ADVERTISEMENT

Holy crap...

Just saying that Joe Rogan isn’t where I would seek information about something like this, and the CDC and NIH have universally stated that the data from China has been notoriously unreliable. You seem under educated, however, so I’m sure it works for you.

haha. It wasn’t Rogan’s data. Just one of the world’s leading experts. Ya, that China data is bad but it’s not just in China anymore. Anyway, keep taking your silver tablets. All good.

This virus is here. People will die from it but most people who get it have mild symptoms. Simple as that.

It's also probably never going away. In a year or so it will just be one of the many flus and viruses we have to deal with every year. Hopefully a vaccine is developed soon.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
haha. It wasn’t Rogan’s data. Just one of the world’s leading experts. Ya, that China data is bad but it’s not just in China anymore. Anyway, keep taking your silver tablets. All good.
Uh, you claimed he cited Chinese outcomes. Are you as dumb as you regularly appear? Ferguson schools must suck.

Reactions: Radio Zero
It's also probably never going away. In a year or so it will just be one of the many flus and viruses we have to deal with every year. Hopefully a vaccine is developed soon.

Given that this first wave will bring society to its knees, if there is no vaccine then you can kiss civilization goodbye. We are looking at millions of deaths in the US over the next year if the projected rate of infection continues.

Reactions: russelltodd
Given that this first wave will bring society to its knees, if there is no vaccine then you can kiss civilization goodbye. We are looking at millions of deaths in the US over the next year if the projected rate of infection continues.
There are no infectious disease experts saying that.

Your take on the Wuhan virus doesn’t bother me. It’s your condescension and smugness that reveal you to be a terrible human being, but that’s something most of the regulars here already knew...

It doesn’t bother you? I had a suspicion science (or “book learnin” as you may know it) has never bothered you one little bit. Lol.

By regulars you mean you and the 8 dunces who compulsively share their precious feelz here daily? Ouchers. Lol.

Nice attempt at deflection. As usual, your lack of intellect betrays you. I’m sure it’s a regular occurrence for you.

Welp — back to all zzzzzzzzzzs from you. So we know IU basketball and infectious disease are two subjects you are gleefully ignorant about. Good job! Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Welp — back to all zzzzzzzzzzs from you. So we know IU basketball and infectious disease are two subjects you are gleefully ignorant about. Good job! Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
As I said, the Ferguson schools must be really poor. Maybe a tutor, if they’ve heard of that in your bigoted little outpost, would be helpful for your meager mind. I doubt it, but you could benefit.

Just saying that Joe Rogan isn’t where I would seek information about something like this, and the CDC and NIH have universally stated that the data from China has been notoriously unreliable. You seem under educated, however, so I’m sure it works for you.

Cant believe I’m wasting my time on Ordy, but I’m doing it anyway. Joe Rogan wasn’t giving out any info. He had on Michael Osterholm, an infectious disease expert. The expert gave out info as Joe listened and asked questions.

Reactions: hondo314 and YOTHN
This Chinese/Wuhan virus is over hyped. Hysteria fueled by the fake news media, and a corrupt WHO.

We'll look back on this later in the year and be embarrassed.

You can take off your tin foil hat. I promise that you will be ok.

I don’t know if this is real at this point, but people are saying Rudy Gobert tested positive for the Wuhan virus and the NBA is going to suspend the season.
The hysteria is unbelievable right now. Good luck finding a Dr that is panicked and not angry at the media misinformation driving the panic.

The hysteria is unbelievable right now. Good luck finding a Dr that is panicked and not angry at the media misinformation driving the panic.

Lol. You watch too much Dr. Pinskey. The media caused the China outbreak? Italy? Anything the media reports, is fake, even when proven 100% factual. It's so funny watching both political parties act so childish.

Due to it taking 5-14 days after infection before symptoms are recognized, the international CDC, (not liberal or right wing media) declared back in January that there is no way to quarantine it. The only way this virus stops is by the majority of people having become infected, cured and then immune to getting it; thereby, passing the infection on. Its definitely just like a severe flu but not being able to detect it early on is why it's a bigger deal.

So this virus is going to come full force and once China pulls people from quarantine, it will break out there again too. The main reason for keeping large groups away is so that there isn't one massive outbreak and hospitals can't support the patients that need it. To spread this out over a longer period is not great, it does limit the possible additional deaths. By having it spread faster, those fatality numbers we have seen will rise drastically. Otherwise, if we had a system that could support a pandemic, we would say let's all get it right away and be over it in a month.

Lol. You watch too much Dr. Pinskey. The media caused the China outbreak? Italy? Anything the media reports, is fake, even when proven 100% factual. It's so funny watching both political parties act so childish.

Due to it taking 5-14 days after infection before symptoms are recognized, the international CDC, (not liberal or right wing media) declared back in January that there is no way to quarantine it. The only way this virus stops is by the majority of people having become infected, cured and then immune to getting it; thereby, passing the infection on. Its definitely just like a severe flu but not being able to detect it early on is why it's a bigger deal.

So this virus is going to come full force and once China pulls people from quarantine, it will break out there again too. The main reason for keeping large groups away is so that there isn't one massive outbreak and hospitals can't support the patients that need it. To spread this out over a longer period is not great, it does limit the possible additional deaths. By having it spread faster, those fatality numbers we have seen will rise drastically. Otherwise, if we had a system that could support a pandemic, we would say let's all get it right away and be over it in a month.

they need to buy 3-6 months for a vaccine. The vaccine is key, until then prevention of spread is the goal. Makes sense to me.

yep, by far the biggest issue is that large fast outbreaks will overwhelm the medical system, meaning that people may die because they can’t get into hospitals for help and/or the hospitals might run out of drugs and supplies to treat the patients they do have. In Italy there have been hospitals that didn’t have enough ventilators for everyone that needed one. This also means that people that don’t have the virus but have other medical emergencies won’t get the best care either.

Reactions: YOTHN and BigMobe
Cant believe I’m wasting my time on Ordy, but I’m doing it anyway. Joe Rogan wasn’t giving out any info. He had on Michael Osterholm, an infectious disease expert. The expert gave out info as Joe listened and asked questions.
It’s about the viability of the data, sport. Not sure why even you can’t understand that basic issue.

This Chinese/Wuhan virus is over hyped. Hysteria fueled by the fake news media, and a corrupt WHO.

We'll look back on this later in the year and be embarrassed.

Too many fools out there saying this sort of thing...did you ever hear the phrase "out of an abundance of caution"?

Checked the news in Italy lately? They all thought it was the flu, too.

Stop being a fool.

The issue with swamping the hospitals is that we will not have beds for other emergencies and people will be dying from things beyond this virus. So it goes much deeper than just implications of the virus alone.

With that said, it is just a flu and as long as people act accordingly it's not the end of the world. We just need to take drastic precautions for now to slow the tide.

The issue with swamping the hospitals is that we will not have beds for other emergencies and people will be dying from things beyond this virus. So it goes much deeper than just implications of the virus alone.

With that said, it is just a flu and as long as people act accordingly it's not the end of the world. We just need to take drastic precautions for now to slow the tide.

Yes, it is exactly like the flu but except for a yearly vaccination and a way to treat it. Also it is 10 times deadlier than the flu and 16% of the people who become infected will become seriously ill. Also children usually show little symptoms but can spread it.

He just made some shit up like the media is doing.

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about the mortality rates (they have caveats that people don't look into deeper). The 0.1-0.5% rates for the flu correspond to deaths among people that are HOSPITALIZED for the flu. For anyone that is infected, its 0.01% or even lower.

It’s about the viability of the data, sport. Not sure why even you can’t understand that basic issue.

That's not what we're talking about here, but you know that. You responded about people "getting info from Joe Rogan". I pointed out that Rogan didn't give out info, and that an infectious disease expert gave out the info. That's it. It's not about the viability of the data, or any other BS you make up to deflect. It's about you not getting that Rogan gave out zero info. He simply provided a platform for an expert to give out info. I'm sure you get that, but you just can't ever accept you've made a mistake. You're totally wrong here and should stop digging, but you won't because you can't.

That's not what we're talking about here, but you know that. You responded about people "getting info from Joe Rogan". I pointed out that Rogan didn't give out info, and that an infectious disease expert gave out the info. That's it. It's not about the viability of the data, or any other BS you make up to deflect. It's about you not getting that Rogan gave out zero info. He simply provided a platform for an expert to give out info. I'm sure you get that, but you just can't ever accept you've made a mistake. You're totally wrong here and should stop digging, but you won't because you can't.
If you actually read the thread you would see that I did specifically say it was about the viability of the data. Your takes here are every bit as uninformed as they are on the football board. That you missed so badly regarding what happened with Ramsey show that clearly.

Ten times deadlier than the flu and no vaccine. This is very serious.
Which is one sixth the mortality rate they predicted a couple of weeks ago. And it is likely to drop even further as more cases are verified. The problem is that most current verified cases are from those most severely affected, elderly and immune suppressed. Nevertheless I do agree it is serious because of the lack of vaccine. That is the real problem. Because even if the mortality drops to just double the flu at two tenths of a percent, but the infection rate is 10 times that of the flu, we would have 600,000 - 1M fatalities.

Reactions: hondo314 and ams66
If you actually read the thread you would see that I did specifically say it was about the viability of the data. Your takes here are every bit as uninformed as they are on the football board. That you missed so badly regarding what happened with Ramsey show that clearly.

Ordy, you’re totally wrong as usual and this new character is now going on ignore with all your other iterations. Here’s what you typed:

“Just saying that Joe Rogan isn’t where I would seek information about something like this”
-Ordy

Now that I’ve shown you being a lying liar for the millionth time, you can eat a bag of dicks.

Ordy, you’re totally wrong as usual and this new character is now going on ignore with all your other iterations. Here’s what you typed:

“Just saying that Joe Rogan isn’t where I would seek information about something like this”
-Ordy

Now that I’ve shown you being a lying liar for the millionth time, you can eat a bag of dicks.
You’re an idiot who can’t read. Congrats on your achievement.

Which is one sixth the mortality rate they predicted a couple of weeks ago. And it is likely to drop even further as more cases are verified. The problem is that most current verified cases are from those most severely affected, elderly and immune suppressed. Nevertheless I do agree it is serious because of the lack of vaccine. That is the real problem. Because even if the mortality drops to just double the flu at two tenths of a percent, but the infection rate is 10 times that of the flu, we would have 600,000 - 1M fatalities.

The mortality rate is over 5% in Iran and Italy because the virus spread unchecked and the sick overwhelmed local hospitals, resulting in triage care that left certain patients to die. If the rate of infection is slowed the mortality rate will go down. The US is far behind on testing capacity and enforcing mitigation measures so expect the medical system to become overwhelmed.

I always enjoy threads like this - gives me a whole new list of morons to put on ignore

And to be clear, I have no issue with differing opinions on things. I do however have an issue when those opinions are completely uninformed, and in this case, flat out dangerous. Kudos

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT