a person in mind you better go into the room with a killer presentation and get them thinking about you. I highly doubt there is a race issue regarding these hirings. Its about making a solid presentation and killing it at the moment and the follow up interviews.

For these guys to be going off about this screw you! You wanna get paid 7 million to 10 million plus a year and handle a team and all its make up you better have a damn good plan and a set. Otherwise beat it. The race card is bullsh!t.

Reactions: hatchetdad
Makes sense that he refused to take a meeting with Brady, especially since he’s from the Belichek coaching tree.

It looks like his feelings of loyalty may have changed towards Bill by exposing the texts. He’s most likely finished in the NFL, so the NFL will settle to make this go away.

Not a great day for Bill. I don’t much about the legal side, but if this goes to trial discovery could be interesting. I’m guessing both sides will look to settle.
Oh, he’s finished in the NFL, without a doubt.

But he’s gonna make 10 times more money from this than he would in a lifetime of coaching. The NFL will pay any amount to make this go away. It’s just a matter of how much Flores will squeeze them.

Was going to start my own thread on this topic...I was watching the Auburn-Alabama game last night (cha ching), dozed off and woke up too typical espn sh!t which is why I hate the channel. Louis Riddick is just going off about this whole thing, black man this and black man that and the disrespect and the sham of it all. WTF. F*ck you Louis and F*ck you Flores. As far as tanking games please see (Suck for Luck)

Its kinda like the Biden supreme court pick promising to nominate a black woman. How about just nominate the best qualified candidate? Maybe black people care? IDK does it really matter? OR lets get an lgtbq??? This is a serious problem IMO. I really don't care about race, gender, gay whatever. If the candidate is qualified to do the job hire them.

I'm all about Eric Bieniemy, but there is a reason he isn't getting hired and its not coz he's black.

These guys that get NFL coaching gigs have a serious plan and lay it out professionally and impressively to these owners and GM's. If not, gtfo and next up. Even if the front office has a person in mind you better go into the room with a killer presentation and get them thinking about you. I highly doubt there is a race issue regarding these hirings. Its about making a solid presentation and killing it at the moment and the follow up interviews.

For these guys to be going off about this screw you! You wanna get paid 7 million to 10 million plus a year and handle a team and all its make up you better have a damn good plan and a set. Otherwise beat it. The race card is bullsh!t.
The Colts didn’t intentionally lose games to get Luck. They lost their hall of fame quarterback to a neck injury. That’s quite a bit different than what’s been alleged here.

Also, Bienemy ran an offense that managed 3 points in the 2nd half and overtime of the AFC championship with Mahomes at quarterback and Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce at receiver. It’s not shocking that teams aren’t lining up to interview him.

The Colts didn’t intentionally lose games to get Luck. They lost their hall of fame quarterback to a neck injury. That’s quite a bit different than what’s been alleged here.

Also, Bienemy ran an offense that managed 3 points in the 2nd half and overtime of the AFC championship with Mahomes at quarterback and Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce at receiver. It’s not shocking that teams aren’t lining up to interview him.
Stick to Hoops doc...lol

Reactions: outside shooter
It looks like his feelings of loyalty may have changed towards Bill by exposing the texts.
BB didn't do anything wrong, other than apparently accidentally picking "Brian F" instead of "Brian D" from the contact list on his jitterbug phone (or maybe a Giants contact had told him "we're hiring Brian" and he misunderstood it). Embarassing? Maybe. Damaging? Not really.

BB didn't do anything wrong, other than apparently accidentally picking "Brian F" instead of "Brian D" from the contact list on his jitterbug phone (or maybe a Giants contact had told him "we're hiring Brian" and he misunderstood it). Embarassing? Maybe. Damaging? Not really.
I’m sure the NFL is delighted that their flagship coach may have kicked the door open on a material settlement and PR nightmare because he doesn’t know how to work a cell phone.

Depends on how you define “wrong.” It’s certainly dumb. If you don’t mind being called a dumbass in your legacy then not really damaging, I agree.

Of all the things Flores has to support his claims, Bills texts appear to #1.

I’m sure the NFL is delighted that their flagship coach may have kicked the door open on a material settlement and PR nightmare because he doesn’t know how to work a cell phone.

Depends on how you define “wrong.” It’s certainly dumb. If you don’t mind being called a dumbass in your legacy then not really damaging, I agree.

Of all the things Flores has to support his claims, Bills texts appear to #1.
I'll respect BB more if he did it on purpose.

I'll respect BB more if he did it on purpose.
I love this conspiracy theory. Certainly possible, but since when would he voluntarily put himself in the middle of a situation like this? You can barely get him to do a press conference

I love this conspiracy theory. Certainly possible, but since when would he voluntarily put himself in the middle of a situation like this? You can barely get him to do a press conference
Maybe he secretly hates the Giants (damn you Eli Manning!!) or wants to get back at the NFL for Spygate.

Alleges that he had a "sham" interview with the Giants, who needed to check a box by interviewing a black guy, after they had already decided to hire a white guy. Flores found out when (3 days before his interview) Bill Belichick sent him a text congratulating Flores on getting the Giants job, then later apologizing and admitting that he meant to congratulate a different former assistant, Brian Daboll. Flores alleges another sham interview with the Broncos.

What's strange is some seemingly unrelated serious charges against the Dolphins, who he says ordered him to tank games (with a 100K reward for every game LOST) and to illegally contact a quarterback then under contract to another team after the 2019 season. Presumably, then free agent Tom Brady...

FKigLi9XsAcxEZk

Full suit here:

ESPN on in the background and not a damn thing in the past two hours about either the Super Bowl or Tom Brady. All Brian Flores, all the time. OUTRAGE, OUTRAGE, OUTRAGE . . . .

At least the Bengals will get some play here shortly. Marvin Lewis coming on . . . . to talk about Brian Flores and the NFL.

I really don't care about race, gender, gay whatever. If the candidate is qualified to do the job hire them.

Amen.

Reactions: Indianaftw
ESPN on in the background and not a damn thing in the past two hours about either the Super Bowl or Tom Brady. All Brian Flores, all the time. OUTRAGE, OUTRAGE, OUTRAGE . . . .

At least the Bengals will get some play here shortly. Marvin Lewis coming on . . . . to talk about Brian Flores and the NFL.
ESPN turned itself into a political wasteland years ago. The ONLY reason I ever watch is for games alone.

That’s not a rebuttal.

People love to say “oh, the colts intentionally tanked for Luck!”, but then can never point to a single thing they did towards that end.

Maybe you can?
yeah, the colts were almost dumb enough to win their last game that year with Painter. I was on the edge of my seat yelling "What are you DOING"

Reactions: UncleMark
That’s not a rebuttal.

People love to say “oh, the colts intentionally tanked for Luck!”, but then can never point to a single thing they did towards that end.

Maybe you can?
Its not worth the debate but here.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/philb/1/01/01/suck-for-luck-yes-or-no/2532549/

My original point was this Flores sh!t is just that, sh!t. He and anyone else getting on board just looks stupid times 10. Now espn is AGAIN driving a racist narrative and dividing people which is all they have done the past few years. Tired of the constant BS coming out of their corner. They've had more black journalists spouting racist sh!t than I could have ever dreamed of.

Its not worth the debate but here.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/philb/1/01/01/suck-for-luck-yes-or-no/2532549/

My original point was this Flores sh!t is just that, sh!t. He and anyone else getting on board just looks stupid times 10. Now espn is AGAIN driving a racist narrative and dividing people which is all they have done the past few years. Tired of the constant BS coming out of their corner. They've had more black journalists spouting racist sh!t than I could have ever dreamed of.
???

Uh, that’s a newspaper columnist debating the pros and cons of tanking. That has nothing to do with whether the Colts tanked or not. I’m not sure why you posted that?

And you’re right-it’s really not worth debating. There’s never been a single shred of evidence that they purposely tanked and there’s a mountain of evidence that they didn’t.

Did players they put on the field try their best? Of course they did.

Did coaches try to get them to be successful? Sure they did. But each of those is a limited view of the concept of tanking.

The Colts were pretty open about working the roster in ways other than a focus on winning now. Call it "playing for the future" if you like, but it also is tanking, when done to an extreme. When you are at the top of the waiver wire all season long, with plenty of cap space, and almost NEVER put in a claim for anybody (even former players at positions of need), it is pretty clear to everyone what's up. Fans cheered them for it. Bought T-shirts and bumper stickers. Suck for Luck was a thing, and it was real. It is silly to think otherwise.

???

Uh, that’s a newspaper columnist debating the pros and cons of tanking. That has nothing to do with whether the Colts tanked or not. I’m not sure why you posted that?

And you’re right-it’s really not worth debating. There’s never been a single shred of evidence that they purposely tanked and there’s a mountain of evidence that they didn’t.
Read the beginning of the article

While I don't care for the notion a team would purposely lose -- the Colts have had a chance to win in the fourth quarter the last four times out.

It matters not the topic is about a black coach who "thinks" he was a victim of racism on several occasions. The muther trucker makes millions and he's a victim. He can go f*ck himself and so can espn for pushing their racist narrative.

Read the beginning of the article

While I don't care for the notion a team would purposely lose -- the Colts have had a chance to win in the fourth quarter the last four times out.

It matters not the topic is about a black coach who "thinks" he was a victim of racism on several occasions. The muther trucker makes millions and he's a victim. He can go f*ck himself and so can espn for pushing their racist narrative.
??? That doesn’t change things at all. Teams blow fourth quarter leads all the time for all kinds of reasons.

How does that equate to “they definitely tanked”?

Did players they put on the field try their best? Of course they did.

Did coaches try to get them to be successful? Sure they did. But each of those is a limited view of the concept of tanking.

The Colts were pretty open about working the roster in ways other than a focus on winning now. Call it "playing for the future" if you like, but it also is tanking, when done to an extreme. When you are at the top of the waiver wire all season long, with plenty of cap space, and almost NEVER put in a claim for anybody (even former players at positions of need), it is pretty clear to everyone what's up. Fans cheered them for it. Bought T-shirts and bumper stickers. Suck for Luck was a thing, and it was real. It is silly to think otherwise.
1. Waiver order is determined by the previous seasons record for most of the year. The colts were 10-6 in 2010 so they wouldn’t have been anywhere near the top.
2. They didn’t have plenty of cap space as they still had Manning’s enormous contract.
3. They did sign players, like signing Kerry Collins to play quarterback after it became clear that Curtis Painter wasn’t cutting it. Collins played ok and then got hurt.
4. I’m not sure what “open about working the roster” means. Maybe you can explain?
5. Everyone involved with that disaster was fired the day after the season ended. That’s not the work of an organization that had planned this all along.

Look, I get that you guys really hate the Colts and want this to be true, but it’s not. It’s a ridiculous fantasy.

Last edited:

FKigLi9XsAcxEZk

Full suit here:

LOL, Flores is a total loser at this point.

Waiver order is determined by the previous seasons record for most of the year.
Nope. Maybe you shouldn't talk about football when it's clear that you don't even know the rules.

Only for the first 3 weeks. 3 out of 17 weeks (and now, 18 weeks) is not "most of the year".

After Week 3 of the regular season, waiver-wire priority matches the current NFL standings. So teams with the worst record will have the highest priority.

Last edited:
Nope. Maybe you shouldn't talk about football when it's clear that you don't even know the rules.

Only for the first 3 weeks. 3 out of 17 weeks (and now, 18 weeks) is not "most of the year".

After Week 3 of the regular season, waiver-wire priority matches the current NFL standings. So teams with the worst record will have the highest priority.

Lol. Ok, I was wrong about that but it’s not all season long either, like you were claiming.

And you didn’t refute anything else I said.

Maybe you shouldn’t talk about football?

The NFL is a Super successful, super popular, super powerful monopoly run by old white men. The cover up of the perpetual sexual assault machine in Washington Commodores set the NFL up for a legal attack. Now the NFL is moving into gambling any systemic racism is gonna cost a pretty penny. Probably gonna move to corporate ownership sooner or later.

The NFL is a Super successful, super popular, super powerful monopoly run by old white men. The cover up of the perpetual sexual assault machine in Washington Commodores set the NFL up for a legal attack. Now the NFL is moving into gambling any systemic racism is gonna cost a pretty penny. Probably gonna move to corporate ownership sooner or later.
The nfl cares about the almighty dollar. The idea that any owner would refuse to hire the best possible candidate because that candidate happened to have brown skin is absolutely f*****g insane.

Really, it is. They only care about making money. That’s what enabled them to become nfl owners in the first place.

The nfl cares about the almighty dollar. The idea that any owner would refuse to hire the best possible candidate because that candidate happened to have brown skin is absolutely f*****g insane.

Really, it is. They only care about making money. That’s what enabled them to become nfl owners in the first place.

I hope all of the white men are banished from ownership or viewership. For research purposes.

Did Flores tell the Giants at any time before or during the interview "Look guys, Bill Belichick already told me you guys had made a decision"?

Or did he maybe tell the Bronco's "I know you guys are looking to hire a coach with ties to Aaron Rogers - I don't have that - you sure you want to talk?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT