ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question

Nope, it isn't the same at all. Virtually all criticism of Obama was directed at his policies, not Obama as a person: Obamacare, dropping sanctions against Iran and paying them millions of dollars, the war in Syria. But there was never any criticism of Obama as a person like the venom and bile against Trump that we see on this forum on a daily basis.

Narcissist-in-chief is directed at his policies? Calling him Obummer, Muslim, Kenyan was policy directed.

I started why I think Trump is a megalomaniac above, where am I wrong?

The left isn't satisfied with their own intrinsic loathing of Trump, they want everyone to hate him. As with antifa proper, dissimilar views are not tolerated.
But yet, you can’t own him...always but but but the left, Hillary, and so forth...own your boy..

I’ll never fully understand all the hate by the loving, free thinking, tolerant left.

I am heading to the golf course with classic rock blaring on Pandora and a :)on my face. Gotta a member guest to win today.

Peace and love to all.
Where'd you get the idea that the left is tolerant of evil?

The way he speaks. His gestures, facial expressions, and vocabulary.

112941187_trump%20news_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Reactions: MrBing and hoot1
The left isn't satisfied with their own intrinsic loathing of Trump, they want everyone to hate him. As with antifa proper, dissimilar views are not tolerated.
We learned from you guys treating Clinton and Obama. Besides, Obama is not a vile person as Trump is.

Last edited:
That's because there are some things that are right and wrong, there is no grey area. The way Trump treats people and the way he acts is vile. And if you disagree with that, then either you are wrong or you yourself don't understand right from wrong. Again, there is room to disagree on policy and politics. There is not room to disagree on certain behaviors.

Yes Zeke, But none of those things should really bother you. They don’t effect you on a personal level. If you never heard of Trump again your life would not change.
I have something called empathy. When other people are hurt, I hurt. When my friends are discriminated against, I hurt. The part of that which effects me somewhat is in the classroom, where I still am occasionally , and I hear kids use his name to tell other kids they are being deported, go back to their own country, etc.

Nope, it isn't the same at all. Virtually all criticism of Obama was directed at his policies, not Obama as a person: Obamacare, dropping sanctions against Iran and paying them millions of dollars, the war in Syria. But there was never any criticism of Obama as a person like the venom and bile against Trump that we see on this forum on a daily basis.
Nonsense. Were you even around then? If so you're either blind or have a memory issue.

I’ll never fully understand all the hate by the loving, free thinking, tolerant left.

I am heading to the golf course with classic rock blaring on Pandora and a :)on my face. Gotta a member guest to win today.

Peace and love to all.

This thread was not started by the posters from the left. It was an "honest question" that drew honest replies. I have never liked Donald Trump. But I don't blame him for being our President. That's on the GOP.

Antifa and more
Antifa (anti-fascists) aren't evil. They fight evil.

Hitler couldn't have happened if someone had stood up to his Brownshirts. These days they call themselves the Alt-Right, but it's the same idea. Armed, violent thugs looking to intimidate anyone who opposes them. Antifa is a bunch of kids standing up to them.

I think these kids are great Americans, and I'm extremely grateful for them. In fact, if Antifa was a formal organization I'd give financial support, and if I was 30 years younger I might very well join them on streets.

I would like to hear what you dislike the most about President Trump. Please leave out that he lies, but the real things you hate about him.

Everything. I literally cannot think of a single good characteristic- except that he knows how to manipulate people and their emotions. And in that context, even that’s a bad thing. I’ve never seen a more self-absorbed, clueless person. That has a really visious mean streak on top of all of that.

Before his children were exposed for who they really are, I might’ve said his kids were the best thing about him. But, that fantasy is gone.

If I had to pick 1, it’s a tie. His blatant racism and his inability to tell the truth. But, again, those are two characteristics among many that make him a horrible person that’s uttelry unqualified to hold the office of the presidency.

As much as the right loathed Obama, it’s much more intense on the left re: Trump. And, it’s actually for legitimate, documentable reasons re: Trump. The criticisms of Obama largely centered on his policies- and that’s perfectly fine- but at least he respected the office.

In short, I struggle to see how folks can still support him- just based on the constant lying and inability to treat the office with respect. Never mind all the other things he’s done.

Reactions: MrBing and MaxCoke

Peace and love to all.

Right is right. And wrong is wrong.

And the left is simply calling out wrong, and standing up for our democratic institutions. Somehow, the elected officials on the right like to complain in private, and acquiesce in public. A study in cowardice.

It’s not that complicated.

Put another way, there was criticisms of W- but they laregely centered on toture being used as a policy, and going to war based on doctored information. But even then, nothing approaches the level of vitriol re: Trump. And it makes perfect sense. Somebody has to stand up to this insanity, and since the right won’t, it MUST come from the left.

Again, your ability to just act like this is all normal blows me away. Don’t focus on the letter behind his name.

Start here if you want to understand the consternation from the left (and the elected officials on the right, in private anyway)- Focus on his actions. And after you do that, you’ll start to understand.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
You ever wonder why? Also, ur n a dream world right there with the birther crowd...never directed criticism at Obama “personally” what lying dreamworld are u n? Trump is an awful human being, use some common sense if u have any.

Stop equating antifa with white nationalists/Nazis/racists. They’re not remotely the same thing.

But I guess if that makes you feel better...

That’s insanity. And not close to reality. Trump rose to power within the party by spreading birtherism- which is based on overt racism, in an attempt to de-legitimize Obama. Because he was black.

You have a funny way of seeing the world.

Reactions: HoosierPeach
You focus on actions too, okay?

?

What the hell does that even mean?

Every criticism of Trump and his administrations’s actions have absolutely been based on his actions. Which are pretty damn unprecedented.

Just wait until the Mueller probe closes in on those close to him and ultimately him. His behavior is going to get even worse.

I would say the way he has destroyed common decency and brings out the absolute worse in people. I eagerly await his demise.

I am done. Won and have beaufiful bottle of Woodford Reserve inscribed “Champion” and a nice envelope of cash from the Calcutta.

So when you join the march are you wearing a black mask to hide your identity?

?

You’re out of your tree today. Must be confusing me with someone else- violence is NEVER the answer.

I’m going to chalk it up to the alcohol for you today.

You go ahead and give the thugs money. Maybe financial supporters can be prosecuted when they kill someone. The Marine office they vandalized can bill you for the damages.

You can be proud of supporting antifascists that are beating up folks that only show up for speeches on college campuses.

You mean "folks" who show up for speeches at college campuses with motorcycle helmets and baseball bats
You go ahead and give the thugs money. Maybe financial supporters can be prosecuted when they kill someone. The Marine office they vandalized can bill you for the damages.

You can be proud of supporting antifascists that are beating up folks that only show up for speeches on college campuses.

Will you hide your face behind a black mask when you march with them?

I hate the fact he is an awful human being and all his followers are zombie assholes who are ruining America. I hate the fact that people hear his words as an actual position to consider instead of the idiotic ramblings of a madman they really are. I hate the fact that so many Americans are dumb enough to be suckered in by his idiocy.
Who else is going to drain the swamp? Obama never did it. He added to it. I'd say Bush added to it too. The Trump voter is tired of politicians who are selling us out to foreign powers, and not putting America first. It's why MAGA is such a good slogan. We haven't had leaders who have done that. Trump is teaching people about trade deals. Which President has ever understood a good deal let alone explain it sufficiently to the public?

Narcissist-in-chief is directed at his policies? Calling him Obummer, Muslim, Kenyan was policy directed.
I'm not saying it didn't happen but it was nowhere near the level of vitriol that we're seeing against Trump.
Seriously? This is your argument? That’s like saying you don’t punish the kids in your class the same. One rarely does anything wrong. The other is constant problems. Trump deserves everything he gets and more. As does anyone that treats people the way he does. Just astonishing that you stick up for him. Bet you didn’t let your kids behave like the toddler in chief. .

I hate the fact he is an awful human being and all his followers are zombie assholes who are ruining America. I hate the fact that people hear his words as an actual position to consider instead of the idiotic ramblings of a madman they really are. I hate the fact that so many Americans are dumb enough to be suckered in by his idiocy.

Peace and love to all.
I’ll never understand how anyone decent can support him. I assume you are friends with people who make fun of the disabled? Got lots of buddies that are racist? Grab women by the p—-? Sexually abuse multiple women? Call everyone that doesn’t bow down to him juvenile names? Lies about obvious things each and every day. Admit it. You would never be friends with a person like that. Yet you support that person and can’t understand people that speak badly about him? The world is upset down. And history is going to look very unkindly on people that supported and covered up this gigantic shitshow.

Antifa (anti-fascists) aren't evil. They fight evil.

Hitler couldn't have happened if someone had stood up to his Brownshirts. These days they call themselves the Alt-Right, but it's the same idea. Armed, violent thugs looking to intimidate anyone who opposes them. Antifa is a bunch of kids standing up to them.

I think these kids are great Americans, and I'm extremely grateful for them. In fact, if Antifa was a formal organization I'd give financial support, and if I was 30 years younger I might very well join them on streets.

Will you hide your face behind a black mask when you march with them?[/

Seriously? This is your argument? That’s like saying you don’t punish the kids in your class the same. One rarely does anything wrong. The other is constant problems. Trump deserves everything he gets and more. As does anyone that treats people the way he does. Just astonishing that you stick up for him. Bet you didn’t let your kids behave like the toddler in chief. .

Do your kids talk like you and the lefties on here?
Not sure what you mean. They don’t make fun of the disable, make racist remarks, lie constantly or sexually abuse people. And they wouldn’t support anyone that did.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Who else is going to drain the swamp? Obama never did it. He added to it. I'd say Bush added to it too. The Trump voter is tired of politicians who are selling us out to foreign powers, and not putting America first. It's why MAGA is such a good slogan. We haven't had leaders who have done that. Trump is teaching people about trade deals. Which President has ever understood a good deal let alone explain it sufficiently to the public?
Van, do you really think Trump is draining the swamp? He has without question the most corrupt administration in recent history. I am starting to believe you’re just a troll. No one person can ignore facts like you do. Every single week we hear about more corruption. And you pretend he is draining the swamp? I really just can’t stop laughing at this post. I really appreciate Trump teaching me about how much money I’m losing with his great deals. I think you would do yourself a lot of good by finding an actual legitimate source of news, because you are truly embarrassing yourself here.

Reactions: cosmickid
Not sure what you mean. They don’t make fun of the disable, make racist remarks, lie constantly or sexually abuse people. And they wouldn’t support anyone that did.
What about Hillary’s e-mails?

LOL

lolwut?

I would like to hear what you dislike the most about President Trump. Please leave out that he lies, but the real things you hate about him.
What I hate most is that the amazing accomplishments of his administration have gone unpublicized and are, for the most part, unknown by a large segment of our society. Just one administration ago, both the positive and negative were known. Now, only the negative are spouted by the whiny leftist MSM. Great thing we still, for now, have other outlets for news.

Reactions: Quix0te and Lucy01
What I hate most is that the amazing accomplishments of his administration have gone unpublicized and are, for the most part, unknown by a large segment of our society. Just one administration ago, both the positive and negative were known. Now, only the negative are spouted by the whiny leftist MSM. Great thing we still, for now, have other outlets for news.
Not just this society. The entire world.
http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26...lics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT