ADVERTISEMENT

Harris/Walz interview

Ridiculous. The idea of constables or a police force is at least as old as Augustus Caesar. There would be police forces with or without the North American slave trade. Are you saying black Americans can’t grasp that fact?

Whatever tenuous relationship there may be between southern slave patrols forming a couple of the first police forces in the south has no bearing on today. And assuredly no bearing on Rodney King in NYC, Watts riots in LA, Floyd in Minnesota,

When most major urban police forces are majority minority it gives the lie trying to trying to make this a racial phenomenon And people that actually think in the year 2024 there is any serious issue to be remedied between police forces and black Americans are not living in reality.

To the extent there is an issue it’s that blacks commit too much crime and have the misperception that they are somehow subject to discriminatory police practices.

Being from Chicago I'm sure you're aware of the 1919 race riot that supposedly started when a black teenage swam into white only waters and was killed which set off a riot.

Per your other points my understanding is the country didn't really have a common, organized and logistical police force like what came about after the slave patrols were banished. Rural particularly southern cities turned them into the start of the modern concept of local police organizations. The concept of Slave patrols grew in the share cropper movement and was basically hired white dudes who would bounty hunt and chase down run away slaves. Those Slave Patrols were given badges with stars on them that look awfully familiar.

Also historically police want to be treated with the same respect as military. The big difference is to go through military training is a big accomplishment and requires a large number of hours. For most cops, their training is around 600 hours which is less than what a hair stylish has to go through. Also there is no education requirement to be a cop. Not saying that's an issue, just saying that uneducated and untrained hours is a good predictor for mistakes to happen.

Anyway, you can't force a community to believe what you want them to, you have to prove and show. I've joked that police forces should be 100% African American made up and that got a really fired up and scared reaction which is another beef that comes up, particularly from the black Panthers in the 60's.

That is a black community wants to be policed by community residents....not some suburban white dude. They also asked for a legit jury of their peers in courts vs a predominantly white justice of the peace and white jury in the 60's.

So yeah, these grievances have been made many times over the years so when I saw a white buzcutted cop pressing his knee on a captive black dude long enough that the black dude died....I wasn't and no one should have been surprised at the reaction from that community.

Which leads to the second part, as a political leader do you bring the hammers and kill more from the community that's reacting to a known and believed trope or do you handle with kid gloves?

It also didn't help that the police release was a total cover our ass. It wasn't until a video was released that showed just how dishonest the police report was which again, fueled the anger.

Anyway chances are they'll be another situation involving a cop killed a black dude.

One push being raised is to have cops keep their body cameras on at all times but they don't like that. For example there was a case in South Bend of a cop killed a black dude and the cop turned his body cam off so there was no recording. The cop (who was white) said he was attacked by the black dude. I only know of this cuz this was one of the big Buttigieg news stories and how he struggled with the black community because to them, he had a racist cop force and didn't fix it which led to Eric Logan's murder.

So yeah, there's a history in this story that the next time it happens we'll likely see another riot unless we are able to remedy that historical grievance.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
with a straight face you are really going to tell us that policing was the same for blacks and whites between the end of slavery and, if you want to be generous, the 1960s?

man, some of you guys really want to rewrite history to defend your current politics, though I admire your simplicity.

For me the fascinating development after the 13th amendment was how we took advantage of its wording and grew prison labor by passing so many new laws that had police tasked with bringing in blacks to be arrested under these new laws and brought to the justice of the piece who was incentivized to send to prison where businesses could force them like slaves to do labor that they weren't paid much for doing.

It basically was how we got around using slave labor to now incentivized to use prison labor.

Actually the reconstruction time in this country is pretty fascinating. We tend to skip it completely in history as we jump from the Civil War to the great depression (even skipping WW1).

Today the privatization of prisons is irritating a nerve from the prison labor exploitation of the reconstruction era.

Then he’s in for another L. It’s clear as day he can’t change. I think Trump can still win if conservatives would get out of their damn feelings, put on their big boy pants and understand this is an do or die election. One Trump MUST win. Stop the infighting and get behind Trump. Act like a Trumper in an effort to save our country.

That’s not going to happen though. Our country is too damned soft. We’ll comply ourselves into becoming the UK. Free speech gone. Guns gone. Individual choices gone. Violent criminals on the streets. “Hate speech” criminals locked up. Social credit scores implemented. Etc. We suck.

Thanks Bloom.

Conservatives? LOL. Trump is the furthest thing from conservative that the Republican Party has ever nominated.

He's also a felon 34 times over, a rapist, a pathological liar, a Putin/dictator wannabe, a HORRIBLE business man, he talks about border security, but shut down a Republican led border bill because if it passed it would hurt his electoral chances. He's a serial cheater on his 3 (!) wives, he shits his pants and everyone around him says he stinks. He paints himself ORANGE and has hair that looks like piss flavored cotton candy. He's obese and ugly, but calls everyone else ugly. He was on the Lolita Express 7 times...and probably flew down there on his own jet many other times. He suggested injecting people with bleach to eliminate COVID.

The guy is a total loser. And you fools want him to be back in the White House?

Being from Chicago I'm sure you're aware of the 1919 race riot that supposedly started when a black teenage swam into white only waters and was killed which set off a riot.

Per your other points my understanding is the country didn't really have a common, organized and logistical police force like what came about after the slave patrols were banished. Rural particularly southern cities turned them into the start of the modern concept of local police organizations. The concept of Slave patrols grew in the share cropper movement and was basically hired white dudes who would bounty hunt and chase down run away slaves. Those Slave Patrols were given badges with stars on them that look awfully familiar.

Also historically police want to be treated with the same respect as military. The big difference is to go through military training is a big accomplishment and requires a large number of hours. For most cops, their training is around 600 hours which is less than what a hair stylish has to go through. Also there is no education requirement to be a cop. Not saying that's an issue, just saying that uneducated and untrained hours is a good predictor for mistakes to happen.

Anyway, you can't force a community to believe what you want them to, you have to prove and show. I've joked that police forces should be 100% African American made up and that got a really fired up and scared reaction which is another beef that comes up, particularly from the black Panthers in the 60's.

That is a black community wants to be policed by community residents....not some suburban white dude. They also asked for a legit jury of their peers in courts vs a predominantly white justice of the peace and white jury in the 60's.

So yeah, these grievances have been made many times over the years so when I saw a white buzcutted cop pressing his knee on a captive black dude long enough that the black dude died....I wasn't and no one should have been surprised at the reaction from that community.

Which leads to the second part, as a political leader do you bring the hammers and kill more from the community that's reacting to a known and believed trope or do you handle with kid gloves?

It also didn't help that the police release was a total cover our ass. It wasn't until a video was released that showed just how dishonest the police report was which again, fueled the anger.

Anyway chances are they'll be another situation involving a cop killed a black dude.

One push being raised is to have cops keep their body cameras on at all times but they don't like that. For example there was a case in South Bend of a cop killed a black dude and the cop turned his body cam off so there was no recording. The cop (who was white) said he was attacked by the black dude. I only know of this cuz this was one of the big Buttigieg news stories and how he struggled with the black community because to them, he had a racist cop force and didn't fix it which led to Eric Logan's murder.

So yeah, there's a history in this story that the next time it happens we'll likely see another riot unless we are able to remedy that historical grievance.
Honest question. How do you remedy a historical grievance? Change history?

Cops are overwhelmingly supportive of body cameras. In today’s media environment it’s probably their best defense against unfair prosecution, especially in major metros with city governments who are hostile to them. It’s not my experience “cops want to be treated with the same respect as military” whatever that means. If you’re getting into either profession to command respect you probably should look elsewhere. That’s an unfair characterization of police officers.

You can cherry pick stories from South Bend (I’m not familiar) or George Floyd (I don’t believe he was murdered) but the data are the data and they don’t show a discriminatory use of force by race.

Ivory tower liberals like to offer expository on the history of policing in America and the effects we still feel today. It’s 99% horseshit.

A. I promise you 15-40 year old black males committing crime are not familiar with said history

B. If they reach the conclusion that distrust and disrespect for police is warranted after learning said history that is both wrong headed and counter productive.

Last edited:
A. I promise you 15-40 year old black males committing crime are not familiar with said history

B. If they reach the conclusion that distrust and disrespect for police is warranted after learning said history that is both wrong headed and counter productive.

you're either not creative or smart enough draw a line from the past to now? you aren't very good at this.

what happened to our parents and grandparents has great impact on who we are now. all of us. from accumulated wealth to property to job opportunities to education to the way we view the world (including police). generations aren't born and raised in vacuums.

you should check out some of the data on grandparents and socioeconomic mobility. spend a day with it. you won't, but you should.

what happened to our parents and grandparents has great impact on who we are now. all of us. from accumulated wealth to property to job opportunities to education to the way we view the world (including police). generations aren't born and raised in vacuums.
Agreed. Those things are also immutable. So serve as little more than excuse making or context when trying to wrestle with the problems of today.

Agreed. Those things are also immutable. So serve as little more than excuse making or context when trying to wrestle with the problems of today.
false. you don't know how humans work. sad but you have a lot to say about it. I mean, a lot. even more sad.

false. you don't know how humans work. sad but you have a lot to say about it. I mean, a lot. even more sad.
Thanks for the tap out. Given the amount you bark on this board I was expecting some kind of bite.

But alas, behind your condescending and arrogant veneer is well….. nothing.

A sad little boy.

Reactions: jet812 and Lucy01
Thanks for the tap out. Given the amount you bark on this board I was expecting some kind of bite.

But alas, behind your condescending and arrogant veneer is well….. nothing.

A sad little boy.

whatever you say, my dude. good luck with the quantity over quality approach.

Conservatives? LOL. Trump is the furthest thing from conservative that the Republican Party has ever nominated.

He's also a felon 34 times over, a rapist, a pathological liar, a Putin/dictator wannabe, a HORRIBLE business man, he talks about border security, but shut down a Republican led border bill because if it passed it would hurt his electoral chances. He's a serial cheater on his 3 (!) wives, he shits his pants and everyone around him says he stinks. He paints himself ORANGE and has hair that looks like piss flavored cotton candy. He's obese and ugly, but calls everyone else ugly. He was on the Lolita Express 7 times...and probably flew down there on his own jet many other times. He suggested injecting people with bleach to eliminate COVID.

The guy is a total loser. And you fools want him to be back in the White House?
Felon. Hilarious. None of what you said is true. None.

You have TDS.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Felon. Hilarious. None of what you said is true. None.

You have TDS.
Your Trump Devotion Syndrome prevents you from acknowledging uncomfortable facts about your Lord T. Your TDS is almost as bad as dbm's TDS. If Trump asked you to lick his shoes, would you?

Honest question. How do you remedy a historical grievance? Change history?

Cops are overwhelmingly supportive of body cameras. In today’s media environment it’s probably their best defense against unfair prosecution, especially in major metros with city governments who are hostile to them. It’s not my experience “cops want to be treated with the same respect as military” whatever that means. If you’re getting into either profession to command respect you probably should look elsewhere. That’s an unfair characterization of police officers.

You can cherry pick stories from South Bend (I’m not familiar) or George Floyd (I don’t believe he was murdered) but the data are the data and they don’t show a discriminatory use of force by race.

Ivory tower liberals like to offer expository on the history of policing in America and the effects we still feel today. It’s 99% horseshit.

Good post, appreciate it.

With history I think starts from a basic understanding and acknowledgement but, we've always have a difficult time with that as a country from those who see it as being offended. Reminds me of when my grandfather passed in 2002 and conversations about our racial historical past would come around to people asking me 'how would you like it if you're grandfather was called and got known as a racist!!' which made me laugh because for one, he loved and supported the hell out of me and was a classic, solid grandfather that I was lucky to have but, I wouldn't have been surprised in the least if we found a Grand Wizard uniform in his dress closet because yeah, he outspokenly hated black people or as he commonly called them 'dumb, lazy n#$$ers' so no, he was a part of a generation that openly despised minority blacks and made the same arguments about forced segregation that were common. In other words I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was in Alabama throwing rocks at black students being segregated. So no, that's who he was. That was a major mindset of our history. It's okay to acknowledge and better understand that. Actually it's pretty important to understand in my opinion as it explains a lot of the reactions and situations that we see today....like the police historically being seen as just paid white goons keeping the black communities in line by violence and intimidation.

I think another issue that I think you're leaning into is the belief that we (the perception of power) just tell the community how they are supposed to act towards the police knowing or not knowing the historical relationship that has been formed with its belief and we should be frustrated if they push back on that.

I mean hell you see it with Maga every day in comments of 'the deep state' or 'two sides of justice' or 'institutional indoctrination' etc. That's okay to be freaked out about but black communities better show respect towards our chosen police (back to the desire to be respected at the same level as our military service) even if they don't live or are not from the community, which again was a big grievance that helped form the black panther movement and is still probably a core tenet that has formed social justice movements like BLM.

Again and issue being assimilation or not seeing the power structure enforcement the same way. How to remedy that is not known but acknowledging, identifying and being seen as an ally of that community is probably a step that needs to be taken and focused on I would think.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ahh yes, the sad story of Saint Eric. Misunderstood drug dealer caught breaking into cars at 3 AM.

Ahh yes, the sad story of Saint Eric. Misunderstood drug dealer caught breaking into cars at 3 AM.
I hope he is in heaven with Saint Michael of Fentanyl, shoplifting and resisting arrest and Saint Marquette of drunk driving and resisting arrest.

Prerecorded (CNN billed as live) hour long interview edited to 18 minutes. 30% of what Harris had to say was usable. And that 30% had zero substance. She’s running on a vibe. Unreal. Wake up people.

What did we learn?

Harris values haven’t changed and Walz has bad grammar.
Non issue trump and Project 2025.

Trump has nothing to with Project 2025.
Keep on thinking that. He visited the Mothers of Liberty at their convention. He had the leader of Heritage at his house. You are right ,he has nothing to do with Project 2025. You are in a cult, you believe everything trump says.

No. The problem is people care WAY too much about feelings and vibes vs actually policies that affect us all. People have been dumbed down to the point where many can’t think beyond what they feel. It’s weak and sad. If Kamala wins we’re in trouble. Aurora Colorado will come to a city near you. We may be screwed regardless.
💯 great post!
People don’t look at or understand the issues and what each candidate will do for the country.
We need to drill for oil in the US, quit depending on other countries. We have more than enough oil in this country!
This will bring gas prices down, which is what drives our economy.
Which candidate will do this?

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT