ADVERTISEMENT

Guys who won’t be here next season

Did Rob not have two concussion So? I remember the game where he was playing great until being kneed in the head. I think that has lasting effects. When came out of the game the other night he touched his knee. Excuse my sentence structure. 85 years old.
I was thinking two as well but the one he hit his head on the floor was a bad one, no need to apologize. I am sure you have some great fan tales to tell ! Welcome aboard!

Romeo was over rated but played hurt most of the season and it has been hampering him in Boston. Not saying he played as well as he might have but he wasn't a recruiting mistake . He averaged like 13.5 points and everyone knew he was playing one yr. Put him on this years team and we are top 20 , not saying great but a much better team

Romeo averaged 17 a game. I don't care who you are, that's tough for anybody in this league, for a freshman no less. Romeo wasn't overrated as a player, this fan base unfairly put F4 expectations when Romeo committed. Outside Juwan and Romeo, that team simply wasn't very good. They were extremely young and inexperienced.

Put Romeo on this years team, and IU is competing for a B10 title. He's everything this team doesn't have, a bucket getter.

Romeo averaged 17 a game. I don't care who you are, that's tough for anybody in this league, for a freshman no less. Romeo wasn't overrated as a player, this fan base unfairly put F4 expectations when Romeo committed. Outside Juwan and Romeo, that team simply wasn't very good. They were extremely young and inexperienced.

Put Romeo on this years team, and IU is competing for a B10 title. He's everything this team doesn't have, a bucket getter.
They’d probably have him standing in the corner

Reactions: mk23
I've got a bad feeling that Race will be wearing maroon and gold next year.

He is coming across as pretty homesick in his interviews.

Without having to sit a year, wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to go back home for his senior year.
I really hope that isn't true. If Brunk is done, TJD heads to G league, and Race heads back home....we'll be the smallest team in big ten history next year. Too much sky-is-falling speculation right now. Seems like that Iowa road win was years ago now.

I really hope that isn't true. If Brunk is done, TJD heads to G league, and Race heads back home....we'll be the smallest team in big ten history next year. Too much sky-is-falling speculation right now. Seems like that Iowa road win was years ago now.

The instant transfer is going to be a double edged sword.

I expect us to lose a lot of players but will always be able to find a transfer replacement so....the size worry doesn't bother me in the least.

I have absolutely zero inside info, just reacting to Race's interview with Fisch. Straight out said that he misses the twin cities and hasn't seen his family in months with Covid....which is more pressure if you are homesick.

Remember this is his 4th season away from home and its not like we're going to be national championship favorites next year I'm guessing.

I saw Damezi's last high school game on TV and thought this guy will never play. Supposedly he was sick but even so his shot was horrid. Lander kind of has a hip shot but Damezi looked like he wound up from his knees . Yes exaggeration , Brian Evans had a low shot but he made it work. Damezi was just a huge recruiting miss
The problem with Damezi was slow release, he needed like a minute to square up and then there was the weird hitch too that seems common to a lot of our team

Not sure what is up with Rob? I really liked him as a freshman early on. The concussion? Maybe knowing he isn't playing pro ball and other priorities in life? He doesn't seem at all like he is a problem or causing problems aside from maybe his heart isn't in it? Hard telling as that concussion seemed to really be a major incident as long as he was out. He seems like a good kid , maybe his priorities have changed some to his degree and life after basketball? It is hard not to like him but something is going on
I wouldn't care to guess what it is, but I'm 50 and have broken ribs twice in the last couple years doing home maintenance shit. Seems like he just doesn't care. When he arrived I thought he'd be Chauncey Billups 2.0, but not. There is something off

Did Archie recruit Moore?

Forrester and Damezi were definitely whiffs. But on this roster today, there is no April nor Priller. Not even close.

on today’s roster, Rob has developed the least offensively of the Archie recruits.
No, but he re-recruited him

Romeo was over rated but played hurt most of the season and it has been hampering him in Boston. Not saying he played as well as he might have but he wasn't a recruiting mistake . He averaged like 13.5 points and everyone knew he was playing one yr. Put him on this years team and we are top 20 , not saying great but a much better team
No, not a mistake, The mistake was we needed 2 or 3 of him to push him and not treat him like a diva

No, not a mistake, The mistake was we needed 2 or 3 of him to push him and not treat him like a diva
There was a lot of hype with Romeo. I don't know all the driving factors for that. Maybe his family, media, Bailey scoring record, or what not. All I know is only played a couple seasons ago, and yet I barely remember him on the court. I have a better memory of Tom Pritchard on a put back dunk than I do of Romeo. Probably a good guy, just played on a forgettable team.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
The admins that realize that we have no talent, nobody we want/could hire could make us appreciably better next year or would want this roster, and don't want to pay AM for sitting on the couch. The job and the history of the job is much more attractive with a clean slate ... ala Crean. We're going to have go through a rebuild, but it doesn't have to be that bad if we get a good, proven coach that can immediately recruit, much like other P5 schools (that don't even have out history) that don't even pay like we do, do regularly when they realized they goofed it with the last hire Would you take a job where one of your first tasks would be to clean up the previous guys toilet?

You CAN'T believe what you typed.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Really you believe anything is salvageable from this roster?
No, and that's not what I said at all and I think they'll leave on their own. It's bad and probably unfixable by any coach or any small talent infusion. I do think they'll burn it down, it's their way.

No, and that's not what I said at all and I think they'll leave on their own. It's bad and probably unfixable by any coach or any small talent infusion. I do think they'll burn it down, it's their way.

Call me crazy, I don’t think the roster is that bad. Trayce and Race are fine and assuming both come back, it’s one of the better front courts in the B10. Throw in Dumcomb and potentially Brunk return, there isn’t any concern.

Franklin is a budding star in this league and you saw a quick glimpse in a 5-6 game stretch before turning his ankle. Clearly hasn’t been the same since.

Biggest issue by far is our two upperclassmen guards. Neither Al or Rob have played with any kind of confidence. It’s killed the offense all year. No telling how good Stewart will be, but he’ll at least hunt his shot, something Al not Rob do. I’ve been Lander’s biggest critic all year, but he’s shown some promise the last few games and you can just tell he has a talent ceiling that far exceeds Phinisee. A full offseason in the weight room SHOULD have him ready to contribute in a big way next year.

A starting 5 of Lander/Stewart/Franklin/Race/TJD next year is more than fine and one that isn’t devoid of talent. Your constant on-the-ledge mentality really clouds your judgement.

Call me crazy, I don’t think the roster is that bad. Trayce and Race are fine and assuming both come back, it’s one of the better front courts in the B10. Throw in Dumcomb and potentially Brunk return, there isn’t any concern.

Franklin is a budding star in this league and you saw a quick glimpse in a 5-6 game stretch before turning his ankle. Clearly hasn’t been the same since.

Biggest issue by far is our two upperclassmen guards. Neither Al or Rob have played with any kind of confidence. It’s killed the offense all year. No telling how good Stewart will be, but he’ll at least hunt his shot, something Al not Rob do. I’ve been Lander’s biggest critic all year, but he’s shown some promise the last few games and you can just tell he has a talent ceiling that far exceeds Phinisee. A full offseason in the weight room SHOULD have him ready to contribute in a big way next year.

A starting 5 of Lander/Stewart/Franklin/Race/TJD next year is more than fine and one that isn’t devoid of talent. Your constant on-the-ledge mentality really clouds your judgement.
Trayce is going pro.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Trayce is going pro.

Very well could, but will believe it when I see it. Family doesn’t need money which is a driving force in many of these decisions, but if he’s content with going the G-League route to try and earn a roster spot more power to him. Not many, if any 5’s in the NBA without a jump shot and /or off hand. Wouldn’t be shocked in the least to see him back and guessing he ultimately is.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Very well could, but will believe it when I see it. Family doesn’t need money which is a driving force in many of these decisions, but if he’s content with going the G-League route to try and earn a roster spot more power to him. Not many, if any 5’s in the NBA without a jump shot and /or off hand. Wouldn’t be shocked in the least to see him back and guessing he ultimately is.
No, I’m telling you that he is going pro regardless of projected draft position. It’s a fact.

Care to state how its a fact?
Because I know people who are in his inner circle. Want proof of that? Go back to the week before TJD committed and see who was saying TJD would be committing within a week while the IU insiders were saying it would stretch into the following year.

Because I know people who are in his inner circle. Want proof of that? Go back to the week before TJD committed and see who was saying TJD would be committing within a week while the IU insiders were saying it would stretch into the following year.
That is proof of what? I love the so called insiders . He may well leave but you stated thats a fact and some post from 2 years ago is proving something? Whatever makes you feel important.

That is proof of what? I love the so called insiders . He may well leave but you stated thats a fact and some post from 2 years ago is proving something? Whatever makes you feel important.
It’s a fact. It was decided last year. Feel free not to believe it though. Continue day dreaming about TJD on next year’s team.

No, I’m telling you that he is going pro regardless of projected draft position. It’s a fact.
Heard the exact same certainty about Cody going pro after his first year. Wrong. Heard it many other times about other players too. Also wrong. We don’t know. That’s a fact.

Reactions: MrBing
Heard the exact same certainty about Cody going pro after his first year. Wrong. Heard it many other times about other players too. Also wrong. We don’t know. That’s a fact.
He's projected late 2nd round to undrafted. It's up to him if that's good enough..

Reactions: MrBing
Romeo was undoubtedly Miller's biggest recruiting mistake to date.

Watch Ayo beat IU and ask where the heck Langford is. Ayo will be getting paid too, it's just they will save him a seat at alumni basketball functions 20 years from now.

I think about this 2 ways. On one hand Romeo was a necessary recruitment for a new coach trying to build a program. On the other hand, he left a huge hole that has not been filled and in the meantime players like him (ex. Ayo) have developed into excellent pro prospects while helping their team win. A third way to look at it is that Romeo himself has not benefited in his basketball career by leaving at that time. He may have benefited financially, it is hard to say, but there is no way he wouldn't be putting up 20 plus and helping the Hoosiers immensely while still being a high draft orospect, had he simply stayed one or two more years.

It is basically what doomed Crean. Inability to recruit in state, and having guys like Priller and Jeremiah April that just weren’t B1G level players ultimately led to less wins. Miller seems to be on the same trajectory. And, given how awful it is to watch, I can’t imagine kids would be excited to play in our offensive system.
Never thought I’d say this in a million years but.....I believe Archie may just be worse than Crean.

How is that possible? Here I was thinking that Crean was bottom of the barrel. There’s actually worse.

Crean‘s program had a pulse. Archie won’t come within 5 spots of claiming a regular season championship, let alone do it twice.

You left out the one factor that neutralizes all of what you just typed: Archie

I cheer for Crean, Davis, and even Sampson when I watch their teams play. Really no ill will towards these guys(yes I know what Sampson did, but he was trying to win).

Archie Miller makes me hate basketball. Watching this man do the same non-winning shit every season is irritating. He actually believes his shit works. It doesn’t. We aren’t playing St Bonaventure or Rhode Island. We can’t win with 6”6 post players. We can’t win playing 1990s offense. We can’t win playing strictly 1 style of defense. The man just refuses to change. And he had the Audacity of tearing into Jeff Rabjohns for asking a question about hedging. “Well what do you know about hedging Jeff?” “Come to practice and we’ll teach you all you need to know about hedging.” It wasn’t even in good humor. It was an a-hole attitude. Knight did the same thing. But he earned that right. And Knight has X and O ground to stand on.

This joker wants to dog someone for apparently not being a “basketball expert?”

Who the F thinks Archie is a “basketball expert.” Give JR Holmes a similar roster and a month to prepare and he beats Archie. Plain and simple. The man is a disgrace to Indiana basketball. Period. Tom Crean is as mediocre as they come but at least he gave a **** and turned over every stone to get us better. **** Archie. I will put candles in a Cake the day this weasel gets canned. I’m done. Rant over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT