ADVERTISEMENT

If its Alford or Fife I'm done with IU......

They had an unbelievable run in soccer too in the last five years. First team since Clemson to have two undefeated Reg seasons and made the college cup

And Lacrosse. National Champs a few years ago and ranked almost every year.

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe he's learned his lesson, or maybe he hasn't been caught. You need to remember that IU was who caught him, and they self reported. Houston may or may not have the same standards.

kind of like confessing you have illegal drugs in your possession, as you see the cops approaching your front door with a search warrant and a drug sniffing dog in tow.

kind of like confessing you have illegal drugs in your possession, as you see the cops approaching your front door with a search warrant and a drug sniffing dog in tow.
Didn't happen that way. If IU hadn't self reported, no one would have been the wiser.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Didn't happen that way. If IU hadn't self reported, no one would have been the wiser.
IU’s integrity would have been shot, and investigation into the cheater’s next violation(s), and there would have been some, would have revealed the cover up. Hiring Sampson was a serious mistake by IU and I consider his time at IU a stain on IU that will never be removed. He could coach on the floor, and his teams were good, but for his entire tenure I couldn’t muster up any enthusiasm at all. I waited for the ugly end and it ended as expected.

What's your schedule look like next year? If you went to IU and/or are over 65 yrs old you have a strong chance, it seems.

I'd like to throw my name in there if I may...

I was really hoping Fred would have seen the light and given me the Football job but nooo..., he had to go with that "high school coach" (still laughing at p u fans who brought That up)....; so..., given my talent of constructive criticism I figure I can drop down a level to impart my wisdom to the players and Assistants rather than just wasting it all on attempting to educate the Head Coach and the AD...😉

Just give me 3 secretaries, a complete support staff, and most importantly, 3 Assistants who actually Know how to coach and recruit and I Promise you better results than Archie...

Let me know when Scott wants me to drive down and sign... I'll do it for a full mil less than what that Massholes wife was/is asking...😉😎

I'd like to throw my name in there if I may...

I was really hoping Fred would have seen the light and given me the Football job but nooo..., he had to go with that "high school coach" (still laughing at p u fans who brought That up)....; so..., given my talent of constructive criticism I figure I can drop down a level to impart my wisdom to the players and Assistants rather than just wasting it all on attempting to educate the Head Coach and the AD...😉

Just give me 3 secretaries, a complete support staff, and most importantly, 3 Assistants who actually Know how to coach and recruit and I Promise you better results than Archie...

Let me know when Scott wants me to drive down and sign... I'll do it for a full mil less than what that Massholes wife was/is asking...😉😎

You get that Bison set up as IU's mascot, so that he's at least at all home football games and the Purdue basketball game at AH (so he can do a dump by the Purdue bench, allowing them to feel more at home), then you're hired . . . As long as you can pass the Dolson physical.

You get that Bison set up as IU's mascot, so that he's at least at all home football games and the Purdue basketball game at AH (so he can do a dump by the Purdue bench, allowing them to feel more at home), then you're hired . . . As long as you can pass the Dolson physical.

The physical may be problematic (but he'd best hire me or I'll have one of my pals leak the results and then hire McMurtry to represent me in the settlement fight...)😎 *🤔Come to think of it, I might just go that route to begin with and avoid all the certain criticism🤔 😉...

I figure my vertical has dropped from 32" to 12" and my forty is probably closer to 6.2..., than my HS 5.2 ...
But... I can still touch my toes so I've got that on Matta...

//My avatar loves your inspiration!!!😀//

Last edited:
The physical may be problematic (but he'd best hire me or I'll have one of my pals leak the results and the hire McMurtry to represent my in the settlement fight...)? Come to think of it, I might just go that route to begin with and avoid all the certain criticism 😉... I figure my vertical has dropped from 32" to 12" and my forty is probably closer to 6.2..., than my HS 5.2 But... I Can still touch my toes so I've got that on Matta...

And you can take credit for an updated POTFB. D(ump)OTFB.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
The physical may be problematic (but he'd best hire me or I'll have one of my pals leak the results and then hire McMurtry to represent my in the settlement fight...)? Come to think of it, I might just go that route to begin with and avoid all the certain criticism 😉... I figure my vertical has dropped from 32" to 12" and my forty is probably closer to 6.2..., than my HS 5.2 But... I Can still touch my toes so I've got that on Matta...

Do you have an IU degree? Sounds like it's a major prerequisite....

• Haha
Moren is like Tom Allen, building something special that will last.

She has really turned it around. It started with Miller before her, but she really has IU in unheard of heights.

The sales pitch seems to be IU will work harder. Buss and then Patberg seem to exemplify that as the face of the program. They aren't out recruiting anyone but getting players who are good enough. But we have struggled against Maryland and OSU over the years, both tend to be more athletic.

Hopefully they have the code cracked.

Do you have an IU degree? Sounds like it's a major prerequisite....

I have a Plan and it's a Good one... I intend to review every bit of Bob Knight practice film that the Athletic Department didn't burn (I may have to go all the way to Texas Tech to get it)..., and learn every nuance of "BK Theater" he ever used to make an emphatic point...; then I'll just turn literally every other bit of coaching over to the Assistants...

On game day I'll carry a well worn baseball cap stuffed in my back pocket and I'll have a knowledgeable Assistant prompt me as to when to go into my outraged act while throwing it on the floor...

Maybe, over time, I'll be able to learn how to work a ref or two...

I figure I can milk at least 17 years out of the job by letting my Assistants do all the work (hey, why not.., it works for Painter...😉)... 😎

Last edited:
I have a Plan and it's a Good one... I intend to review every bit of Bob Knight practice film that the Athletic Department didn't burn (I may have to go all the way to Texas Tech to get it)..., and learn every nuance of "BK Theater" he ever used to make an emphatic point...; then I'll just turn literally every other bit of coaching to the Assistants...

On game day I'll carry a well worn baseball cap stuffed in my back pocket and I'll have a knowledgeable Assistant prompt me as to when to go into my outraged act while throwing it on the floor...

I figure I can milk at least 17 years out of the job by letting my Assistants do all the work (hey, why not.., it works for Painter...😉)... 😎

Now how was that for a succession of run on sentences...😎
I like it!!!!

She has really turned it around. It started with Miller before her, but she really has IU in unheard of heights.
Speaking of Miller, since you seem to be well plugged in to the women's program, what's the real story on his abrupt departure?

I have a Plan and it's a Good one... I intend to review every bit of Bob Knight practice film that the Athletic Department didn't burn (I may have to go all the way to Texas Tech to get it)..., and learn every nuance of "BK Theater" he ever used to make an emphatic point...; then I'll just turn literally every other bit of coaching to the Assistants...

Now how was that for a succession of run on sentences...😎

You get Chuck Marlow back and you can have one hell of a great tv show.

Bring back the Jack Ass!

He'll be a regular...

Perhaps we can get a hologram projection of Marlow asking the occasional question...

I promise a Knight era guest player or two on every show...

For the "Freshman Focus" segment we will open with a clip of BK shouting across the floor at Leary (after he had just dribbled the length of the floor against Iowa State while we're up by at least 30..., with his head down, never looking to pass and chucked up a 40 footer that barely knicked iron): And I Quote: (in the Key of Thunderous) "Leary You Dumb Son of a Bitch..., If I Ever See You Take That Kind of Shot Again..." (the rest is lost to the mists of time)...😉😎🤣

Speaking of Miller, since you seem to be well plugged in to the women's program, what's the real story on his abrupt departure?

Good question. Days before he left he had a nephew(?) try to commit armed robbery at a convenience store in town. So the best answer is something to do with that but I do not know for certain, or why.

Good question. Days before he left he had a nephew(?) try to commit armed robbery at a convenience store in town. So the best answer is something to do with that but I do not know for certain, or why.
Interesting. That doesn't ring any bells at all. My vague recollection of the rumors and innuendo was that it was something scandalous or sordid.

Interesting. That doesn't ring any bells at all. My vague recollection of the rumors and innuendo was that it was something scandalous or sordid.
i

And that may be. The robbery was that store on 3rd kind of across from Office Lounge. It happened like 3 nights before, I am real certain of that. I believe the kid had been hanging around the program, but that is speculation.

No way they are going thru this just to make a lateral move, at best? IU has made pretty much every wrong move for the last 20 years, it is actually impressive sadly. Again, i cant see them making this move to go get a coach nobody else wants?
Why wait? You could save yourself a lot of anguish and just move on now.

I’m just going to leave this here, as I’ll get roasted on the basketball boards by people that don’t know their history and think Mike Woodson would be a disaster, but are perfectly fine with hiring Michael Lewis, Calbert Cheany, Dane Fife, another flavor of the month, or some high school or D3 coach.

Here is the coaches Woodson played for:

Bob Knight
Red Holtzman
Larry Brown
Jack McKinney
Cotton Fitzsimmons
Don Chaney
Lenny Wilkens

Here are the coaches he’s worked under:

George Karl
Chris Ford
Larry Brown(NBA championship)
Mike D’Antoni
Phil Jackson
Doc Rivers
Tom Thibodeau

He’s been under the tutelage of Hall of Fame coaches.

He was the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks for 6 years, turning around a bad franchise and going to the conference semi finals 3 of those years. They got spoiled by the success he brought them and fired him after going 53-29, but didn’t get to the conference finals. Kind of the same arch Stevens is looking at. He was much more successful than Pitino and Calipari.

He had a relatively successful stint as the Knicks head coach for 2 or 3 years. They love him in New York, because he’s synonymous with the only success they’ve had other than the long ago Holtzman years, and the Pat Riley years.

IMO, he’s at least as good a coach as Brad Stevens, if not better. One downside is he’s 63 years old, but that doesn’t seem to bother people when talking about Beilein or Altman.

Another is that he must not be able to use a phone, as IU fans think recruiting would suffer because high school kids don’t remember him as a player or NBA head coach, although only a handful of college coaches are household names.

The final, but biggest strike against him, is that he is an IU alum. People ask rhetorically about all of the IU family of coaches, “If he hadn’t played at IU would he even be on your list?” I would answer no to all but Woody. He would be on my list, but considered a long shot if he hadn’t attended IU.

I would be fine with a few college coaching candidates that run a pro style offense and defense, like several of the teams still playing this weekend. I’d also be fine with an ultra competitive simpleton that demands accountability, efficiency, and execution, like Michigan State for example.

I’m done with my rant, but just very irritated at the fan base dismissing Woodson as just a former IU player, when he’s one of the most respected coaches in the NBA-both as an X and Os tactician and relationship guy.

I’m just going to leave this here, as I’ll get roasted on the basketball boards by people that don’t know their history and think Mike Woodson would be a disaster, but are perfectly fine with hiring Michael Lewis, Calbert Cheany, Dane Fife, another flavor of the month, or some high school or D3 coach.

Bob Knight
Red Holtzman
Larry Brown
Jack McKinney
Cotton Fitzsimmons
Don Chaney
Lenny Wilkens

George Karl
Chris Ford
Mike D’Antoni
Phil Jackson
Doc Rivers
Tom Thibodeau

He was the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks for 6 years, turning around a bad franchise and going to the conference semi finals 3 of those years. They got spoiled by the success he brought them and fired him after going 53-29, but didn’t get to the conference finals. Kind of the same arch Stevens is looking at. He was much more successful than Pitino and Calipari.

He had a relatively successful stint as the Knicks head coach for 2 or 3 years. They love him in New York, because he’s synonymous with the only success they’ve had other than the long ago Holtzman years, and the Pat Riley years.

IMO, he’s at least as good a coach as Brad Stevens, if not better. One downside is he’s 63 years old, but that doesn’t seem to bother people when talking about Beilein or Altman.

Another is that he must not be able to use a phone, as IU fans think recruiting would suffer because high school kids don’t remember him as a player or NBA head coach, although only a handful of college coaches are household names.

The final, but biggest strike against him, is that he is an IU alum. People ask rhetorically about all of the IU family of coaches, “If he hadn’t played at IU would he even be on your list?” I would answer no to all but Woody. He would be on my list, but considered a long shot if he hadn’t attended IU.

I would be fine with a few college coaching candidates that run a pro style offense and defense, like several of the teams still playing this weekend. I’d also be fine with an ultra competitive simpleton that demands accountability, efficiency, and execution, like Michigan State for example.

I’m done with my rant, but just very irritated at the fan base dismissing Woodson as just a former IU player, when he’s one of the most respected coaches in the NBA-both as an X and Os tactician and relationship guy.
He may be a great choice. But I think there is something to what Parrish has on CBS today, would IU pay $10 million to fire a coach to hire a coach that no other power 5 team would hire.

That said, I am a big believer in fits, and he may be a fit for Indiana.

I am a little worried, yesterday Provost Robel entered the portal so it is spreading.

Bob Knight
Red Holtzman
Larry Brown
Jack McKinney
Cotton Fitzsimmons
Don Chaney
Lenny Wilkens

George Karl
Chris Ford
Mike D’Antoni
Phil Jackson
Doc Rivers
Tom Thibodeau

He’s got a .463 winning percentage over a long span.

He may be a great choice. But I think there is something to what Parrish has on CBS today, would IU pay $10 million to fire a coach to hire a coach that no other power 5 team would hire.

That said, I am a big believer in fits, and he may be a fit for Indiana.

I am a little worried, yesterday Provost Robel entered the portal so it is spreading.
Is that a joke or real? I had her for Civ pro.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT