ADVERTISEMENT

The other clown show (besides Wednesday's debate)

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
That's the "Impeachment Inquiry" for anyone that didn't know...

I saw a lot of online comments about the Poroshenko interview yesterday, and the general consensous seemed to be that people were looking forward to the MAGA cohort making idiots out of themselves...

Seems like they aren't disappointing, based on what's happened so far...

For example Ways/Means Chairman Jason Smith ( who I didn't know previously, but has exposed himself as another moron) gave a press briefing yesterday as a run up to today's festivities. Apparently the two pieces of evidence he chose to display were an email and a WhatsAp message, which he claimed somehow implicated J Biden. Only problem was that both of these documents were dated 2017, when Joe Biden was noy in Govt. When an NBC reporter pointed out the faulty timeline, Smith was confused and mumbled something about not being an expert on the timeline. When the reporter persisted and asked Smith how documents from 2017 were relevant, Smith got snippy and said something to the effect of "you'll never believe us"...He looked like an idiot, especially since those were the documents he presented...

Then this morning in his opening remarks Jamie Raskin pointed out the hypocrisy, and the fact that they don't even have a crime to accuse Biden of. Raskin also moved that both Rudy and Lev Parnas be called to testify, and Comer was furious. They got Gym Jordan (of all people) to move to table the motion, because they were afraid of having an on the record vote. Clearly they had no desire to try and explain why in a case which hinges on claims of "bribery" involving Ukraine they would refuse to hear testimony from the two people actually involved in investigating those claims...

I expected Parnas's name to be brought up, but initially I was confused why Jamie would include Rudy. But he's actually pretty brilliant. He knows that Lev is eager to testify and some of his testimony will be damning for both Trump and Rudy. Putting Rudy on the record to try and disavow what Lev will testify to, puts Rudy in a very precarious legal position akin to a perjury trap. Keep in mind that in the last day or so H Biden has filed a civil lawsuit accusing Rudy (and others) of hacking and manipulating his data...

Now Meidas Touch has provided an excellent update on this development for anyone that has the time/inclination to check it out. What I find noteworthy about this latest development is that it comes after Biden's legal team has already deposed Mac Issac in relation to the lawsuit they previously filed against him. So it seems evident that the details involved in this new suit came from things discovered in that deposition

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT