ADVERTISEMENT

I have to laugh at PU misery

I think even without the injuries, this looked like Brohm’s thinnest and least talented team he’s had. Only position group better than the 2017 or 2018 versions is WR
I agree. I was surprised watching both the Nevada and TCU games at how few players PU was using - especially on defense. It appeared to me that Brohm didn't have much confidence going beyond his first unit.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Depth has always been a sad issue for Purdue. If a starter suffers an injury, there is a huge gap in experience and talent with his replacement. I’m not sure if that issue will ever be solved. You can’t sustain a great offense if you have a weak o-line no matter how great your receivers are. The D-line and linebackers lost 2 players who were projected as NFL picks. And nobody stepped up. The dbacks are probably the most disappointing as they have very talented freshmen, experienced players and depth. The minn QB ripped them to shreds completing 20 of 22 passes?

There needs to be some lessons learned and adjustments! I’m not making excuses, just observations.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It's going to be even more awesome to hear them cheer that at the Bucket game, after they score in garbage time, while down 42-21.

We all know they WILL chant it while losing to IU, and the stench in Ross Ade will be infused with the rank of palpable irony.

They can't help themselves. What makes it great is that it isn't just students...the alumni do it even the old farts.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
I agree. I was surprised watching both the Nevada and TCU games at how few players PU was using - especially on defense. It appeared to me that Brohm didn't have much confidence going beyond his first unit.
There just isn't much there in terms of upper classmen. We have something like 10-12 seniors and only a few are healthy and play. The Fr, Rs-Fr, and Sophs are getting a ridiculous amount of PT. Not always ideal for the current year. Simply a reminder that things aren't built overnight.

Quick side notes:
-The "IU Sucks" chant sucks. Even if I believe that IU may "suck".
-IU could/would/should win the bucket this year given how things are going. I don't believe that will be the case in years to come, however. Feel free to debate that one.

There just isn't much there in terms of upper classmen. We have something like 10-12 seniors and only a few are healthy and play. The Fr, Rs-Fr, and Sophs are getting a ridiculous amount of PT. Not always ideal for the current year. Simply a reminder that things aren't built overnight.

Quick side notes:
-IU could/would/should win the bucket this year given how things are going. I don't believe that will be the case in years to come, however. Feel free to debate that one.

51vhtUIUgDL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Boiler1987 said on GBI that we would suck next year because we are losing a bunch of upperclassmen. Lol. He also said that we would struggle at WR after Hale and Westbrook leave.

Well.....

We are the youngest team in the Big Ten.

Whop Philyor. Ty Fryfogle. Miles Marshall. David Ellis. Jordan Jakes. Rashawn Williams coming in. As well as TEs Hendershot, Bjorson, and Ivy.

Are those guys the dumbest fans in the Big Ten? I mean, seriously.

Sorry guys. I’ve actually got some of my common sense back.

Boiler1987 said on GBI that we would suck next year because we are losing a bunch of upperclassmen. Lol. He also said that we would struggle at WR after Hale and Westbrook leave.

Well.....

We are the youngest team in the Big Ten.

Whop Philyor. Ty Fryfogle. Miles Marshall. David Ellis. Jordan Jakes. Rashawn Williams coming in. As well as TEs Hendershot, Bjorson, and Ivy.

Are those guys the dumbest fans in the Big Ten? I mean, seriously.

Sorry guys. I’ve actually got some of my common sense back.
Technically we are the youngest team in the big ten, but it's splitting hairs.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...dest-Teams-Experienced-134053658/#134053658_1

We have more young guys currently starting/contributing, but there are many more variables that play into that.

Purdue and Brohm are going through in football what Archie and the IU basketball team went through last year. We saw how those injuries postponed seeing improvement.

Purdue has had a run of bad luck with injuries and not able to build on last year's bowl. They may get players back, but the defensive issues don't seem to be all injury related.

The task of rebuilding the Purdue team is going to be more difficult than people thought. If we can stay relatively healthy, IU can jump ahead of the Purdue program from the emergence of Penix and the continued play of our young skilled players. Seeing players like Bedford and Mullen playing well as freshmen gives me hope.

Technically we are the youngest team in the big ten, but it's splitting hairs.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...dest-Teams-Experienced-134053658/#134053658_1

We have more young guys currently starting/contributing, but there are many more variables that play into that.

It still kills his argument. He was acting like IU would graduate their whole team. Of Starters, we lose....

2 WRs
K
P
2 OL, 3 if Cronk doesn’t redshirt
2 CBs but both guys are falling on depth chart
1 LB

That’s pretty much it. The replacements are probably more talented than these guys too.

It still kills his argument. He was acting like IU would graduate their whole team. Of Starters, we lose....

2 WRs
K
P
2 OL, 3 if Cronk doesn’t redshirt
2 CBs but both guys are falling on depth chart
1 LB

That’s pretty much it. The replacements are probably more talented than these guys too.

From that article, it looks like IU and Purdue have the same upper and underclassmen split. I think the biggest difference is that Purdue redshirted a lot more guys last year than IU did. So while Purdue is playing a lot of young guys, so is IU. If Purdue’s young guys have the talent, they should be contributing. Plus, the benefit of Purdue’s redshirts isn’t going manifest in an advantage over IU for another 3 years, when IUs true Sophomores have graduated.

They can't help themselves. What makes it great is that it isn't just students...the alumni do it even the old farts.
Let's laugh at the people beating our asses over and over. They'll look so foolish. We sound like the nerds getting beat up that are laughing at the bully's chemistry grade. That'll show them. Lose at football...win at sportsmanship...nice! smh

Let's laugh at the people beating our asses over and over. They'll look so foolish. We sound like the nerds getting beat up that are laughing at the bully's chemistry grade. That'll show them. Lose at football...win at sportsmanship...nice! smh

This analogy makes no sense. The people embarrassing themselves in the stands are not the players/coaches beating IU.

It isn't a good week to face PSU. I haven't heard if Moore is expected to miss a significant amount of time, but he won't play Saturday.

Quick side notes:
Why do you believe IU sucks?

I would enjoy a 85-0 drubbing on a bye week.

I've always thought that 154-0 was close to a "possible" (given time constraints & only going for 1)..., so I'm hoping to see a 155 to zip p$u vs pu score (that's with p$u going for 2 and getting it on the last play)... :)

I really don't like p$u so this ought to let you know how I really feel about p u......;)

I guess that works both ways, correct? That would explain all of the injuries to the IU basketball team last season.
I have never seen any injury situation as bad as IU basketball last year. At one time we had a bench of Moore, Forrester, Fitzner and Anderson. That was all that was available to play.

There are a few similarities to the Purdue football situation except they have enough bodies to practice against.

I will check out the point spread. I might place my first legal college bet if the spread is favorable.

I have never seen any injury situation as bad as IU basketball last year. At one time we had a bench of Moore, Forrester, Fitzner and Anderson. That was all that was available to play.

There are a few similarities to the Purdue football situation except they have enough bodies to practice against.

I will check out the point spread. I might place my first legal college bet if the spread is favorable.
PU +28.

I wouldn't touch it.

I agree it was devastating, I’ve never seen a team lose such a high percentage of their roster to injury for most or all of a season. But back to fkfootball’s post, karma had to be the reason that happened, for all of the negative comments that IU fans make about Purdue Basketball. Correct, I thought karma worked both ways.

I agree it was devastating, I’ve never seen a team lose such a high percentage of their roster to injury for most or all of a season. But back to fkfootball’s post, karma had to be the reason that happened, for all of the negative comments that IU fans make about Purdue Basketball. Correct, I thought karma worked both ways.
It should only work against PU and UK.

Everyone knows that. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rakkasan29 and 76-1
It is relevant because 10 straight three and out drives will result in lots of time for PSU to score lots of points.

The only burning question about that game is whether p$u's 4th team defense will be able to preserve the shutout or not... ;)

Doesn’t make much sense, does it? I think they do the chant because it drives some IU fans nuts, and it gets in their heads. If they just ignored it rather than let it bother them so much, it would probably go away.

Doesn’t make much sense, does it? I think they do the chant because it drives some IU fans nuts, and it gets in their heads. If they just ignored it rather than let it bother them so much, it would probably go away.
I don't think it bothers a single IU fan. PU fans would like to think it does, but to an IU fan, it's just low-class. Which kind of fits in with our impression of PU fans anyway.

So, really, it's just a confirmation of our suspicions.

No QB1.
NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

Just a comedy of errors up north... And I can't stop laughing. I wish I could post a Gif of red-faced Brohmbardi yelling at the refs as he's getting blown out.
Mindset of a loser

If you read this thread you can see several people who care a lot about it and it really upsets them a great deal. Even as they say it doesn’t bother them it does.
I've not read anyone that it bothers.

Calling PU fans out for bad behavior doesn't mean it bothers anyone - it's just pointing out facts.

Why does it bother you when someone says they're not bothered by it?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I've not read anyone that it bothers.

Calling PU fans out for bad behavior doesn't mean it bothers anyone - it's just pointing out facts.

Why does it bother you when someone says they're not bothered by it?
You call it bad behavior but then you’re saying that bad behavior doesn’t bother you? And what facts did you give?

Moore has a hamstring injury. The extent and recovery time have not been determined or publicized.

Sipes is now the backup QB. Sparks was a QB before being switched to WR.

Purdue is evaluating some of their freshmen linemen and may decide not to redshirt them and may actually use them as starters in future games. Two of their injured RBs may return in the next 2 weeks. Neal may return to the d-line. What you see in the last game may be dramatically different than what you see today.

The success of every football team is to evaluate weaknesses and strengths and make adjustments. Injuries are a part of the game and you must be ready!

Sipe is not the # 2 QB. He has been injured since spring and is a likely transfer candidate.

I don't think it bothers a single IU fan. PU fans would like to think it does, but to an IU fan, it's just low-class. Which kind of fits in with our impression of PU fans anyway.

So, really, it's just a confirmation of our suspicions.

Absolutely. I don't know a single IU fan that it bothers. Quite the opposite, keep it going. It defines them.

Absolutely. I don't know a single IU fan that it bothers. Quite the opposite, keep it going. It defines them.
Ignore it and don’t let it other you so much and it will stop. Meantime, their just laughing at fans who keep talking about it. Dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT