ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll make this real easy.

When the coaching change occurs. And it will occur.

HIRE LAVALL JORDAN. It’s time for IU to hire a Butler coach. Lavall has done a good job and just signed their best recruiting class in school history.
I think I'm the one that put Thad on everybody's brain again … it just hit me one day, I have no inside knowledge or anything, just thinking about realistic available candidates. Health derailed him, much like an Urban Meyer, but it is a realistic option assuming he's healthy, and if we are intending to pay what we do now, we might as well pursue someone proven.

I think I'm the one that put Thad on everybody's brain again … it just hit me one day, I have no inside knowledge or anything, just thinking about realistic available candidates. Health derailed him, much like an Urban Meyer, but it is a realistic option assuming he's healthy, and if we are intending to pay what we do now, we might as well pursue someone proven.
So you want to replace a guy that has missed the last 3 NCAA tourney with a guy who has health issues and missed the last 2 tourneys at Ohio St. Sounds really smart. I would rather take a chance with Dane Fife. Edited, likely to miss the last 3 years. We could still make it this year.

Thad was let go for reasons other than basketball. I do not have first hand knowledge but it was rumored he had developed an addiction to pain killers from his back problems. I guess he relapsed. Due to HIPPA laws, that was not disclosed. That is why the timing of his dismal was not the usual end of season occurrence. I think we can do better and thought Archie would better. That said, I can only hope the new AD will get it right. I would pursue Alford before Matta but It really does not matter as IU has a coach until they don’t and IU will not want to pay the buyout. We are kind of stuck. I also do not want Glass choosing the next coach.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
I'm relatively sure he was joking...all three names were misspelled.

Kurt Hastings had to be deliberate. In fact, that spelling was frequently used on this forum when making fun of of Davis. IIRC, he referred to him with the wrong name, and was labeled here as being a coach that didn’t even know his own players names.

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT