ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana @ Purdue Predictions

I want IU to win but, our fans are not giving enough credit to Purdue here. Much like our loss to Maryland in which IU should have won, they have two games they let slip away as a favorite. Rutgers and Nebraska. So, hypothetically Purdue could be 7-4 while IU could be 6-5. Don't hate the messenger here but I'm going with my head and not my heart.

Purdue 23 IU 17

Reactions: Summy1
I want IU to win but, our fans are not giving enough credit to Purdue here. Much like our loss to Maryland in which IU should have won, they have two games they let slip away as a favorite. Rutgers and Nebraska. So, hypothetically Purdue could be 7-4 while IU could be 6-5. Don't hate the messenger here but I'm going with my head and not my heart.

Purdue 23 IU 17
Obvious troll is obvious. You can’t give credit to Purdue for blowing leads, and then turn that into a negative when Indiana does the same thing. You also didn’t include the overtime loss to Michigan or blowing a lead late in the fourth quarter at Michigan State. What was your previous username?

I will say this season is, and will be, going forward, in the garbage. I can't see any scenario of being an at large tourney qualifier. We would need a miracle in the conference tourney. That would be the only long shot of a chance to salvage the season.

Counting chickens before hatched here I see. Let's not overlook Rutgers and Purdue first.

Didn't see this thread until a few minutes ago, so I'm late to the party so to speak. However, it's a bit disappointing that I had a thread in the hoops forum a week ago about our AD should be replaced. And for unknown reasons, it got deleted. On top of that, I'm fairly sure a few fragile egos that couldn't handle some local criticism of IU sports in general, must have reported it and got me banned. One guy even thought I was a ghost account, which it wasn't. I've seen others use profanity, name calling, and flat out verbal abuse and are still around. Mine had none of that. In case anybody saw the thread, it was titled "The best thing about yesterday".

Obviously you can't read or generalize on something you have terrible guesswork at. My timeline means nada. Let's just say I had to "rejoin" if that helps your astute comprehending skills from my previous post above. I am for IU. That doesn't mean I can't vent about our teams and call out the responsible people and parties within. Enjoy your day, but I assure you, you are wrong on your lazy assumptions.

It's because we have a not so good AD, who only hires coordinators as head coaches around here. And winning doesn't seem to matter too much for reasons unknown.

Purdue 23 IU 17
This is an IU board, with IU fans making picks on what is essentially a pick 'em game. It's not surprising to see a bunch of IU picks here.

P.S. Good for you for going with your head, but I'm not understanding your analysis. Yeah, both teams missed some opportunities during the season but hypotheticals don't matter much now. They're both 5-6 and in desperate need of a W. Should be a pretty good game. Happy Thanksgiving.

Reactions: 76-1 and RBB89

Purdue 23 IU 17
Have no issue with anyone picking PU, this game appears to be a tossup and they are at home. That said, you are clearly a PU troll with all 12 of your messages. LOL

INDIANA 37
p. u. 0 as in Zero

Our Defense makes a statement and Debord gives his grandkids ;) an early Christmas gift: ;):D A photo with "Grandpa" holding the Bucket and the scoreboard as a backdrop.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Nieman and ESalum86
Obvious troll is obvious. You can’t give credit to Purdue for blowing leads, and then turn that into a negative when Indiana does the same thing. You also didn’t include the overtime loss to Michigan or blowing a lead late in the fourth quarter at Michigan State. What was your previous username?
Looks like I have to lump you in with some others in here who can't read and comprehend. I never said anything about blowing leads. I merely stated lost games as a favorite for both teams. Do you understand that? Do you know the difference? The question you have doesn't really matter but it's the same name just spelled differently. And no I am not a troll. Some of you wanna be big shots in here just can't accept someone with a differing opinion. If you don't agree with me that's fine. I don't question or start crap with others like you seem to do a lot. I'm mostly a reader and don't post much because of classless people like you who aren't reasonable and aren't worth my time. This is a predictions thread for the game and I participated like everyone else that did.

This is an IU board, with IU fans making picks on what is essentially a pick 'em game. It's not surprising to see a bunch of IU picks here.

P.S. Good for you for going with your head, but I'm not understanding your analysis. Yeah, both teams missed some opportunities during the season but hypotheticals don't matter much now. They're both 5-6 and in desperate need of a W. Should be a pretty good game. Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks, but I think I can read it's an IU board and all. Read my above retort to RBB if it helps you any. Yes, it should be a good game. I could be wrong on my prediction.

P.S. I am a Hoosier fan.

I am not your “pal”, and you are most certainly not an IU fan, unless you are the most unknowledgeable one of all time.
Ok fine. We are not pals. It was a figure of speech anyway. Get bent for all I care. But you, like some others have no clue and just throwing out assumptions about myself is just plain weak. You have no basis or facts for what you say about me other than following a few others in this forum who have no thinking skills or open mindedness. You are the sheep of a clouded fanbase who only stick to you narrow point of views and your ignorance is showing.

Ok fine. We are not pals. It was a figure of speech anyway. Get bent for all I care. But you, like some others have no clue and just throwing out assumptions about myself is just plain weak. You have no basis or facts for what you say about me other than following a few others in this forum who have no thinking skills or open mindedness. You are the sheep of a clouded fanbase who only stick to you narrow point of views and your ignorance is showing.
LOL, when you make comments like “we have an AD that only hires coordinators, and we don’t care about winning”, who is the “clouded” one with the narrow point of view ? Those comments are the truly ignorant ones.

IU fans on an IU board think their team will win a rivalry game where the line is basically a pick em and are excited about accomplishing things that rarely, if ever happen here? HOW SHOCKING!

Go away troll.

IU fans on an IU board think their team will win a rivalry game where the line is basically a pick em and are excited about accomplishing things that rarely, if ever happen here? HOW SHOCKING!

Go away troll.
Would you consider going away? You add nothing of value to this board. We know you're an IU shill but you know nothing.

Wow...happy thanksgiving to all.
You should reserve your condemnation for RBB and others (check the mirror) whose sole purpose here is to insult and chase away anyone who doesn't conform to their views and opinions. So please save your phony indignation and insincerity. No one is fooled.

Reactions: tkejones
Indiana: 38
Purdue: 17

Indiana too physical for a scheme dependent Purdue team. Late turnovers by Purdue make the score look worse than the reality.

Hmmm . . . just starting to think about this one . . .

PU has made 8 picks for the year, one for a TD . . . IU has given up 12 interceptions, 7 by Lagow in 235 attempts . . . most of which were early in the season . . . IU apparently has taken just 5 picks from its opponents . . . PU has given away 10 picks, 6 by Sindelar in 247 attempts . . . so statistically PU is more likely to take a pick than IU and IU is just as likely to give one away . . . that seems to weigh a bit in PU's favor, IMO . . . .

. . . so I'm thinking that this game might be won/lost between the QBs' ears . . . the QB who can read the other team's schemes most effectively will lead his team to a win. Lagow's not been that bad this season, but tends to give up at least one pick each game . . . and I think he has to be better than that to win this one . . . plus we can afford no Lagow fumbles getting hit in the pocket or trying to escape the PU rush . . . so whether IU will win seems to depend an awful lot on how IU's OL and Lagow handle the PU pass rush. If that goes IU's way I like IU's chances.

IU 26
PU 24

Close dogfight, hen Oakes wins in at the end to cap great career and IU goes bowling.

You should reserve your condemnation for RBB and others (check the mirror) whose sole purpose here is to insult and chase away anyone who doesn't conform to their views and opinions. So please save your phony indignation and insincerity. No one is fooled.

Yes I am enjoying my Thanksgiving...thanks for asking.

I have no idea which IU team or Purdue team will suit up tomorrow. I remember IU traveling to WL for Anthony Thompson's last game with a 5-6 team. The Hoosiers needed a big game to go to a bowl and for AT to win the Heisman,

Neither happened.

I have no idea which IU team or Purdue team will suit up tomorrow. I remember IU traveling to WL for Anthony Thompson's last game with a 5-6 team. The Hoosiers needed a big game to go to a bowl and for AT to win the Heisman,

Neither happened.
Believe that game was in Btown. AT was on Spec Teams also ..he just ran out of gas

Neither happened.
That team was 5-5.

It's impossible to overstate the importance of this game for IU. There's so much riding on it:
1) bowl eligibility and a chance for the first winning season since 2007
2) third straight bowl season
3) fifth straight Bucket win
4) three consecutive conference wins for the first time since 1993
5) concluding a season with three consecutive wins for the first time since 1946
6) a successful conclusion to Tom Allen's first season as HC
7) a great send-off for our best defensive unit in decades
8) recruiting momentum

Some may deride this as cliched cheerleading, but this team has battled through some serious adversity this season. IU played its most difficult schedule in recent memory, and had the tough luck of drawing Wisconsin from the West, arguably the best team in the conference this season. We had an insane number of injuries, with several key players going down including some for the season. We lost a desperately needed October bye week as a result of the need to schedule Charleston Southern due to the cancelled FIU game earlier in the season. We experienced gut-wrenching losses to Michigan and MSU. Just a few weeks ago, we were sitting at 3-6/0-6, and the team could've rolled over at that point. Instead, we've played some of our best football in the last two games, and are in a position to conclude the regular season on a high note and with a long list of accomplishments. Gotta win tomorrow. Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT