NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

Just a comedy of errors up north... And I can't stop laughing. I wish I could post a Gif of red-faced Brohmbardi yelling at the refs as he's getting blown out.

No QB1.
NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

Just a comedy of errors up north... And I can't stop laughing. I wish I could post a Gif of red-faced Brohmbardi yelling at the refs as he's getting blown out.
The QB injury didn't sound hopeful. Have they determined what type of injury Moore has.

Plummer will do a good enough job for them at QB, but he will need Moore back and very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereYouGoIU
The QB injury didn't sound hopeful didn't sound hopeful. Have they determined what type of injury Moore has.

Plummer will do a good enough job for them at QB, but he will need Moore back and very soon.

Screw em...

Hope the players are okay but couldn't care less how their being out affects the coaches or the fan base...

Insert flaming toy train going off a bridge here ________\ ;)

The QB injury didn't sound hopeful didn't sound hopeful. Have they determined what type of injury Moore has.

Moore is out this week, the PU coach said he'll know more later today. He didn't specify what the injury is that I heard.

Never wish injuries on anyone but even with Moore that team isn't winning six games. They are only favored in one game the rest of the year (Illinois). You could call the Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern and Indiana games toss-ups so 5 wins seems to be the ceiling and 4 seems more probable. Hopefully we beat them, go to a bowl and they stay home.

They were pretty much a one trick pony going into the season. Looks like they've dodged a bullet with Moore's situation (likely just a hamstring, and I'm happy for the kid he's not seriously injured), but their defense is a sieve and wins will be limited.

Moore is out this week, the PU coach said he'll know more later today. He didn't specify what the injury is that I heard.

Never wish injuries on anyone but even with Moore that team isn't winning six games. They are only favored in one game the rest of the year (Illinois). You could call the Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern and Indiana games toss-ups so 5 wins seems to be the ceiling and 4 seems more probable. Hopefully we beat them, go to a bowl and they stay home.
The knee is a mysterious joint. He seemed to land on it awkwardly which can be enough to do a lot of damage. I have seen people land normal;y and suffer a season ending injury. It could be a sprain or a lot of things that will allow him to return this year. They have a lot of issues on defense and their o-line doesn't seem to be among the problem areas. You have to wonder if they have a 3rd string QB that can play. They might need one.

Screw em...

Hope the players are okay but couldn't care less how their being out affects the coaches or the fan base...

Yes, I do feel bad for the players...

But that fan base... Can eat it.

Reactions: midwolfe and DANC
They were pretty much a one trick pony going into the season. Looks like they've dodged a bullet with Moore's situation (likely just a hamstring, and I'm happy for the kid he's not seriously injured), but their defense is a sieve and wins will be limited.
It didn't look like a hamstring. He definitely hyper extended his left knee and immediately hit the ground holding his knee.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/09/28/purdue-rondale-moore-elijah-sindelar-injury-updates

I had a bad hyper extension and spent 6 weeks in a knee immobilizer. If I had been a D1 football player, I'm sure I would have tried to be back sooner. I didn't need surgery, but the doctor cautioned me that I did tear enough that I could have problems if I injured it again before what was left could strengthen. After the immobilizer came off, I noticed the knee didn't feel as tight or stable for another month or two.

It didn't look like a hamstring. He definitely hyper extended his left knee and immediately hit the ground holding his knee.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/09/28/purdue-rondale-moore-elijah-sindelar-injury-updates

I had a bad hyper extension and spent 6 weeks in a knee immobilizer. If I had been a D1 football player, I'm sure I would have tried to be back sooner. I didn't need surgery, but the doctor cautioned me that I did tear enough that I could have problems if I injured it again before what was left could strengthen. After the immobilizer came off, I noticed the knee didn't feel as tight or stable for another month or two.
what did you tear?

A hyper extension of the knee can put strain on the hamstring muscles/tendons. Plus, its the hamstring muscles/tendons that provide the most support to the back of the knee. Guessing the strain could have just been localized to the lower portion of the hamstring, which effectively is the back of the knee

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
A hyper extension of the knee can put strain on the hamstring muscles/tendons. Plus, its the hamstring muscles/tendons that provide the most support to the back of the knee. Guessing the strain could have just been localized to the lower portion of the hamstring, which effectively is the back of the knee
That makes sense. It didn't look like the typical hamstring injury where someone is running and it bites you. I'm sure he went down immediately to protect himself. I was running across second base trying to turn a double play with all my weight on my right leg. A dumbass crashed into me just above my knee before I could jump. I couldn't hit the ground fast enough. Try throwing your body backwards while running forwards.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Screw em...

giphy.gif

No QB1.
NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

Sounds like they need a new S&C program (said somewhat tongue-in-cheek).

No QB1.
NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

No QB1.
NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

Whoever they have they'll play good against us. We better be ready. We have not been ready the last two contests. Just saying.
One game at a time.

If Moore can play, they will have a shot. Brohm will turn it into a shootout. He will take big chances. Their receivers other than Moore are also good.

If they have Moore, I don't trust Allen against Brohm. I've seen it twice and it's not a good match-up.

If they don't have Moore, we win easily.

Jeff Brohm is infuriating because he runs like 15 trick plays a game. That’s all fine and dandy, but his “Offensive Genius”, is more like “Smoke and Mirrors.”

Kevin Wilson looked like Andy Reid compared to him.

No one wants any kid at any program, even PU, to get an injury. End of subject there.

That said, all programs deal with injuries, God knows IU has over the years, so there will be no sympathy if a program doesn't have depth to say "next man up". And then from a purely IU perspective, if PU goes on a losing streak, oh well. I hope when we play at PU this year it's a 3-8 PU vs. a 7-4 IU and we light them up and go to an awesome bowl with Bucket in hand!

No QB1.
NO RB1.
No DT1.
No Rondale.
No Bailey
No Neal
No Offensive Line
NO Defense

NO HOPE!!!

I understand the hatred for Purdue as our biggest rival, but please don't take enjoyment from the situation. If you haven't played the game at any level, you have no idea how difficult it is to play hard at a high level for an entire season without getting injured. Unfortunately for Purdue, they are working through a Season where the injuries are coming in bunches and disproportionately to their key players. Do I feel sorry for Purdue as a whole? No. We have had seasons like this and nobody had sympathy for us. Do I feel sorry for the kids who are injured and missing time? Absolutely, and I hope they fully recover and play again at some point.
I'm sure if you asked any player at this level who wants to compete, they would tell you that they would rather play and beat a team that is at full strength, rather than a team that is decimated by injuries to their key players.

I understand the hatred for Purdue as our biggest rival, but please don't take enjoyment from the situation. If you haven't played the game at any level, you have no idea how difficult it is to play hard at a high level for an entire season without getting injured. Unfortunately for Purdue, they are working through a Season where the injuries are coming in bunches and disproportionately to their key players. Do I feel sorry for Purdue as a whole? No. We have had seasons like this and nobody had sympathy for us. Do I feel sorry for the kids who are injured and missing time? Absolutely, and I hope they fully recover and play again at some point.
I'm sure if you asked any player at this level who wants to compete, they would tell you that they would rather play and beat a team that is at full strength, rather than a team that is decimated by injuries to their key players.

I feel badly for their players because they've actually put the work in and are out there competing. Hate to see anyone but the cheap shot artists on any opponents team get hurt...

As for their fans and coaching staff, screw em...

The fighting Brohmas where headed for a 3 win season before these injuries..., at least now they have an excuse.

Reactions: DANC and turney333
I'm not enjoying that kids got hurt.

I'm enjoying watching their fanbase implode, calling for Jeff Brohm's head (gasp! They want the golden boy fired!!) and their general unhappiness with every thing PU. I would even shed a tear if they lose some commits over their failures...

Reactions: iulb and DANC
I feel badly for their players because they've actually put the work in and are out there competing. Hate to see anyone but the cheap shot artists on any opponents team get hurt...

As for their fans and coaching staff, screw em...

The fighting Brohmas where headed for a 3 win season before these injuries..., at least now they have an excuse.

It’s also kept a handful of “IU fans” around here quiet

I don't want to hear PU fans talk about "classy" until their fanbase stops cheering "IU Sucks" at every kickoff, even when down 28-10.

I think it awesome especially after they all swore for the second time that the chant was going to stop. Last year for cancer support which lasted almost three quarters.

Hoping that the GBI crew will once again get the "Courtsense Sucks" chant going at the hog barn for BB.

I think it awesome especially after they all swore for the second time that the chant was going to stop. Last year for cancer support which lasted almost three quarters.

Hoping that the GBI crew will once again get the "Courtsense Sucks" chant going at the hog barn for BB.
It's going to be even more awesome to hear them cheer that at the Bucket game, after they score in garbage time, while down 42-21.

We all know they WILL chant it while losing to IU, and the stench in Ross Ade will be infused with the rank of palpable irony.

Reactions: DANC
Moore has a hamstring injury. The extent and recovery time have not been determined or publicized.

Sipes is now the backup QB. Sparks was a QB before being switched to WR.

Purdue is evaluating some of their freshmen linemen and may decide not to redshirt them and may actually use them as starters in future games. Two of their injured RBs may return in the next 2 weeks. Neal may return to the d-line. What you see in the last game may be dramatically different than what you see today.

The success of every football team is to evaluate weaknesses and strengths and make adjustments. Injuries are a part of the game and you must be ready!

Moore has a hamstring injury. The extent and recovery time have not been determined or publicized.

Sipes is now the backup QB. Sparks was a QB before being switched to WR.

Purdue is evaluating some of their freshmen linemen and may decide not to redshirt them and may actually use them as starters in future games. Two of their injured RBs may return in the next 2 weeks. Neal may return to the d-line. What you see in the last game may be dramatically different than what you see today.

The success of every football team is to evaluate weaknesses and strengths and make adjustments. Injuries are a part of the game and you must be ready!

I fully expect to see all of them (except Sindalar)...

Unless you magically bulk up a couple of your WR's and move them to the OL can't say I'm too concerned...

I fully expect to see all of them (except Sindalar)...

Unless you magically bulk up a couple of your WR's and move them to the OL can't say I'm too concerned...

I think even without the injuries, this looked like Brohm’s thinnest and least talented team he’s had. Only position group better than the 2017 or 2018 versions is WR

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT