ADVERTISEMENT

Braden Smith lane comments...

I don’t think refs are ever going to call Edny for illegal screens. He fakes refs out because he hangs his arms straight down inside his shoulders but if you look at his feet they’re far outside his shoulders. Then he keeps shuffling around until he knocks the guy off balance that’s guarding Smith. Then it’s all over.
I've said for awhile now that I think B10 refs got together and decided how they'd call Edey's play. I see no other explanation for why at least some officials wouldn't call fouls on him. The biggest, most physical guy on the floor gets 1 foul in 34 minutes? C'mon man! If I was CMP I'd be imploring him to be more physical, but I think Matt is just fine with where he's gotten the refs to call Edey's game.

He could foul out of every game just on moving screens, over the backs and displacing defenders while getting position. I do think he's very good at not fouling on D and often doesn't leave his feet, but it's those other areas where he's allowed to do what would be a foul on any other player. Basically they've decided not to "punish" him with foul calls because he's so big and strong. Why they don't call it when he repositions himself into the defender on a screen is beyond me. I've never seen in the rules where it says exceptions should be made for extremely large, strong individuals, but it must be in this revision of the B10 rules.

I've said for awhile now that I think B10 refs got together and decided how they'd call Edey's play. I see no other explanation for why at least some officials wouldn't call fouls on him. The biggest, most physical guy on the floor gets 1 foul in 34 minutes? C'mon man! If I was CMP I'd be imploring him to be more physical, but I think Matt is just fine with where he's gotten the refs to call Edey's game.

He could foul out of every game just on moving screens, over the backs and displacing defenders while getting position. I do think he's very good at not fouling on D and often doesn't leave his feet, but it's those other areas where he's allowed to do what would be a foul on any other player. Basically they've decided not to "punish" him with foul calls because he's so big and strong. Why they don't call it when he repositions himself into the defender on a screen is beyond me. I've never seen in the rules where it says exceptions should be made for extremely large, strong individuals, but it must be in this revision of the B10 rules.
Just like Brian Sloan fouled out every game since he always leaned in and knocked players off their balance on every screen he ever set. It all depends on who's ox is being gored, when its your guy its just good gamesmanship, when its against you he's a dirty cheater.

Reactions: Bill4411

He gets star treatment. It’s not his size, it’s that he’s an AA.

How often did TJD foul out?

Just like Brian Sloan fouled out every game since he always leaned in and knocked players off their balance on every screen he ever set. It all depends on who's ox is being gored, when its your guy its just good gamesmanship, when its against you he's a dirty cheater.
Brian Sloan? Really? You're going to go back 35 years to a guy who was never anything more than a role player and averaged about 10mpg over his career, when I'm talking about the current NPOY? I don't ever recall any controversy about fouls on Brian Sloan, because he was a physical player and physical player's pick up fouls... or used to!

And, what Sloan was known for, was screening and that's where his fouls would've been called or in question. I'm talking about screening, over the backs and backing defenders down on post position with his elbows at defender's heads. Lastly, Sloan probably averaged just under half the minutes that Edey does, so in essence, you're making my argument for me: Edey is a physical player who is physical in a variety of ways, plays 32+ mpg and yet somehow manages to average about 2 fpg? Doesn't add up, and it won't when they get to the tournament. Just prepare yourself for the outrage from PU fans when a non-B10 ref has the audacity to call 2-3 early fouls on him for moving screens, OTB, etc...

Reactions: 76-1
lol you are amazingly adorable. 25th new handle to sob after me?

How long did you search to find out of context comments from before this season.

Rent free baby

Last edited:
Sloan was not a “dirty cheater” he was a role player that tended to role into screens and could have been called for some of them

Knight taught rolling or shaping screens. Someday I will explain to you what that means.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT