ADVERTISEMENT

Guys who won’t be here next season

Yeah - just free throws.

C'mon, it is more than that. Is this team horrible? No - but it doesn't come close to maximizing its potential. Stevie Wonder can see that from 5 miles away.
Nobody is disputing that. If you look how this team is built it’s by design that they get to the free throw line. It’s very important(especially for this team) to hit those at an average clip.

Which coach, then, should AM can, so that he is able to bring in a new one who specializes in shouting slogans at players and staying current with Tony Robbins’ latest prologomena to success?
Could they hold up signs like Crean’s assistants?
“HUSTLE, DAMMIT!!!”

Reactions: Radio Zero
Could they hold up signs like Crean’s assistants?
“HUSTLE, DAMMIT!!!”
Good thought. To the point, contains mild foul language to grab attention, doesn’t mentally burden a guy about to chuck up an end-of-shot-clock desperation ball or preparing to rebound a missed free throw, and conveys the coaches’ fondest wishes quickly.

Intellectually meatier stuff (like “Indiana Hoosiers are 100% Champions of Winning!”), berating individuals for playing like losers, and long, profane diatribes would have to wait for timeouts.

My ideal Motivation Coach would be a kind of cross between Gordon Ramsey and the house mothers from the old syndicated reality series “Starting Over.”

Even dumber
I'll go for dumbest to top TMP! How bout just fire AM tonight and hire RMK. He already lives here and is probably more deranged than ever. Hell, he might even just volunteer for the opportunity to choke one of these under performing ****ers, could it be worse?

Watched a video the other day, of Chris Holtman running into the locker room and jumping around with his players. My goodness, what would that be like?

The problem with Damezi was slow release, he needed like a minute to square up and then there was the weird hitch too that seems common to a lot of our team
Also, there was no "jump" in his jump shot, more of a set shot.

It would be sad, but might be for the best. The NCAA opened the door with the transfer rules, so IU won't be the only school going thru this, which also means, a lot of potential for transfers in. This also might be the fastest way to get back to the "relevancy" that you are describing.

Your prediction leaves a core of
Lander 6'2"
Franklin 6'4"
Stewart 6'5"
Kauffman 6'5"
Leal 6'5"
Geronimo 6'6"
Thompson 6'8"
Duncomb 6'11"

Potential for three transfers or late recruits.
I could see Brunk coming back for a year as a player coach which would be pretty cool.

However it works out.....that team above would be one I could root for based on what I have seen this year. I really enjoyed some of the game the other day with the freshmen in the lineup and I really like the way Armaan plays to win regardless of how he is shooting. Same with RT.

The top 3 can all play point guard and Kauffman and Leal will be much better next year. Race and Geronimo are currently held back currently because TJD is featured although TJD would be better off to come back as the off forward who rebounds and gets garbage buckets as opposed to the go to guy. IU need a better shooter as the go to player and next year that should be Armaan or Parker.
Assuming anyone is going to be “much better” next year is a pretty risky assumption to make. The reason we are in this predicament is too many players here haven’t progressed much since they were freshmen. I could name names, but the answers are pretty obvious.

You are absolutely right BUT.... if they were hitting FTs at an 80% clip then I think he is right, four more wins.
We’ve been near the bottom of the B1G in free throw % since Archie arrived. To assume of think that is just magically going to change isn’t realistic.

What a thread. This team isn’t all that horrible. They get 4 more wins if they only hit their free throws. The defense is good and the the shooting is getting better. It’s that simple really. Free throws are keeping us out of the top half of the best conference we’ve seen in a decade or more.
Free throws have been a problem for IU basketball since Archie took over here. Rather than blame that as an excuse, I’m more concerned as to why it is still a problem.

If they transfer, they don’t get the free extra year. You only get it if you stay at your college you attended for the 2020-2021 season.
This is false. Everyone gets an extra year regardless if a transfer. You are confusing this with the extra scholarship rule. A team can use over 13 scholarships if they have a senior coming back. If that senior were to transfer, the team they transfer to cannot over sign.

Reactions: MrBing
Just my guess, but these guys will not be playing for IU next season:

Rob — will transfer and play 2 years elsewhere.
Al — will transfer and play 1 year elsewhere.
TJD — NBA.
Hunter — will transfer and play 3 years elsewhere.
Brunk — will hang ‘em up due to medical issues.
Archie — TBD

I predict a very different team next season. Not sure it will be any better, but quite different.

Go Hoosiers!
Anyone who thinks he’ll get playing time next year will stay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT