ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, its almost Christmas and I just want to unload on you folks

My parents were reasonable Goldwater conservatives who were appalled by Nixon, loved Reagan, and thought GHWB was a disappointment. Then came Rush Limbaugh and Fox. They soon became hateful, spiteful, conspiracy-ridden nutbars.
My in-laws are only Fox News and Rushers. I’ve recently come to find out, after my kid’s wrestling meet, what I’ve always suspected about them: they’re closet racists and as they get older they’re coming out of the closet.

My in-laws are only Fox News and Rushers. I’ve recently come to find out, after my kid’s wrestling meet, what I’ve always suspected about them: they’re closet racists and as they get older they’re coming out of the closet.
My parents were products of their generation (the Greatest one). Yes, they harbored broad general prejudices, but actually grew out of much of that simply by interacting with blacks and gays and other assorted "others", especially in their later years. That said, I'm sure there was a racial component to their visceral hatred of Obama, but I suspect much more of it came from their constant exposure to hate radio and hate TV (i.e. Rush and Fox).

My parents were products of their generation (the Greatest one). Yes, they harbored broad general prejudices, but actually grew out of much of that simply by interacting with blacks and gays and other assorted "others", especially in their later years. That said, I'm sure there was a racial component to their visceral hatred of Obama, but I suspect much more of it came from their constant exposure to hate radio and hate TV (i.e. Rush and Fox).
It is hard for me to imagine anyone with a visceral hatred of someone so decent as Obama.

Reactions: sglowrider
What's much more applicable to the topic is with the atrocious and irresponsible manner the boomer generation has managed the nation's financial situation, which greatly cripples the ability of future generations to respond to all sorts of upcoming challenges.... environment and otherwise.

WOAT and it isn't debatable.

Why is that really important when you know what anyone and everyone is really talking about is anthropogenic global warming? If everyone used AGW in their discussion....rather than 'climate change'....would that end your need to debate the nuance of the chosen term?

Perhaps. But my sense of the debate is that for many AGW is all there is to know about climate change and what the policy response should be. Mixed in with that is overstated consequenes and fear.

So . . . . you are talking about how you feel about Trump. I understand. As I said often, I think the effect Trump has on policy is by in large beneficial. My feelings about him aren't very relevant to that.

No, that is not what I said. I am voicing criticism of people who elected, and continue to support, a president with illogical beliefs and positions.

No, that is not what I said. I am voicing criticism of people who elected, and continue to support, a president with illogical beliefs and positions.

Tillerson's comments are to point, Trump does not read his briefings. Co is thrilled a guy who us willfully uninformed is doing what he wants. I would ask what that says about those positions? "Support X, the grossly uninformed do" is a stirring rally cry.

Reactions: SSB
But for man, would climate change happen? I think it is fair for you to say that man is among the causes of climate change. CO2 and methane is one of the ways that happens. It's also possible if the earth wants to enter a cooling phase, man is retarding climate change.

Let’s get back on track. My post was about supporting illogical positions. One example was climate change, as our population increases, as countries like India and China build out their grid CO2 production increases. I won’t bother with the other causes again, you know them as well as I do. The logical analysis is that climate change is a distinct possibility. I am mystified by people who’s reaction is that it couldn’t happen and ignore the possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT