ADVERTISEMENT

If IU loses to PUke tonight ( fill-in-the-blank)

Jan 5, 2008
Me?

"I will be seriously depressed"

"I will probably make a let's-get-Brad-Stephens post."

"I will likely blame the refs."

"I will probably get banned for 2 weeks."

I got more, but I'm too embarrassed to write them down.

Originally posted by GardenStateHoosier:
Me?

"I will be seriously depressed"

"I will probably make a let's-get-Brad-Stephens post."

"I will likely blame the refs."

"I will probably get banned for 2 weeks."

I got more, but I'm too embarrassed to write them down.
If IU loses to PU tonight I will not be worried as it's a road game in the B10 against a middle of the pack B10 team. I had this one chalked up as a loss at the beginning of the year. We'll get them back when they come to Bloomington...

Rivalry game on the road

A win is a big boost. A loss isn't that surprising. Remember when PU was ranked #7 and we almost beat them with our team of walk-ons and players nobody else wanted? I believe the game was at Slackey Moo Dome.

This post was edited on 1/28 2:31 PM by Bo_Hunter

I will expect to see PUke fans in my area out in force in their gear and I also had this game penciled in as a loss knowing that it will just be a "wash" after PU leaves B-town with their "L."

This post was edited on 1/28 12:27 PM by TerhuneHoosierfan

1. Myself and hundreds of other IU fans will be more likely to get out of that tin can alive.
2. There may be a repeat of the last post game campus riots in W. Laffy
3. Bars and restaurants all over the state will empty out early with the bummed crowds
4. PU grads will have won THEIR national championship.

We will be 5-3

and it would be time to move on to Rutgers and if we win that one we would be 6-3 at the halfway mark of the conference and if that happens most people would be happy with that record. I hate losing to PU and will be very upset but it is not going to ruin the season.

I'll yell at and kick my dog.

just kidding, I love dogs. And I don't even have a dog. And I'll be at the Duke-ND game!!

I'll hit my Uber App, sign my tab...

and come home realizing we will be 6-3 after this weekend halfway through the Big 10 schedule with a much easier 2nd half. No matter what happens tonight....it will be fine.

I will say why did we play Stan so much, why did we play

9 guys, when will Troy stop turning the ball over, why can't we guard anyone, and how did Crean get out coached by Painter

Depends on if we played well or not....if we get blown out I would be very upset. If we play well and lose a close one I would be disappointed...either way will not be able to get to sleep afterwards. Course that is also true if we win...

the more interesting question: "If IU wins, I will __________"

a) drink for another two hours in quiet enjoyment, as I contemplate all the Purdue whining I'll be reading for the next few days.

b) resist the urge to become obnoxious toward any passer-by who happens to be wearing black or gold.

c) become irrational and combative about IU's chances of taking the B1G title.

d) trash Crean for subbing, zones, poor recruiting... etc. But that's a whole other thread.

This post was edited on 1/28 4:09 PM by C_Point

I will say "that sucks," finish my drink, brush my teeth, and then sleep

like a champ unless the step cat decides to fight the invisible army at 3:30am. I gave up feeling too bad about sports losses after the Colts Super Bowl vs. the Saints. That could change if IU ever finds it's way back into the true elite conversation. A final four game would get me going again probably. Besides, it's just another game at Purdue. There will be a bunch of fat people in the crowd, and that turd with the face paint and fake hair leading a bunch dumb chants that make little sense. Nothing to get too worked up over.

This post was edited on 1/28 4:17 PM by The Vid

If IU loses to PUke tonight I will

wish I was in West Lafayette tonight to attend the biggest sports celebration Purdue will see all year long.

TP

Am likely to - (1) Immolate a barnyard animal out of spite, or...

2) Commit to a life of short and gloriously unrepentant hedonism since the world is obviously ending...
3) Make audible disparaging remarks about ugly and/or fat women on the statistical likelihood that they are PU alumni...
4) Make audible disparaging remarks about ugly and/or fat men on the statistical likelihood that they are PU alumni...
5) Petition the federal government to move the Purdue campus to the state of Kentucky or some least-developed country...
6) Petition the State of Indiana to have West Lafayette condemned and razed...
7) Lower the flag to half-mast until order is restored to the universe...
8) Release conclusive evidence that Matt Painter has been denied membership in MENSA 19 times..
9) Hack the Black and Gold site and morph it into Cream and Crimson shrine...
10) Dispatch legions of LDS, Jehovah's Witnesses and Hari Krishnas on PU players urging them to repent...

Fortunately, IU wins tonight going away.

This post was edited on 1/28 4:22 PM by rikki-tikka-tava

Bet it.

Anything +4.5 or bigger is a good bet. Also good odds taking Indiana to win at +175 (I've got IU with a 41% chance to win outright).

In the other B1G, Minny is getting too much respect (or PSU isn't getting enough). Take PSU +1.5, and even money to win is a good bet, too (PSU 63% chance to win).

Disclaimer: I have a losing record against the spread this year, so your best bet is to do the opposite of what I say.

goat

I don't bet, but

I would have thought Indiana would have been a 3 to 5 point favorite.

Disappointed, but hopeful because I like watching this team...

They have really become fun to watch and they play to win. My hope for this team is to get to the NCAAs and develop enough into a team that can make some noise. With the style of play and ability to score, I really like their chances to do some damage if they can keep winning B1G games and get into the dance.

This board will melt down like usual....

smokin.r191677.gif

All the computers point to PU by 2 or 3...

Which is where the line started. For it to move to 5 suggests that a lot of people are betting on PU. The same thing happened against OSU.

Re: Bet it.

Well, you missed big on IU and called PSU perfectly, so whether someone did the same as you, or took your advice and did the opposite, they end up the same.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT