ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana vs Purdue break it down..

Have you seen Taylor lately? I'm not saying he will guard Thomas but damn he got buff! He's 6'9" and quite athletic. Some are calling him a poor man's Jajuan Johnson. That's yet to be seen though.
I'm sure he will be the next Dale Davis.

Anyone who came away from that game thinking Bryant did a good job defending Stone knows absolutely nothing about basketball. It was a fast paced game. When Stone actually received the ball in the post in half court, Bryant didn't slow him down any. That's not saying Bryant is no good. Stone is a stud. I will guarantee you that Taylor is just as good DEFENSIVELY as Bryant. Taylor is taller, bulkier, and more athletic. He also has a year of college under his belt practicing against two of the best centers in the conference. The best thing our bigs have going for them is that they face easier opposition during games than during practice. Bryant will not change that. As told to you several times, Hammons was able to get much better players than Bryant (Zeller and Vonleh) in foul trouble. Bryant will be no different. I really think you need to temper your expectations of Bryant. That's on you, though. It's going to be a fun year!
Hilarious how Bryant isn't "no good", but Stone is a stud. In their only match-up Bryan went for 19pts, 6reb, 2 blk, 1 stl and Stone went for 11 pts, 3 reb... OK. But I'm sure Bryant will be decent, but he is no Diamond Stone! Nothing is certain, but they hypocrisy of a majority of these PUke posts is hilarious.

Reactions: SNU0821
Silly IU fans and their lack of basketball knowledge. You really shouldn't make statements that are easy to prove wrong with a simple google search.

Now there is one of the "reasonable" posts you pound your chest about.

Have enjoyed this absolutely mind numbing discussion. Now some player named Taylor that no one has ever heard of is going to own IU should he ever be called on.

PU has a chance to be a good team for a season and all the wannabes scramble over to actually talk hoops with IU fans after years of mindless bitter flaming.

Gotta love fans.

Have enjoyed this absolutely mind numbing discussion. Now some player named Taylor that no one has ever heard of is going to own IU should he ever be called on.

PU has a chance to be a good team for a season and all the wannabes scramble over to actually talk hoops with IU fans after years of mindless bitter flaming.

Gotta love fans.
I never said Taylor would own anyone. I said he won't play against IU and if he does, it means we are up big.

Poking fun at Snu and his homerism and lack of basketball knowledge was probably something I should have refrained from. But I am in the road and I get bored riding from town to town and found it to be a way of passing time.

IU should be good, no doubt. But to be as good defensively as he predicts by adding a legit big has never been done before and highly unlikely. I wanted to point that out to him but he doesn't get it. In his mind, If he believes something or reads it somewhere, it has to be true.

Carry on. I will stop poking your idiots.

Gotta love fans.
Re: Taylor. When last year's class was pulled together, Taylor, Mathias, Haas, Edwards, and Scott, Taylor was considered to be the best athlete, and maybe the best basketball player of the group. He was hurt his senior year in High school and didn't make all the AAU tournaments to get the ranking. I am not sure, but I think the same or similar injury dogged him last year, hence the red shirt.

I have seen this sort of thing before, and I know there is doubt he will ever be healthy enough to catch up with his class and be a contributor. However, I am not ready to write him off yet. He could very well step in next year and replace AJ or Swanigan, and be very effective. Some of the guys think he will get minutes this year. Maybe, in mop up situations only, IMHO.

:cool:

Re: Taylor. When last year's class was pulled together, Taylor, Mathias, Haas, Edwards, and Scott, Taylor was considered to be the best athlete, and maybe the best basketball player of the group. He was hurt his senior year in High school and didn't make all the AAU tournaments to get the ranking. I am not sure, but I think the same or similar injury dogged him last year, hence the red shirt.

I have seen this sort of thing before, and I know there is doubt he will ever be healthy enough to catch up with his class and be a contributor. However, I am not ready to write him off yet. He could very well step in next year and replace AJ or Swanigan, and be very effective. Some of the guys think he will get minutes this year. Maybe, in mop up situations only, IMHO.

:cool:
He will be good next year. Way too deep this year at his position to expect many minutes IMO. I do like Taylor however and can see him being a good player for Purdue.

He will be good next year. Way too deep this year at his position to expect many minutes IMO. I do like Taylor however and can see him being a good player for Purdue.
Yup. We'll categorize him just like Lawson. After all, we heard all about how good he was and how much of an athletic freak he was. He panned out well. I'm sure Taylor will be just as good if you guys are lucky. I don't know how you guys pulled him away from all those other big schools recruiting him.

Yup. We'll categorize him just like Lawson. After all, we heard all about how good he was and how much of an athletic freak he was. He panned out well. I'm sure Taylor will be just as good if you guys are lucky. I don't know how you guys pulled him away from all those other big schools recruiting him.
Says the guy wearing a "The Movement" t-shirt.

Says the guy wearing a "The Movement" t-shirt.
Can you tell us more about how everyone on Purdue is going to get better next year and nobody on any other team will? Only way you get to 15-3. LOL. 15-3? You're delusional and what's worse is you actually believe the crap you post.

Can you tell us more about how everyone on Purdue is going to get better next year and nobody on any other team will? Only way you get to 15-3. LOL. 15-3? You're delusional and what's worse is you actually believe the crap you post.
Sure I'll walk you through if you can explain to me how adding Bryant is going to make your team better defenders. I'll be waiting.

Sure I'll walk you through if you can explain to me how adding Bryant is going to make your team better defenders. I'll be waiting.
That's an easy one. Our center was 6'6 last year. If you can't understand how adding Bryant might help our defense, I won't waste any more time trying to educate you because you clearly don't understand the game.

That's an easy one. Our center was 6'6 last year. If you can't understand how adding Bryant might help our defense, I won't waste any more time trying to educate you because you clearly don't understand the game.
Really? So Bryant walking onto campus is going to make these defenders understand simple defensive rotations? You may want to focus on the two guys you claim were good defenders two seasons ago. You know, Yogi and Williams.

Really? So Bryant walking onto campus is going to make these defenders understand simple defensive rotations? You may want to focus on the two guys you claim were good defenders two seasons ago. You know, Yogi and Williams.
I can pick out a clip for every team in the country and show you were their defense broke down. You didn't prove anything here other than your utter stupidity in that you don't think our defense will be better or how adding a big man changes things. Congrats?

I can pick out a clip for every team in the country and show you were their defense broke down. You didn't prove anything here other than your utter stupidity in that you don't think our defense will be better or how adding a big man changes things. Congrats?
But you still haven't explained how he makes your guys better defenders. It's okay if you can't. We all know it already.
Plus I love watching that clip.

But you still haven't explained how he makes your guys better defenders. It's okay if you can't. We all know it already.
Plus I love watching that clip.
DaBull literally spelled everything out about as clearly as anyone could and you still don't get it.

You act as if every Purdue player is going to improve to get to 15-3, yet our players can't? I wonder how that's possible.

DaBull literally spelled everything out about as clearly as anyone could and you still don't get it.

You act as if every Purdue player is going to improve to get to 15-3, yet our players can't? I wonder how that's possible.
That's what I thought. You can't explain it. Go copy and paste if you have to.

IU will have Bryant and Max to defend the paint, we will be better on the interior but only if our ball pressure on the perimeter gets better.

Here's another one. Explain to me how Bryant is gonna help this mess. The first clip shows Hartman leaving his man and guarding Perea. He last one shows four guys surrounding the forward at the free throw line nowhere near Herrel who was eating you alive as Rozier drains one if his 5 threes. How exactly does Bryant cure the lack of defensive understanding your team has? Use your big boy words.

That's what I thought. You can't explain it. Go copy and paste if you have to.
Not worth my time. You don't understand it anyway. He had two or three posts explaining it. You couldn't grasp it. No need to go further with it if it's pointless which it clearly is. But don't worry, every one of Purdue players are going to be better. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 1st and 2nd All B10 teams made up of only Purdue players based on how you're talking. LOL.

Here's another one. Explain to me how Bryant is gonna help this mess. The first clip shows Hartman leaving his man and guarding Perea. He last one shows four guys surrounding the forward at the free throw line nowhere near Herrel who was eating you alive as Rozier drains one if his 5 threes. How exactly does Bryant cure the lack of defensive understanding your team has? Use your big boy words.
You know what? I think you're right. We're not going to change anything next year. I think nobody in the B10 is going to try and change any of the aspects they were bad at last year. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crean leave Bryant on the bench and keep playing Hartman at the center.

I know, right? Lol. Pete honestly thinks Purdue is going to go 15-3 in the B10. Talk about delusional.
They will be good and will have one of the best front courts in the country but guard play will keep them from deep tourney run. I cold see them in top 3 of BIG because they do play defense. If we play defense we could be a top 3 team as well.

Reactions: SNU0821
You know what? I think you're right. We're not going to change anything next year. I think nobody in the B10 is going to try and change any of the aspects they were bad at last year. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crean leave Bryant on the bench and keep playing Hartman at the center.
Same ole Snu. Can't explain simple defensive basketball. I am already in record as saying he should help your defense. But if you are relying on him to protect the rim because your guys can't execute simple help defensive rules, then your savior is gonna spend a ton of time on the bench as an observer.

You never let me down. I ask simple questions and you build straw men. Just use one sentence if need be. Bryant's precense will allow __ to __...

That Louisville clip is embarrassing. Why on earth would four guys surround a player at the free throw line and leave both Harrell and Rozier open when those were the two guys killing you all game ? How will that lack of basketball IQ change?

They will be good and will have one of the best front courts in the country but guard play will keep them from deep tourney run. I cold see them in top 3 of BIG because they do play defense. If we play defense we could be a top 3 team as well.
Completely agree with all of that but there isn't a shot in hell Purdue finishes 15-3. I think four losses wins the B10 outright and it sure as shit ain't gonna be Purdue.

Completely agree with all of that but there isn't a shot in hell Purdue finishes 15-3. I think four losses wins the B10 outright and it sure as shit ain't gonna be Purdue.
If they had their schedule from last year they might. Lol

Another+obligatory+cow+gif+_1e399abee1c2af8b8de68f02ec7437b5.gif

and *crickets*.

Perhaps Jeff Goodman will write an article explaining it because you obviously don't have any basketball knowledge of your own.

The funniest thing about seeing this clip is knowing that 99% of PU grads go on and on about how octeus schooled Colin Hartman on this play. Or that it was due to a missed "rotation" that allowed it.

The funniest thing about seeing this clip is knowing that 99% of PU grads go on and on about how octeus schooled Colin Hartman on this play. Or that it was due to a missed "rotation" that allowed it.
Nobody said a missed rotation. There were four guys standing there not knowing what to do. Hartman at least played defense on the play. How does a zone let a guy just run up the lane from behind the three point line unless there are a few missed rotations? From the angle under the basket you see all five guys standing within a couple feet of the play just looking lost. Well Harrman looks more hurt then anything, but you get the gist.

I guess ESPN thinks IU will be much better than Purdue because they have IU ranked #14 in their rankings updated on 8/5/15 and they don't have Purdue ranked at all.. Also Lunardi just updated his bracket and has IU a 3 seed and he has Purdue a 8 seed.

I guess ESPN thinks IU will be much better than Purdue because they have IU ranked #14 in their rankings updated on 8/5/15 and they don't have Purdue ranked at all.. Also Lunardi just updated his bracket and has IU a 3 seed and he has Purdue a 8 seed.
I just posted the bracketology link. I thought it was interesting as well. Based on a few Purdue posters here, you'd think Purdue should be slated for a 1 seed. Lol.

I just posted the bracketology link. I thought it was interesting as well. Based on a few Purdue posters here, you'd think Purdue should be slated for a 1 seed. Lol.
I actually think that is high for us and to low for Purdue this is how I project the top 5 in the conference this year.
1) MSU
2) Maryland
3) Purdue
4) Wisconsin
5) IU

I then see us getting around a 6 seed in the tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT