ADVERTISEMENT

Guys who won’t be here next season

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
Just my guess, but these guys will not be playing for IU next season:

Rob — will transfer and play 2 years elsewhere.
Al — will transfer and play 1 year elsewhere.
TJD — NBA.
Hunter — will transfer and play 3 years elsewhere.
Brunk — will hang ‘em up due to medical issues.
Archie — TBD

I predict a very different team next season. Not sure it will be any better, but quite different.

Go Hoosiers!

I'd could go for about 4 transfers out .
Pick any four..
And pickup about 4 transfers..That can play !!

Half the board won't.

I will try to hang in there.
hF9C0D4FF

Reactions: mk23
I've got a bad feeling that Race will be wearing maroon and gold next year.

He is coming across as pretty homesick in his interviews.

Without having to sit a year, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to go back home for his senior year.

TJD — NBA.
Archie — TBD

I predict a very different team next season. Not sure it will be any better, but quite different.

Go Hoosiers!
If this happens, the only reason I can see is toxic team culture and that is on Archie. If this happens he has to go.

I am fine with RP and AD leaving.
TJD is not good enough for the NBA. No shot other than around the rim and the bigs at the next level will stuff that
Brunk likely already has a masters and why come back here.
Hunter I don't know about. If Archie is gone maybe he stays.

Very poor recruiting will be the end of Archie (hopefully)
It is basically what doomed Crean. Inability to recruit in state, and having guys like Priller and Jeremiah April that just weren’t B1G level players ultimately led to less wins. Miller seems to be on the same trajectory. And, given how awful it is to watch, I can’t imagine kids would be excited to play in our offensive system.

Very poor recruiting will be the end of Archie (hopefully)
This team has 6 core guys that are freshman and sophomores. And a two year transfer coming in that should be solid. Logan looks solid and and Brunk is serviceable and Race is a beast.

The biggest issue with this team, this year is Al (who wasn’t his recruit) and Rob. Rob has really been Archie’s biggest whiff. Hunter possibly too. But both Rob and Hunter have shown flashes. And Hunter is really just a soph on the court.

It is basically what doomed Crean. Inability to recruit in state, and having guys like Priller and Jeremiah April that just weren’t B1G level players ultimately led to less wins. Miller seems to be on the same trajectory. And, given how awful it is to watch, I can’t imagine kids would be excited to play in our offensive system.
Who on this team would you compare to Priller and April?!?

Who on this team would you compare to Priller and April?!?
This roster doesn’t have any players at that level. But, there are a few that I think have shown they just aren’t top of the B1G level players. I think any astute fan can identify them without having to list names.

This roster doesn’t have any players at that level. But, there are a few that I think have shown they just aren’t top of the B1G level players. I think any astute fan can identify them without having to list names.
Ok. It said having guys like Priller and April.

agree some guys aren’t there yet, but Armaan (when healthy) and TJD would start on all B1G teams. Race would on most. And IU has 4 freshman and the best one should be a senior in high school.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123

TJD — NBA.
Archie — TBD

Go Hoosiers!
TJD is NOT going to the NBA, maybe transfer or G-League. He wouldn't be drafted. All the rest, I'd agree with. And we'll be very bad next year, so get ready, and I think it's by design to thin roster and coerce AM to take the heat or the money. Recruiting is dead, it only gets worse from here and I feel it needs to. AM made a lot of money here not living up to reasonable expectations. Hopefully someone new can start building around a developing Lander, with Leal and Galloway as contributing role players

Last edited:
The biggest issue with this team, this year is Al (who wasn’t his recruit) and Rob. Rob has really been Archie’s biggest whiff.

Has he? Or are our expectations of him higher than what he is? He wasn't highly rated, but fit well alongside Romeo his freshman year.

It's amazing how some kids do well on certain teams, but can struggle in their role on another. The makeup of a team can have such an impact on how well a player does.

Reactions: ericrossiu
Has he? Or are our expectations of him higher than what he is? He wasn't highly rated, but fit well alongside Romeo his freshman year.

It's amazing how some kids do well on certain teams, but can struggle in their role on another. The makeup of a team can have such an impact on how well a player does.
I think his lack of offensive production this year is hurting. And it’s not necessarily a slight on him as my answer was in regards to Archie’s recruiting - as the next two classes brought in a solid core. It’s probably more lack of development by his junior year that makes it underwhelming.

To your point, if KL is the primary PG next year, Rob could play one of the other guards and hopefully is effective.

he’s talented. He’s showed glimpses. Just inconsistent

Huh? By design?

Who's design?
The admins that realize that we have no talent, nobody we want/could hire could make us appreciably better next year or would want this roster, and don't want to pay AM for sitting on the couch. The job and the history of the job is much more attractive with a clean slate ... ala Crean. We're going to have go through a rebuild, but it doesn't have to be that bad if we get a good, proven coach that can immediately recruit, much like other P5 schools (that don't even have out history) that don't even pay like we do, do regularly when they realized they goofed it with the last hire Would you take a job where one of your first tasks would be to clean up the previous guys toilet?

Romeo was undoubtedly Miller's biggest recruiting mistake to date.

Watch Ayo beat IU and ask where the heck Langford is. Ayo will be getting paid too, it's just they will save him a seat at alumni basketball functions 20 years from now.

Mistake? Care to elaborate?
Romeo was over rated but played hurt most of the season and it has been hampering him in Boston. Not saying he played as well as he might have but he wasn't a recruiting mistake . He averaged like 13.5 points and everyone knew he was playing one yr. Put him on this years team and we are top 20 , not saying great but a much better team

Romeo was over rated but played hurt most of the season and it has been hampering him in Boston. Not saying he played as well as he might have but he wasn't a recruiting mistake . He averaged like 13.5 points and everyone knew he was playing one yr. Put him on this years team and we are top 20 , not saying great but a much better team

this is the first time in my life that I’ve heard an NBA lottery pick be considered a recruiting mistake. And “undoubtedly” to boot.

This team has 6 core guys that are freshman and sophomores. And a two year transfer coming in that should be solid. Logan looks solid and and Brunk is serviceable and Race is a beast.

The biggest issue with this team, this year is Al (who wasn’t his recruit) and Rob. Rob has really been Archie’s biggest whiff. Hunter possibly too. But both Rob and Hunter have shown flashes. And Hunter is really just a soph on the court.
I’d argue Clifton Moore or Damezi Anderson would fall into a greater “whiff” category than Rob. Neither of them are significant contributors at the schools they transferred to, which are well below the B1G level.

this is the first time in my life that I’ve heard an NBA lottery pick be considered a recruiting mistake. And “undoubtedly” to boot.

Yeah completely unfair to call him a mistake. Everyone would've called for Archie's head had he not recruited Romeo with everything he had. That said, Romeo never lived up to expectations. Most people were expecting a Cody or EJ like impact. A guy that could arguably be the best player in the B1G in the league as a freshman. Romeo was just a bad fit for that team. We needed a shooter and he's a SG who can't shoot.

I’d argue Clifton Moore or Damezi Anderson would fall into a greater “whiff” category than Rob. Neither of them are significant contributors at the schools they transferred to, which are well below the B1G level.
I saw Damezi's last high school game on TV and thought this guy will never play. Supposedly he was sick but even so his shot was horrid. Lander kind of has a hip shot but Damezi looked like he wound up from his knees . Yes exaggeration , Brian Evans had a low shot but he made it work. Damezi was just a huge recruiting miss

The admins that realize that we have no talent, nobody we want/could hire could make us appreciably better next year or would want this roster, and don't want to pay AM for sitting on the couch. The job and the history of the job is much more attractive with a clean slate ... ala Crean. We're going to have go through a rebuild, but it doesn't have to be that bad if we get a good, proven coach that can immediately recruit, much like other P5 schools (that don't even have out history) that don't even pay like we do, do regularly when they realized they goofed it with the last hire Would you take a job where one of your first tasks would be to clean up the previous guys toilet?

This is one of the dumbest posts on the entire board.

Did Archie recruit Moore?

Forrester and Damezi were definitely whiffs. But on this roster today, there is no April nor Priller. Not even close.

on today’s roster, Rob has developed the least offensively of the Archie recruits.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Did Archie recruit Moore?

Forrester and Damezi were definitely whiffs. But on this roster today, there is no April nor Priller. Not even close.

on today’s roster, Rob has developed the least offensively of the Archie recruits.
Not sure what is up with Rob? I really liked him as a freshman early on. The concussion? Maybe knowing he isn't playing pro ball and other priorities in life? He doesn't seem at all like he is a problem or causing problems aside from maybe his heart isn't in it? Hard telling as that concussion seemed to really be a major incident as long as he was out. He seems like a good kid , maybe his priorities have changed some to his degree and life after basketball? It is hard not to like him but something is going on

Not sure what is up with Rob? I really liked him as a freshman early on. The concussion? Maybe knowing he isn't playing pro ball and other priorities in life? He doesn't seem at all like he is a problem or causing problems aside from maybe his heart isn't in it? Hard telling as that concussion seemed to really be a major incident as long as he was out. He seems like a good kid , maybe his priorities have changed some to his degree and life after basketball? It is hard not to like him but something is going on
Agree. Something seems off.

Reactions: Al Bino
Did Rob not have two concussion So? I remember the game where he was playing great until being kneed in the head. I think that has lasting effects. When came out of the game the other night he touched his knee. Excuse my sentence structure. 85 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT