ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's, Miami, Nebraska

shooter1977

Junior
Nov 13, 2002
Three years, three end of season losses by: 29, 26, 27 points. What is the thought process in giving Woodson a 4th bite of the apple?

Even if you've never coached or played basketball, it has to be obvious by now that Woodson can't coach. And he's not exactly a great rep for the University either.

Three years, three end of season losses by: 29, 26, 27 points. What is the thought process in giving Woodson a 4th bite of the apple?

Even if you've never coached or played basketball, it has to be obvious by now that Woodson can't coach. And he's not exactly a great rep for the University either.
N E P O T I S M... And a program that doesent G A F F about aspiring to be what it once was. Mesh those two together with other things and here we are.

The university has seemed to gravitate toward building the rest of the athletic department, without regard to losing ground in men's basketball. Miles Brand would be smiling down.

Ugh, here we go again. There are fake fans and true fans, you're obviously as fake as they come. What do you want from this team? To at least be on the bubble? Some just aren't ever happy. 😕

And it’s not like it was three basketball powers who shellacked us.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
They clearly don't know basketball if they keep throwing millions at woodson.

It's just a bunch of people stuck in the 70's/80's who think that their control of the program will take us back 50 years to the glory days. Whether Dolson is part of that crowd willingly, who knows? But it's not about winning. It's about being in charge.

I’d guess the Simons support Woody vs they blocked his firing (that would odd behavior).

I don’t think Woody was close to getting fired.
I believe it’s more they support Buckner. Buckner has conned them into thinking Woody is legit. Newsflash: he’s not.

IU is just a AA team of the Indiana Pacers to them. Give them a good NIL deal and maybe they'll play for a small market team

It's just a bunch of people stuck in the 70's/80's who think that their control of the program will take us back 50 years to the glory days. Whether Dolson is part of that crowd willingly, who knows? But it's not about winning. It's about being in charge.
As you realize and know, money talks bullshit walks.

Easy answer. Low bar. Consider the 6 seasons prior to that were worse simply because the losses ended every year to a big ten team in the BTT. There was no tourney. One outlier that made this season all the more worse is the losses were very lopsided and a trend is emerging under Woody that this is becoming more and more common. Would have to study it, but I wonder the last season where the number of losses we had were by dou8ble digits. This season, 9 of our 14 losses were by double digits. Of the other 5, 2 were by 9 and one was by 8. Of the 9 double digit losses, 5 were by 20+. In short, this team sucked ass.

It's comical that some believed we were a tourney worthy team. The Net ranking and all the preseason concerns were real. The issues in preseason persisted all year. We never could shoot. Our perimeter defense never improved. All early season predictions for this season were spot on including the rankings. And in about 7 months, we will begin to get lathered up and have delusions of a great season and will be right back here again in 12 months calling for a coaching change.

It's sobering reading all the posts of what this program has become over the past 30 years. We had a run in 2002. We had a great season with Sampson in 2007/2008 that imploded. We had three good seasons with Crean in 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2015/2016. So, 5 good seasons out of 30. That's who we are. This is reality.

I believe it was @Seyton who posted several stats of the past 30 years. This was likely one of them. Since Knight left the program, we have had 24 seasons. Of those 24, we have had a winning record in league play 10 of them. The other 14 were .500 or less. Let that stink settle in. Forget winning big ten titles. Hell, we just want to have a winning flipping record. The trend would say it's getting worse, not better. In the last 10 seasons, we have had 2 seasons with a winning record in league play. That is bottom of the barrel folks. We have become and are a relic of a program who lives off seasons of old and a loyal fan base. Our results are total shit.

Last edited:

You need to work on being a true fan..

I’d guess the Simons support Woody vs they blocked his firing (that would odd behavior).

I don’t think Woody was close to getting fired.
Not this yr..But it's out there now..Over half the fan base is done with him.
He'd better perform next yr...Or I do believe he'll be fired..

There was talk in here of the Simons and the Hall Renovation.

Let’s de-renovate the hall and put the old hanging scoreboard of the 70’s era back up.

Go back to the 70’s uniforms.

The old tubular framed support for the backboard and goal.

Maybe we can get the Ref’s to call the game like they did in the 70’s.

Heck… let’s even pull out the 3 point line and take the shot clock away.

Can you all tell I’m reminising and yurning for the old days when basketball used to be fun to watch.

It would have been cool if we incorporated the old half arch tubular supports in a modern basketball support design. That would be a nice touch.
That would be cool. All or most of one of those frames is displayed on the concourse after being rescued from years on the old golf course.

Reactions: Tscurlo
That would be cool. All or most of one of those frames is displayed on the concourse after being rescued from years on the old golf course.
Yeah. I and surely many others thought about driving up in a truck and taking them in the night. It was sad seeing those things rust away out there. Glad they wised up and kept them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT