ADVERTISEMENT

HOLY SHIT. Royal Rumble in Madison.

Exactly.

That scene needed a calming presence and Howard nearly went Ron Artest.

He should be gone.

But I won't be surprised if he isn't seeing as 1/3 of our country are impressed w such childish antics.

Not to mention somebody could get really hurt....

Enough w the dumb jock mentality in this country. Dumb jocks got that name for a reason. Not to be emulated.
I wonder if the harvard of the midwest will speak today on this. Word is they they will take it very serious. That's the message board rumors anyway from a very high up source

• Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
Jeez-not even any blood. I've seen worse at Little League games. No need to convene proceedings in The Hague.

My humble opinion: (disclaimer: I don't like Wisconsin's coaching style... albeit Football or Basketball... because they tend to run up the score at the end of games... when the score is way out of bounds).
Wisconsin was up by 16-20 with 2 minutes left in the game. Wisconsin comes down with plenty of time on the 35 second shot clock and drives the lane to score. Then another time... Hepburn (or whatever his name is) puts up a 3 pointer and the crowd goes crazy and the Wisky players are high fiveing.

OK.... I know I know..... you continue to play the game.... but in my opinion is unsportsmanlike to PILE IT ON when the game is well within hand and time running out.

Wisconsin isn't winning any favors in the Conference and there very well could be another brawl in the BTT if they continue to pull the bush league play like today.

Again.... that's my opinion.... I know others will differ and that's what this board is all about.... Opinions.
Nice post Mrs. Howard.

God you’re insufferable. Guess you don’t know the difference in writing on a stupid message board and working in your profession. You probably don’t know much about professionalism though, do you, Danny Boy? You’re probably as big a douche there as you are here.
Sounds like someone needs an umbrella drink!

Reactions: Crayfish57
I think Juwan Howard’s season is over. He might even be fired!

Hell, Woody Hayes was fired for hitting an opposing player wearing pads. And Woody was an old man half his size.
It’s little known that he was never fired from the university. He was employed by OSU until he died. His old office is in the ROTC building and is currently the NROTC conference room.

The contact with Wilkerson's head was later determined to be accidental. Only the press called it an intentional head-butt. Updated technology with slow motion cameras in high definition saw it as a slip on Knight's part as he went to yell in Sherron's face. Bob's forward momentum carried him into Wilkerson's noggin due to Bob's unusual foot alignment preventing more upright stability.

Seriously, who in their right mind goes around giving head-butts on purpose? Head-butts hurt head, not one, but two...two heads in one butt. It works both ways, hurting equally as much. When is the last time you head-butted your son to get his undivided attention? See what I mean? It didn't happen the way the press reported it. IU fans are doing Coach Knight a disservice by acting like he did. Knight said he slipped. Why believe what the press had to say about it with their agenda to magnify the faults of Knight at every possible opportunity? It was fake news accepted as Truth before all but the ignorant gullible even knew to question it. Wake up, people. Bob Knight is one of us!
Obviously an accident, but idiots still believe it was intentional.

My humble opinion: (disclaimer: I don't like Wisconsin's coaching style... albeit Football or Basketball... because they tend to run up the score at the end of games... when the score is way out of bounds).
Wisconsin was up by 16-20 with 2 minutes left in the game. Wisconsin comes down with plenty of time on the 35 second shot clock and drives the lane to score. Then another time... Hepburn (or whatever his name is) puts up a 3 pointer and the crowd goes crazy and the Wisky players are high fiveing.

OK.... I know I know..... you continue to play the game.... but in my opinion is unsportsmanlike to PILE IT ON when the game is well within hand and time running out.

Wisconsin isn't winning any favors in the Conference and there very well could be another brawl in the BTT if they continue to pull the bush league play like today.

Again.... that's my opinion.... I know others will differ and that's what this board is all about.... Opinions.

Michigan was chucking 3s while pushing their lead to almost 30 against Purdue in the final five minutes just two week ago. 🤣 Michigan was pressing Wisconsin’s backups and he’s mad because they called a timeout?!? Howard is simply a bitch. That’s all.

Last edited:
My man, I have an autographed photo of the chair throw(it was a gift) on the wall in my home “office” and coach obviously blew a fuse there. Is what it is.
I also have that picture in my man cave and an autographed picture of Knight (saw him speak in my 50th birthday). I also went to the same high school as Wilkerson (earlier than him) and know many that know him and even a couple that played with him. The verdict is unanimous - it was an accident.

I also have that picture in my man cave and an autographed picture of Knight (saw him speak in my 50th birthday). I also went to the same high school as Wilkerson (earlier than him) and know many that know him and even a couple that played with him. The verdict is unanimous - it was an accident.
Go Red Devils!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
The contact with Wilkerson's head was later determined to be accidental. Only the press called it an intentional head-butt. Updated technology with slow motion cameras in high definition saw it as a slip on Knight's part as he went to yell in Sherron's face. Bob's forward momentum carried him into Wilkerson's noggin due to Bob's unusual foot alignment preventing more upright stability.
That's pretty funny. "Updated technology?" "slow motion cameras in high definition?" HDTV was barely an infant when the head-butt occurred. There is absolutely no original footage of that in high def. And as someone who has spent his entire career as a video professional, I can tell you that if you convert standard def into high def, it doesn't improve anything. It doesn't improve frame rate for motion control, and it doesn't improve resolution. Nice try.

I wouldn't begin to weigh in on Knight's motivation, but your claim about updated video technology is complete BS. And blaming an "unusual foot alignment" is pretty funny as well.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
My man, I have an autographed photo of the chair throw(it was a gift) on the wall in my home “office” and coach obviously blew a fuse there. Is what it is.
OK... I get we've been at odds with each other. But I have the same framed autographed pic in my home. Used to be friends with an old former coach of Furman by the name of Nield Gordon. He also had a cup of coffee with the NBA back in the 50's. He got me an autographed pic at a coaches meeting about 15-20 years ago.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
That's pretty funny. "Updated technology?" "slow motion cameras in high definition?" HDTV was barely an infant when the head-butt occurred. There is absolutely no original footage of that in high def. And as someone who has spent his entire career as a video professional, I can tell you that if you convert standard def into high def, it doesn't improve anything. It doesn't improve frame rate for motion control, and it doesn't improve resolution. Nice try.

I wouldn't begin to weigh in on Knight's motivation, but your claim about updated video technology is complete BS. And blaming an "unusual foot alignment" is pretty funny as well.

You need to watch more TV.

parody-adult-swim.gif

With all those qualifications and credentials, I don't know how anybody can doubt you when it comes to literally anything.

you'd have to be invited to the man cave to prove the credentials exist.

I am firmly anti-"man cave" and any other silly supposed manliness nonsense.

I go where ever the f*** I wanna go in my house. Nobody sends me to some weird hole in the ground where only men are allowed. Nor do I wish to be in such a place.

When it's time for me to get my man on, the kids and wife just have to bear witness.

I go where ever the f*** I wanna go in my house. Nobody sends me to some weird hole in the ground where only men are allowed. Nor do I wish to be in such a place.

When it's time for me to get my man on, the kids and wife just have to bear witness.
spoken like a man who lives in Trailor

If you raised four daughters - as I did - it isn't a matter of being "sent" anywhere. It's a matter of maintaining your sanity in the midst of all that estrogen. Some days, a literal hole in the ground sounds like an attractive option. Self-preservation dictates a "man-cave" or some similar private space is a necessity as much as a luxury.

If you raised four daughters - as I did - it isn't a matter of being "sent" anywhere. It's a matter of maintaining your sanity in the midst of all that estrogen. Some days, a literal hole in the ground sounds like an attractive option. Self-preservation dictates a "man-cave" or some similar private space is a necessity as much as a luxury.

I need windows, man.

That’s a fact.

Correct. The term "man cave" is more accurately called, "anti-woman cave." It's not a banishment, it's a fortress.

Reactions: UncleMark

Two links for everyone who thinks that grabbing the elbow when going for the handshake is battery. First one shows that normally the two of them had “battered” each other on multiple occasions. Second one shows that so many coaches are guilty of starting fights but just got lucky the other coach didn’t throw a punch.

Two links for everyone who thinks that grabbing the elbow when going for the handshake is battery. First one shows that normally the two of them had “battered” each other on multiple occasions. Second one shows that so many coaches are guilty of starting fights but just got lucky the other coach didn’t throw a punch.
I certainly don’t think it’s battery but grabbing someone to stop them when they don’t want to stop is different than adding a second hand to the arm for a handshake. I would have removed his hand and warned him that the next time he put an unwanted hand on me I would break it. So in my book Howard was fine right up until he threw a punch at someone else. I would be curious as to what provoked the punch itself.

It was funny because that's the way I intended it be, pure sarcasm. I"ve posted here before to never take anything I say as being serious. In all seriousness (whatever that is) it was an accidental slip during Bob's bark in Sherron's face. Bob said it was when finally asked after the PR damage was already done. He's the only one who could know, but the mainstream press never reported it as such because it didn't fit their narrative. Sound familiar? It was fake news before fake news was commonplace.

Obviously an accident, but idiots still believe it was intentional.
People believe what they want to believe. For some, it gets into the realm of "fantasy world", which I hear can be a really neat place...balloons, unicorns, lollypops, whatever you want! It makes reality more tolerable when it's time for the cows to come home.

"Accidental slip?" I love BK as much as the next Hoosier fan, but c'mon.
Bob said it was. Would you rather believe the press who always hated him or the greatest coach in IU basketball history? Head-butts are not the thing you do to get one's undivided attention. The best way is direct screaming close to someone's face. Knight was a master at it. He didn't need no head-butt(sic). Sherron was startled and instinctively retracted his upper torso, away from Knight. Who wouldn't! Knight instinctively followed Sherron's lead, stumbling along the way. It's a simple law of physics, I'm just not sure which one.

You're not one who still believes Knight actually stuffed an obnoxious LSU fan into a Bourbon Street trash can, are you?

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT