ADVERTISEMENT

Indystar Rips Woodson

Having read that, I will say that Woodson almost always says ".... and that's on me" when he points out something the players failed to do. I don't know if he didn't say that today or Doyle just didn't mention it or feels it's not genuine but I disagree that Woodson never takes responsibility for the team's performance.

Also RMK would routinely call out players who didn't perform. He did it with Alford, for sure. It was a motivating tactic. "I thought Alford was horrendous. We got absolutely nothing out of him from the standpoint of leadership. It's his responsibility to get people ready to play a ball game. He's had two great games and apparently that's what he was interested in this week."

Reactions: ribbont
Woodson doesn’t see it that way, of course. He sees this whole thing — all the negative attention, the complaints on social media, the booing from fans — as the media’s fault. Here’s another thing he said Friday:
“We haven't had a full team since November,” he’d said, “and nobody has even printed that. It's like: ‘Go win anyway.’”

Great coaches don't make excuses....

I don’t think a 65 year old former nba coach needs his daughter calling reasonably outraged fans names. Fact is, family members of players and coaches need to stfu on social media.
i think his whole
If he can't take the pressure resign he gets paid over 4 million dollars a year there's alot of guys who get paid alot less and can do the job better.

Scott Drew 3.7
Matt Painter 3.5
Jamie Dixion 3.5
Nate Oats 3.2
Chris Beard 3.2
Dusty May 1.2
Stunning we paid him what we did when nobody else wanted him. Minnesota hired a former player and paid him 1 million. If Woodson really wanted the job as they claim his salary should be half what it is.

Y
If he can't take the pressure resign he gets paid over 4 million dollars a year there's alot of guys who get paid alot less and can do the job better.

Scott Drew 3.7
Matt Painter 3.5
Jamie Dixion 3.5
Nate Oats 3.2
Chris Beard 3.2
Dusty May 1.2
ourcoaching list sucks

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Thanks, but the link is so covered with adds I can’t read the content
Well, basically Doyle just says Woodson takes credit for the good stuff and blames the players for the bad stuff. I disagree with him, I think Woodson says "that's on me" or "I gotta get them to do better" all the time, almost to the point that it seems like a perfunctory comment, which is maybe what bothers Doyle about it.

Some of Doyle’s complaints are not what I would have expected. The credit/blame thing is hard to follow and not really important.

I’d rather someone at The Star lay out all the money we spend on bball + the goals when Woody was hired for year 3 and the gap to where we actually are in year 3 (the gap is the Grand Canyon). Maybe interview Dolson, Pam and Quinn or someone for comment.

Having read that, I will say that Woodson almost always says ".... and that's on me" when he points out something the players failed to do. I don't know if he didn't say that today or Doyle just didn't mention it or feels it's not genuine but I disagree that Woodson never takes responsibility for the team's performance.

Also RMK would routinely call out players who didn't perform. He did it with Alford, for sure. It was a motivating tactic. "I thought Alford was horrendous. We got absolutely nothing out of him from the standpoint of leadership. It's his responsibility to get people ready to play a ball game. He's had two great games and apparently that's what he was interested in this week."
Woodson's assistant coaches are failing us too. I hope he's on their asses.

After the obvious questions about Woodson's post-gane explanations and deflections, I wonder if we have heard the truth about Fife's departure.

Doyle is a clickbait whore.
I am awful at grammar, but I post on rivals. How are you a writer and actually publish this:
“Gallo is down from last year,” Woodson volunteered Friday, when asked about the prehistoric offense — IU is 355th of 351 teams nationally in 3-point attempts, and no, that’s not a typo — the Hoosiers play. “Gallo shot it I thought extremely well for us last year. He's not shooting it that well this year.”

Yes, it is a typo you moron.

Woodson's assistant coaches are failing us too. I hope he's on their asses.

After the obvious questions about Woodson's post-gane explanations and deflections, I wonder if we have heard the truth about Fife's departure.

At this point, who cares?
Dane is gone for whatever reason and as far as I know, no one picked him up.

Reactions: nichlee
I am awful at grammar, but I post on rivals. How are you a writer and actually publish this:
“Gallo is down from last year,” Woodson volunteered Friday, when asked about the prehistoric offense — IU is 355th of 351 teams nationally in 3-point attempts, and no, that’s not a typo — the Hoosiers play. “Gallo shot it I thought extremely well for us last year. He's not shooting it that well this year.”

Yes, it is a typo you moron.

Did you read the whole article Cav?
He explains later why that seems wrong. There are, IIRC, 12 teams currently moving up to D1.

Did you read the whole article Cav?
He explains later why that seems wrong. There are, IIRC, 12 teams currently moving up to D1.
Ya, posted before I kept reading. lol. But he is still an idiot for writing that much about the stat, and trying not to count the new 10 teams. Not needed at all to prove his point, 355 out of 361 screams god awful on its own.

Doyle will come unglued following next week game at Purdue if that game goes as is being projected in other threads. It's one thing to lose to a B10 team. It's another to get swept by a rival.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Ya, posted before I kept reading. lol. But he is still an idiot for writing that much about the stat, and trying not to count the new 10 teams. Not needed at all to prove his point, 355 out of 361 screams god awful on its own.
Doyel was here in Charlotte before Indy. He has always gone overboard to make an inane point. I think he secretly wants to be a late night host or stand up comic. I actually think he's a pretty good writer, but he'd be better if he'd not work so hard to try and make his little jokes and stay focused on his story.

Reactions: Cavanagh
i think his whole

Stunning we paid him what we did when nobody else wanted him. Minnesota hired a former player and paid him 1 million. If Woodson really wanted the job as they claim his salary should be half what it is.
I think the IU world deserves to know if Woody is a client of Quinn’s wealth management firm. Does anybody know? I truly hope that is not part of their 40-year, golf-buddy friendship.

I can’t imagine the chairman of the BOT can get away with that… but it would at least help explain this bizarre situation.

I think the IU world deserves to know if Woody is a client of Quinn’s wealth management firm. Does anybody know? I truly hope that is not part of their 40-year, golf-buddy friendship.

I can’t imagine the chairman of the BOT can get away with that… but it would at least help explain this bizarre situation.
I’d love someone to do some digging around the whole hiring process. Some FOIAs. See what emails come up, etc. I don’t think Dolson wanted Woody (he added Matta to try stomach it). Still Dolson’s fault it’s just an observation. Scott wanted Brad, and if not Brad, someone with college experience. Woody is the exact opposite of Brad.

Can someone at the Star get off their butts and interview Dolson? We never hear anything from the guy who supposedly leads IU athletics. Ask him some hard questions. How about interview Quinn? He’s the effin Chairman of the BoT. These are all public employees that should have to talk. I really don’t need Doyel getting upset about Woody taking credit or defecting in pressers. Who cares. Start talking to the decision makers responsible for IU being ranked #100.

Last edited:
Wow, is that a verbatim quote? If so, that’s the nail in the coffin as far as I’m concerned. If Dolson doesn’t pull the trigger after this season, he’s a coward.
I don’t see what’s wrong with that quote. It’s true. It doesn’t excuse some. Of our awful performances, but you can’t deny that.

Doyle will come unglued following next week game at Purdue if that game goes as is being projected in other threads. It's one thing to lose to a B10 team. It's another to get swept by a rival.
We swept them last year… I don’t think it’s as embarrassing to get swept by the Number 1, 2 team in the country as it is to get blown out at home by Penn State

I’d love someone to do some digging around the whole hiring process. Some FOIAs. See what emails come up, etc. I don’t think Dolson wanted Quinn (he added Matta to try stomach it). Still Dolson’s fault it’s just an observation. Scott wanted Brad, and if not Brad, someone with college experience. Woody is the exact opposite of Brad.

Can someone at the Star get off their butts and interview Dolson? We never hear anything from the guy who supposedly leads IU athletics. Ask him some hard questions. How about interview Quinn? He’s the effin Chairman of the BoT. These are all public employees that should have to talk. I really don’t need Doyel getting upset about Woody taking credit or defecting in pressers. Who cares. Start talking to the decision makers responsible for IU being ranked #100.
No one at the Star is going to dig into that level of investigation. IU and IU hoops are still king by a long shot and some rocks don’t get turned.

Reactions: stollcpa
Woodson doesn’t see it that way, of course. He sees this whole thing — all the negative attention, the complaints on social media, the booing from fans — as the media’s fault. Here’s another thing he said Friday:
“We haven't had a full team since November,” he’d said, “and nobody has even printed that. It's like: ‘Go win anyway.’”

Great coaches don't make excuses....
No one can objectively deny that injuries have hurt this team badly…especially last season. We see the other issues with this roster of course but injuries have affected his record no doubt

No one at the Star is going to dig into that level of investigation. IU and IU hoops are still king by a long shot and some rocks don’t get turned.
I think they’re just lazy. No way The Star is worried about writing negative things about IU (Doyel did), especially when IU looks awful all by themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT