ADVERTISEMENT

Haley is excellent in . . .

1 v 1 is what any opponent of his needs to have any chance. It’s what they failed to do in 2016.

We’ll see if it’s early enough for her or if he’s inevitable.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
She’d be excellent on The View.
I don't ever watch the show, but if they were looking for a solid conservative Republican, she'd fit. However, she's got a Presidential race to win. Shame is according to the polling she'd tromp Biden and probably any other Democrat and Trumpsters won't dump Trump. Trump would be in a squeaker with Biden and lose Bigly if he has a felony conviction - and he's facing 91 of them. Any conviction takes the race from squeaker to double digit Biden win. Trumpsters would rather have four more years of Biden than come to their senses and back a Republican that looks like a definite winner.

I don't ever watch the show, but if they were looking for a solid conservative Republican, she'd fit. However, she's got a Presidential race to win. Shame is according to the polling she'd tromp Biden and probably any other Democrat and Trumpsters won't dump Trump. Trump would be in a squeaker with Biden and lose Bigly if he has a felony conviction - and he's facing 91 of them. Any conviction takes the race from squeaker to double digit Biden win. Trumpsters would rather have four more years of Biden than come to their senses and back a Republican that looks like a definite winner a Republican.
FIFY

I don't ever watch the show, but if they were looking for a solid conservative Republican, she'd fit. However, she's got a Presidential race to win. Shame is according to the polling she'd tromp Biden and probably any other Democrat and Trumpsters won't dump Trump. Trump would be in a squeaker with Biden and lose Bigly if he has a felony conviction - and he's facing 91 of them. Any conviction takes the race from squeaker to double digit Biden win. Trumpsters would rather have four more years of Biden than come to their senses and back a Republican that looks like a definite winner.
I don't think a felony conviction will matter to his base or anyone who would consider voting for him.

which is pretty crazy.

sexual assault... not a deal breaker
cheating on wife... not a deal breaker
juvenile name calling.. not a deal breaker
insurrection... not a deal breaker
felony...not a deal breaker

Before Trump, I would guess if Americans were polled, that the vast majority of both parties would claim that list would all qualify (or at least mostly qualify) as a deal breaker for a candidate.

which is pretty crazy.

Before Trump, I would guess if Americans were polled, that the vast majority of both parties would claim that list would all qualify (or at least mostly qualify) as a deal breaker for a candidate.
Would you vote for DeSantis?

This particular primary could end up winning the race for Biden in November.

Trump won't be able to help himself, he'll be his chauvinistic asshole self here soon enough...and he'll turn away one of the main segments that voted him out in 2020...suburban women.

In a race that, right now, seems to be a toss up between Biden and Trump...all other things equal, how long Haley challenges him, and how Trump handles that challenge, could determine whether he has a chance in November.

She isn't going to beat Trump...but she can end his chances for winning in November if she wants to push the primary race long enough.

What's the outcome if Manchin runs on a 3rd party ticket or Michelle Obama gets into the race?
Both are possible!

This particular primary could end up winning the race for Biden in November.

Trump won't be able to help himself, he'll be his chauvinistic asshole self here soon enough...and he'll turn away one of the main segments that voted him out in 2020...suburban women.

In a race that, right now, seems to be a toss up between Biden and Trump...all other things equal, how long Haley challenges him, and how Trump handles that challenge, could determine whether he has a chance in November.

She isn't going to beat Trump...but she can end his chances for winning in November if she wants to push the primary race long enough.
I think you guys are sadly deluding yourselves. Who are these Trump voters who will suddenly be turned away when they find out he's a criminal and a sexist? They already know he's those things, and they don't care.

which is pretty crazy.

So much winning.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
which is pretty crazy.

I honestly wonder what WOULD be a deal breaker. I'd guess nothing is a deal breaker for the people who think he was ordained by God to save Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith's 'Murica, which, unfortunately is most of his voting block.

Reactions: MaxCoke
which is pretty crazy.

I honestly wonder what WOULD be a deal breaker. I'd guess nothing is a deal breaker for the people who think he was ordained by God to save Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith's 'Murica, which, unfortunately is most of his voting block.
We'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way

There’s no reason to collocate Greenwood with Keith. Greenwood made a super wholesome song that could be anthem-material. Keith is a scum bag hillbilly that writes songs about shit he’d never do (aka go to war).

Reactions: hoosboot
It is pretty obvious that nothing is a deal breaker for most of his followers.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Trump isn't even being charged with inciting anything on Jan 6 so that poll I linked above is pretty damning.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Do you feel that kind of loyalty is something to be proud of?
Trump hasn't committed any serious crimes unlike many others in politics. If he had then yes it would be concerning. The 2016 Russian collusion hoax, stealing 2020, taking bribes from foreign countries, intentionally allowing millions of illegals into the country, etc. Those are all things that should impact people's vote. Not requesting a serious audit of 2020 or taking a document from the WH that every President does.

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
I think you guys are sadly deluding yourselves. Who are these Trump voters who will suddenly be turned away when they find out he's a criminal and a sexist? They already know he's those things, and they don't care.
But "Trump voters" are not enough to win. He needs Independents, particularly in the suburbs of "battleground states" like PA,GA,MI etc... His bagging about "ending Roe" as well as his legal circumstances will play a negative role with those type of voters.

31% of conservative, hard right Iowa caucus voters said a felony conviction would disqualify Trump of being POTUS. That's a RED state, and the number will be magnified among more centrist Republicans in battleground states.

The GOP has suffered unanimous losses in every non-Red state election since Dobbs,and that wasn't even with Trump at the top of the ballot. The only way Biden loses is if Dems stay home (like 2016), and the Biden campaign will work hard to ensure that doesn't happen. They will focus on making the race a binary choice between Biden and Trump, not some common sense GOP nominee.

Trump's hardcore base will remain loyal, but Trump's support among more centrist,Independent voters will wither away the more exposure Americans get to his special band of crazy. And we haven't even seen what VP choice he will make.

Polls are one thing, people can say anything. What were all your polls saying days before the 2022 midterms, much less 9 months out?

Are you going to continue to embarrass yourself by posting these tweets non stop up until election day? Did you get a single thing right in all your predictions about the 2022 midterms? Or the 2020 election itself, for that matter?

Trump hasn't committed any serious crimes unlike many others in politics. If he had then yes it would be concerning. The 2016 Russian collusion hoax, stealing 2020, taking bribes from foreign countries, intentionally allowing millions of illegals into the country, etc. Those are all things that should impact people's vote. Not requesting a serious audit of 2020 or taking a document from the WH that every President does.
Trump has committed numerous serious crimes but you just think it's all hoaxes and fake news.

Reactions: MaxCoke
But "Trump voters" are not enough to win. He needs Independents, particularly in the suburbs of "battleground states" like PA,GA,MI etc... His bagging about "ending Roe" as well as his legal circumstances will play a negative role with those type of voters.

31% of conservative, hard right Iowa caucus voters said a felony conviction would disqualify Trump of being POTUS. That's a RED state, and the number will be magnified among more centrist Republicans in battleground states.

The GOP has suffered unanimous losses in every non-Red state election since Dobbs,and that wasn't even with Trump at the top of the ballot. The only way Biden loses is if Dems stay home (like 2016), and the Biden campaign will work hard to ensure that doesn't happen. They will focus on making the race a binary choice between Biden and Trump, not some common sense GOP nominee.

Trump's hardcore base will remain loyal, but Trump's support among more centrist,Independent voters will wither away the more exposure Americans get to his special band of crazy. And we haven't even seen what VP choice he will make.
Same problem. Who are these "independents" who don't yet know what he is? Everyone has already decided on Trump. Suddenly being convicted isn't going to change a damn thing.

GOP leaders, Trump, MAGA nation...they all better hope that Trump winning NH and South Carolina chases Haley out of the primary before Trump says too many damaging things towards Haley/women in general?

The longer she's in the race against Trump, the less chance he has against Biden in the fall.

Reactions: hoosboot
Same problem. Who are these "independents" who don't yet know what he is? Everyone has already decided on Trump. Suddenly being convicted isn't going to change a damn thing.
Everyone knows who he is. There are still millions that don't like him, but see him as the better alternative to Biden.

A long primary campaign with him calling Haley all the very creative, and chauvinistic names he can think of...will erode a big chunk of those non MAGA voters that might have voted for him (as a vote against Biden), otherwise.

Everyone knows who he is. There are still millions that don't like him, but see him as the better alternative to Biden.

A long primary campaign with him calling Haley all the very creative, and chauvinistic names he can think of...will erode a big chunk of those non MAGA voters that might have voted for him (as a vote against Biden), otherwise.
I don't agree. I don't think Trump can lower his own reputation any more. It's up to Biden to find reasons for people to vote for him, instead of just against Trump, at this point.

I don't agree. I don't think Trump can lower his own reputation any more. It's up to Biden to find reasons for people to vote for him, instead of just against Trump, at this point.
Could be...

But I think you discount the power of the "vote against Trump". It led to a historic turnout in 20', and its why he lost.

Right now, people are largely numb to it all... I think a few months of Trump free styling against Haley will wake a fair amount of people up.

Could be...

But I think you discount the power of the "vote against Trump". It led to a historic turnout in 20', and its why he lost.

Right now, people are largely numb to it all... I think a few months of Trump free styling against Haley will wake a fair amount of people up.
Much of that was COVID hysteria. Just vote for Joe and the virus will immediately go away as the media told us all year.

I don't think a felony conviction will matter to his base or anyone who would consider voting for him.
They polled those at the Iowa caucuses and 30 percent of the Trump supporters would not support him if convicted. Every poll about shows 15 to 30 percent drop in support. A conviction probably means a lopsided loss for Trump.

91 FELONY charges. Wake from your deluded dreams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT