ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana @ Purdue Predictions

You should reserve your condemnation for RBB and others (check the mirror) whose sole purpose here is to insult and chase away anyone who doesn't conform to their views and opinions. So please save your phony indignation and insincerity. No one is fooled.

RBB and I disagree on a number of things, but he has contributed far more to this board than all of your seven different screen names have combined Ordy.

LOL, when you make comments like “we have an AD that only hires coordinators, and we don’t care about winning”, who is the “clouded” one with the narrow point of view ? Those comments are the truly ignorant ones.
Am I not correct in his hires in football as head coach? Or do you know something that contradicts this? Our AD, handing over the keys to our current coach, immediately, without pausing or waiting to think things over at the end of the season to see "who's out there", reeks of not caring about winning in my book. And the possible recruits see this as well. Our AD at least put forth a solid effort for hiring in hoops with head coach experience. But not in football. Which was what I didn't go into detail about on the other thread, but at least now you know.

IU fans on an IU board think their team will win a rivalry game where the line is basically a pick em and are excited about accomplishing things that rarely, if ever happen here? HOW SHOCKING!

Go away troll.
Are you going to pick IU to beat Duke? If you don't I am going to call you out.

Am I not correct in his hires in football as head coach? Or do you know something that contradicts this? Our AD, handing over the keys to our current coach, immediately, without pausing or waiting to think things over at the end of the season to see "who's out there", reeks of not caring about winning in my book. And the possible recruits see this as well. Our AD at least put forth a solid effort for hiring in hoops with head coach experience. But not in football. Which was what I didn't go into detail about on the other thread, but at least now you know.
You don’t try and raise $55 mil for a stadium renovation less than 10 years after the last one if you don’t care. There’s much better ways of being cheap. You are seriously like talking to a wall. We’ve been to 3 consecutive bowls once. Ever. Complaining about that is dumb. You can want to strive for the 8-9 win range long term while at the same time enjoying things that rarely happen here. I happen to enjoy meaningful games in late November.

Oh and yes recruiting is just awful with those long lists of power 5 offers! Recruits see what a tire fire this is!!!

wi09b6.jpg

You don’t try and raise $55 mil for a stadium renovation less than 10 years after the last one if you don’t care. There’s much better ways of being cheap. You are seriously like talking to a wall. We’ve been to 3 consecutive bowls once. Ever. Complaining about that is dumb. You can want to strive for the 8-9 win range long term while at the same time enjoying things that rarely happen here. I happen to enjoy meaningful games in late November.

Oh and yes recruiting is just awful with those long lists of power 5 offers! Recruits see what a tire fire this is!!!

wi09b6.jpg
You don't seem to get it, which isn't surprising. Renovating the stadium doesn't equate wanting to win. Prematurely handing someone a head coaching job uncontested is a big red flag. Not just to me, but others as well. How can you not see this? You also are taking my words out of context, to support your nonsense, instead of to the original poster for which my response was intended for.

Now, let's get back to the reasoning of my reply to the original topic, which was answering why IU was having trouble recruiting top QB's. A top notch QB with possible pro aspirations will more than likely not want to go to a school with little to no winning type of reputation. On top of that, they would likely not go to a school with a head coach with little, to no experience as head coach. Not to mention being a defensive minded coach to possibly stunt a players growth. This is how players evaluate their choices. It's not even up for debate whether you agree or not it's just the way it is.

It's great that we could possibly make a 3rd straight bowl. However, making a bowl is so watered down. Six wins should not make a bowl game in my opinion. It's all a money grab. I remember during 11 game seasons 6-5 was not even good enough to go bowling. It happened to IU at least once or twice in my lifetime. I think at least one of those seasons was when Cameron was coaching. And please don't put words in my mouth. I never said our recruiting was awful. I was just answering someone's question. I don't pay much attention to recruiting. Those rankings mean very little and are skewed with missing info that I could bore you to death with but I won't bother at this time.

t's great that we could possibly make a 3rd straight bowl. However, making a bowl is so watered down. Six wins should not make a bowl game in my opinion. It's all a money grab. I remember during 11 game seasons 6-5 was not even good enough to go bowling. It happened to IU at least once or twice in my lifetime. I think at least one of those seasons was when Cameron was coaching. And please don't put words in my mouth. I never said our recruiting was awful. I was just answering someone's question. I don't pay much attention to recruiting. Those rankings mean very little and are skewed with missing info that I could bore you to death with but I won't bother at this time.
Cameron never had a six win season. His best season was his last, at 5-6.

In the modern era (i.e. years since the time when it was the Rose Bowl or nothing), IU missed out on a bowl in 1980 at 6-5, but the team was selected for a bowl with six wins in 1986 and 1990. It missed out in 1994 with six wins. Because of an unusually large number of bowl-qualifying teams in 2007, six wins wouldn't have been good enough that year, but we won seven and went bowling.

Other than Corso's team in 1980 and Mallory's in 1994, I'm not aware of any IU team in the past 40 years that had six or more wins yet didn't go bowling.

A bowl game is much more than a "money grab." Bowl appearances and bowl streaks are important, even to elite football programs. Just ask, for example, Florida State. For a program like IU, a bowl game provides exposure as a result of a nationally televised broadcast, it keeps alumni and boosters interested and engaged with an opportunity to travel somewhere {usually an attractive destination) for a football game and partying, it helps with recruiting, it's a morale booster and shot in the arm for the team and the fan base, and it comes with 15 additional practices that provide a leg up heading into the next season.

You can't credibly pooh-pooh the significance of qualifying for a bowl.

Reactions: AckAck
To try and get this thread back on track and away from this troll...

I think we are a much better team and should win big. However..Brohm has done a terrific job with this group and has them all believing.

My heart says we Rutger them. My head says 24-13 IU. We get a late TD to seal a game that is tight from the start.

Reactions: ESalum86
IU, with clearly better talent and coaching, has won three (of four in a row) bucket games by 7, 3 and 2 points and two of those games were played at home.last two bucket games by 2 and 3 points (with one game at home). IU was very fortunate to win last year's game and probably wouldn't have without Diamont.

That being said, IU better come to play and execute in all phases or they could get beat and beat badly (17 points). It will be a close game though and the winner will not win by more than 6 points.

If IU's offensive line holds up and Lagow doesn't get frenzied, IU will come out on top - 27 - 21

IU, with clearly better talent and coaching, has won three (of four in a row) bucket games by 7, 3 and 2 points and two of those games were played at home.last two bucket games by 2 and 3 points (with one game at home). IU was very fortunate to win last year's game and probably wouldn't have without Diamont.

That being said, IU better come to play and execute in all phases or they could get beat and beat badly (17 points). It will be a close game though and the winner will not win by more than 6 points.

If IU's offensive line holds up and Lagow doesn't get frenzied, IU will come out on top - 27 - 21

I’m expecting a close game too. I think it could come down to a crucial turnover by either side. Do you remember why IU got to host the bucket two years in a row in 2013 and 2014? I feel like it’s when they made the east and west divisions but that really worked out in your guys favor having two in a row in Bloomington.

In the modern era (i.e. years since the time when it was the Rose Bowl or nothing), IU missed out on a bowl in 1980 at 6-5, but the team was selected for a bowl with six wins in 1986 and 1990. It missed out in 1994 with six wins. Because of an unusually large number of bowl-qualifying teams in 2007, six wins wouldn't have been good enough that year, but we won seven and went bowling.

Other than Corso's team in 1980 and Mallory's in 1994, I'm not aware of any IU team in the past 40 years that had six or more wins yet didn't go bowling.

A bowl game is much more than a "money grab." Bowl appearances and bowl streaks are important, even to elite football programs. Just ask, for example, Florida State. For a program like IU, a bowl game provides exposure as a result of a nationally televised broadcast, it keeps alumni and boosters interested and engaged with an opportunity to travel somewhere {usually an attractive destination) for a football game and partying, it helps with recruiting, it's a morale booster and shot in the arm for the team and the fan base, and it comes with 15 additional practices that provide a leg up heading into the next season.

Ok thanks for the clarification on the years. I was taking my best guess as I couldn't recollect exactly when. Anyway, here's another fun fact to ponder. The 2001 season when Cameron was coach is the only season in my lifetime when Purdue was not the last game of the regular season. It was Kentucky for those who didn't know. If I remember right, the Kentucky game was rescheduled due to the 9-11 event. I was at the game. I know IU won but don't remember the score.

You don't seem to get it, which isn't surprising. Renovating the stadium doesn't equate wanting to win. Prematurely handing someone a head coaching job uncontested is a big red flag. Not just to me, but others as well. How can you not see this? You also are taking my words out of context, to support your nonsense, instead of to the original poster for which my response was intended for.

Now, let's get back to the reasoning of my reply to the original topic, which was answering why IU was having trouble recruiting top QB's. A top notch QB with possible pro aspirations will more than likely not want to go to a school with little to no winning type of reputation. On top of that, they would likely not go to a school with a head coach with little, to no experience as head coach. Not to mention being a defensive minded coach to possibly stunt a players growth. This is how players evaluate their choices. It's not even up for debate whether you agree or not it's just the way it is.

It's great that we could possibly make a 3rd straight bowl. However, making a bowl is so watered down. Six wins should not make a bowl game in my opinion. It's all a money grab. I remember during 11 game seasons 6-5 was not even good enough to go bowling. It happened to IU at least once or twice in my lifetime. I think at least one of those seasons was when Cameron was coaching. And please don't put words in my mouth. I never said our recruiting was awful. I was just answering someone's question. I don't pay much attention to recruiting. Those rankings mean very little and are skewed with missing info that I could bore you to death with but I won't bother at this time.

“I’ve made up my mind and no amount of factual evidence is going to make me change it.”

Im sure this game will come down to the 4th quarter. I imagine purdues seniors want this bad as they have a chance for a bowl . Purdue wins 27- 20.

Reactions: Nieman
Point being you cannot “fairly” evaluate the hire of Tom Allen yet, what if he turns into the best coach in the history of IU football ? Did Central Florida (Scott Frost), Oklahoma (Lincoln Riley) or Georgia (Kirby Smart) make “bad” hires simply because they hired coordinators ? Methinks not. You have made your mind up about what you “think” without enough data to make a reasonable and informed decision. I can assure you that Fred Glass wants to win as much or more than you do.

Point being you cannot “fairly” evaluate the hire of Tom Allen yet, what if he turns into the best coach in the history of IU football ? Did Central Florida (Scott Frost), Oklahoma (Lincoln Riley) or Georgia (Kirby Smart) make “bad” hires simply because they hired coordinators ? Methinks not. You have made your mind up about what you “think” without enough data to make a reasonable and informed decision. I can assure you that Fred Glass wants to win as much or more than you do.
What does Fred Glass know about winning at the major college level?

Reactions: Aye U Hooz Yours

wi09b6.jpg

All I’d say is I hope for the day every game played is a meaningful game from August to January... I think that is the difference in approach and expectations.....

I still think IU can have a strong football and basketball program. We have a lot to offer...

Reactions: JohnsyRick

Yea, why in the world would a QB want to come play for an OC who coached and is praised by Tom Brady ? tic.
The failure to recruit a QB is squarely on Kevin Wilson at this point in time, you may not understand recruiting, but it is about relationships which have to be built. If 2-3 years from now we still haven’t recruited a quality QB, then it is on this staff. What I will agree with you on ,is that it is hard to recruit top flight QB’s to IU due to our lack of a winning tradition. That also is not the fault of CTA, but if they can pull one out tomorrow and go to a 3rd straight bowl , it won’t hurt.

The '94 team had interest from bowl committees, but no support from the administration to go to one. Mallory was hung out to dry by tightwad admins.

I am not evaluating Allen nor did I say anything of the like. It was the process of how and why he was selected. To just hand over the position virtually the same day as you get rid of someone is completely unheard of. It was totally negligent. To not even assign an interim tag until IU put some feelers out there to test the waters is inexcusable. An uncontested hiring of Allen with no head coaching experience is about as lazy as it gets.

Last edited:
Reactions: I loved lucys
"I'm RBB89's best butt buddy. We love all those extra empty seats and think going 6-7 is a winning season."
Extra empty seats? At MS? We aren’t adding seats. Attendance/season ticket sales have gone up the past few years.

I am not evaluating Allen nor did I say anything of the like. It was the process of how and why he was selected. To just hand over the position virtually the same day as you get rid of someone is completely unheard of. It was totally negligent. To not even assign an interim tag until IU put some feelers out there to test the waters is inexcusable. An uncontested hiring of Allen with no head coaching experience is about as lazy it gets.
You forgot to add “IMO” to your entire post. You never said anything about the “process” in the post I responded to, you said we have an AD who only hires coordinators, and doesn’t care about winning. If you haven’t made a judgement on CTA, then you shouldn’t have a problem with the hire. Guess it was ok for OU to hire Lincoln Riley right after Stoops stepped down, seems to be working out ok.

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
Extra empty seats? At MS? We aren’t adding seats. Attendance/season ticket sales have gone up the past few years.
I'm am done engaging with your constant nonsense. It must be your job to be the forum a-hole in here and stir the pot. You must be paid per post but do bad detective work. I am not going to defend my position on anything I comment on to you, because you can't comprehend anything anyway. Digging up what I have posted and then repost a handful at a time for everyone to see, and take out of context is about as low as it gets.

You forgot to add “IMO” to your entire post. You never said anything about the “process” in the post I responded to, you said we have an AD who only hires coordinators, and doesn’t care about winning. If you haven’t made a judgement on CTA, then you shouldn’t have a problem with the hire. Guess it was ok for OU to hire Lincoln Riley right after Stoops stepped down, seems to be working out ok.
What does even having to mention the process matter, if the fact hasn't changed that he has only hired coordinators? Any real AD that really wants to win would be willing to go the extra mile to see if we could get a better coach. Is it that hard to deduce?

What does even having to mention the process matter, if the fact hasn't changed that he has only hired coordinators? Any real AD that really wants to win would be willing to go the extra mile to see if we could get a better coach. Is it that hard to deduce?
You apparently cannot even follow your own argument ? And I quote, “It was the process of how and why he was selected” . The issue is there can be no legitimate judgement made yet on hiring this specific coordinator. It seems most feel our last hire (a coordinator as you have pointed out) did mostly good things for our program, it is pretty well accepted that CKW elevated IU football to respectable status.
By your analogy, hiring coordinator=not caring about winning, multiple other schools like OU must not care about winning either.

You apparently cannot even follow your own argument ? And I quote, “It was the process of how and why he was selected” . The issue is there can be no legitimate judgement made yet on hiring this specific coordinator. It seems most feel our last hire (a coordinator as you have pointed out) did mostly good things for our program, it is pretty well accepted that CKW elevated IU football to respectable status.
By your analogy, hiring coordinator=not caring about winning, multiple other schools like OU must not care about winning either.
You're unable to understand the very straightforward argument that the poster has made. As such, you need to withdraw so you don't continue to look foolish.

Reactions: Aye U Hooz Yours
It was nothing of the sort, as you well know, just as your reference to "Printer's Row" demonstrated. Your attacks say everything about you, not anyone else.
Row was a simple mistake rather than Alley. Very easy to deduce what I meant.

My response here was just as I described.

Now go answer the question in the "poster" thread.

Go reread posts #44, #50, and #64. If you still don't understand, then you should just give up. You keep asking the same things but with a twist each time that don't change anything. You are truly embarrassing.

Oh, and to answer about other schools doing the same type of hiring is like comparing apples to oranges. I don't know what the other schools' story of how or why they hired coordinators, but I'm sure they were at least groomed beforehand and not thrown into the fire to get there.

Last edited:
I want IU to win but, our fans are not giving enough credit to Purdue here. Much like our loss to Maryland in which IU should have won, they have two games they let slip away as a favorite. Rutgers and Nebraska. So, hypothetically Purdue could be 7-4 while IU could be 6-5. Don't hate the messenger here but I'm going with my head and not my heart.

Purdue 23 IU 17
Bump.

I am right again RBB89. So far, you and the other fraternity of jokes around here are sporting a whopping zero % batting average about what I have clearly told you the entire time, in each attacking post you make.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT