ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Dusty May

Why? I like CMW and love that we hired an IU guy. We've had 2 shots at the Sweet 16 have been thoroughly blown out, this year with 2 first round NBA picks. He's arguably accomplished less than May.
Laughable because the draft hasn’t happened and I don’t expect TJD in the first round.

Everything else aside, this talk about losing with "two first-round picks" is pretty damn disingenuous. TJD is a great college player, but his current game doesn't suggest that he's going to be a star in the NBA. And you and I both know that JHS isn't going to be drafted because of the player he is right now. He's going to be drafted based on the player they think he will be in two or three years. How effective do you think the current JHS would have been in the NBA this year ? I'll answer it for you - he would have been adequate in the G-league which is the only place where he would have been playing. He wouldn't have seen 3 minutes per game at his current skill level on any NBA team. Your argument is bs, but it fits your butthurt narrative.
You make a lot of baseless assumptions, you ****ing old fart.

May would have credibility and energy on the recruiting trail unlike Woodson.

You make a lot of baseless assumptions, you ****ing old fart.

May would have credibility and energy on the recruiting trail unlike Woodson.
You mean the guy who brought in JHS and Reneau - and Newton for next year ? Yeah, he's sucked at it. If titles on this board were based on basketball knowledge, you would have to change yours to IUGEDman. Your ignorance of all things basketball is actually astounding. It's hard for me to believe someone who follows as closely as you can still be this fvcking clueless.

They were in the tourney the Covid year. No need to be disingenuous.
Maybe. But they hadn’t played a tournament game in 5 years. The cupboard obviously wasn’t bare but pretending Woodson was handed a golden ticket to success is obviously false too. TJD wasn’t this version of TJD until Woody coached him either.

Reactions: MrBing
You mean the guy who brought in JHS and Reneau - and Newton for next year ? Yeah, he's sucked at it. If titles on this board were based on basketball knowledge, you would have to change yours to IUGEDman. Your ignorance of all things basketball is actually astounding. It's hard for me to believe someone who follows as closely as you can still be this fvcking clueless.
You have no idea if Newton is any good and Reneau didn’t exactly light the world on fire. JHS was hit or miss all season. Bates has been a complete bust.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
You have no idea if Newton is any good and Reneau didn’t exactly light the world on fire. JHS was hit or miss all season. Bates has been a complete bust.
Now you're grasping. Why don't you light up a Marlboro and challenge some 12-year-old to a three-point shooting contest on your backyard court. The two of you might become fast friends and discover that your basketball IQs are similar.

Every squirrel finds a nut Shaka went to the final four then it took him 7 years to win one ncaa game slow your horses.

Maybe. But they hadn’t played a tournament game in 5 years. The cupboard obviously wasn’t bare but pretending Woodson was handed a golden ticket to success is obviously false too. TJD wasn’t this version of TJD until Woody coached him either.
No maybe, they were in the tourney. I never said it was the golden ticket, it just wasn’t a mess.

Last edited:
No maybe, they were in the tourney. I never said it was the golden ticket, it just wasn’t a mess.
What do you call it then lol? 5 straight conference seasons of .500 or below coming off a 12 win season. It’s not a mess because IU was likely a 10 or 11 seed in a hypothetical tournament that never existed two years prior to Woodson getting there?

Now you're grasping. Why don't you light up a Marlboro and challenge some 12-year-old to a three-point shooting contest on your backyard court. The two of you might become fast friends and discover that your basketball IQs are similar.
You keep calling me stupid but can’t even refute my arguments. Pathetic.

Nobody thought they’d be in the play in game last year either but there they were. In our minds, yes they were. But they were still playing on Wednesday in the big ten tournament. That doesn’t scream lock.

What do you call it then lol? 5 straight conference seasons of .500 or below coming off a 12 win season. It’s not a mess because IU was likely a 10 or 11 seed in a hypothetical tournament that never existed two years prior to Woodson getting there?
We went 12-15 because Archie sucked. Woodson took over a roster that had TJD, Race, and Franklin who were all upperclassmen. He lost Franklin, but replaced him with X. You’re clueless if you think that roster was a “mess”.

We went 12-15 because Archie sucked. Woodson took over a roster that had TJD, Race, and Franklin who were all upperclassmen. He lost Franklin, but replaced him with X. You’re clueless if you think that roster was a “mess”.
He inherited a group that had no clue how to win. How do you call a program that went 5 straights years without playing a tournament game anything but a mess, especially given the expectations at a place like Indiana?

He buys vials of piss from the Trump family to pour over his cheerios
Joe Biden Running GIF by Election 2020

How do you figure they were in the NCAA Tourney in 2020? The season was shutdown before the Big 10 Tourney was barely started. There was no NCAA selection process & so no NCAA Ricketts were established, thus no tournament. You're probably one of those that claim IU didn't win a NCAA Tourney game last because it was a "playing game". The win win went into the NCAA Tourney record books. If that's not a win, what is?

How do you figure they were in the NCAA Tourney in 2020? The season was shutdown before the Big 10 Tourney was barely started. There was no NCAA selection process & so no NCAA Ricketts were established, thus no tournament. You're probably one of those that claim IU didn't win a NCAA Tourney game last because it was a "playing game". The win win went into the NCAA Tourney record books. If that's not a win, what is?
Of course play in games don’t count. You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking they do. Go to bed and ask god to forgive you.

Lets just see what happens with Woodson these next 2-3 years. The problem is, you take a team like FAU and think how they would have fared in the BIG. Would they even gone over .500 to even make the tournament. I dont think there should be a hurry to hire May. He will most likely get an offer to a bigger school. Let's see what he does with that and see how Woodson does. It's kind of exciting to have May and Michael Lewis out there with Coach Knight ties as before we had Dachich and Alford and of course Woodson.

TJD went from second team all Big ten to consensus All American. It was more than covid that kept him out of the draft last year. I sure hope that that is not lost on JHS this year.

Lets just see what happens with Woodson these next 2-3 years. The problem is, you take a team like FAU and think how they would have fared in the BIG. Would they even gone over .500 to even make the tournament. I dont think there should be a hurry to hire May. He will most likely get an offer to a bigger school. Let's see what he does with that and see how Woodson does. It's kind of exciting to have May and Michael Lewis out there with Coach Knight ties as before we had Dachich and Alford and of course Woodson.
He won’t get 2-3.years at age 65 and with 4 years left on his contract. Dolson and MW will have to agree to something (likely either an extension or retirement) well before then.

And with a $12 million buyout ($4.5 million a year from now) it’s not like May, or Lewis, or any other coach is headed to Bloomington any time soon. Especially on the heels of a $10.35 million buyout of the previous coach 24 months ago.

Last edited:
This time next season when IU is 13-17 7-13 in B1G we will have this conversation again.

Next year's team will be better than this year's was.

Woodson will have so much portal juice. He gets to build the roster how he wants now.

Happy for Dusty, but he needs to put a much bigger resume together if he wants to be a candidate when Woodson decides to retire.

Reactions: Willdog7
Why? I like CMW and love that we hired an IU guy. We've had 2 shots at the Sweet 16 have been thoroughly blown out, this year with 2 first round NBA picks. He's arguably accomplished less than May.
May did shit his first to years.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT