ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Doyel

Doyal's article is about Scruggs leaving Indiana to play at a prep school and nothing to do with IU and that was what I was talking about.
Doyel is a moron, who's M.O. is making moronic, sensationalistic statements. The Vid was/is saying that him leaving wouldn't happen if he actually liked the coach in Bloomington. He would already be commited. Can you follow that or no?

Doyel is a moron, who's M.O. is making moronic, sensationalistic statements. The Vid was/is saying that him leaving wouldn't happen if he actually liked the coach in Bloomington. He would already be commited. Can you follow that or no?
Why would he stayed at Southport if he was committed to IU. He is leaving because of the split between the AAU coach and the HC at Southport and not his dislike for Crean.. Even if he was committed to IU and left I would think it was a terrible decision.

The way i do my texting is no more unsafe than you listening to your radio. Quit trying to shift blame.

You do realize PS came up thru the Crispus Attucks system, right? Where was the weeping and gnashing of teeth when he left there for Southport?

Kids like Thomas Bryant? You know, the kid who left his hometown, his high school, his teammates and coaches and, most importantly, his hometown fans. Why is he not a cancer?

Again, I'd love to see you say PS is a cancer to Dan. But then you'd have to stop driving & texting for that to happen, right?

I did not realize that Byrant left his high school to go to a prep school in late August due to his AAU coach's oversized ego who is reported to be dirty. Did Byrant leave for prep school in late August and had a handler who is known to be dirty? You are comparing apples to oranges.

I did not realize that Byrant left his high school to go to a prep school in late August due to his AAU coach's oversized ego who is reported to be dirty. Did Byrant leave for prep school in late August and had a handler who is known to be dirty? You are comparing apples to oranges.
So now it's when they leave is whether they're dirty or not. Got it.

Just curious - is Gary Trent Sr also dirty?

Last edited:
The way i do my texting is no more unsafe than you listening to your radio. Quit trying to shift blame.

Yeh. Tell Mr. Policeman that when he's writing you a couple of hundred ticket. lol

I don't care if you're listening to other posts and then talking back your response. If you're not concentrating on your driving you are a threat to other drivers/pedestrians.

Not certain where the hating for the kid AND his parents is coming from because he changed schools. They made what they consider to be the best decision for their son's career. That may include the NBA, it may not. It will certainly include a D1 scholarship offer. This "kid" is in his last year of high school, right? What allegiance and loyalty does he owe to his high school? It is the school's job to prepare the kid for what is next. It is NOT the kid's job to sacrifice for the good of the (public) school.
It may end up being the right decision..or not. But if this kid did not play basketball, many/most of you would apply a different standard. If he was transferring to an elite prep school to pursue an interest in STEM? In athletics, my understanding is that the best soccer players are quickly moving to club and developmental teams and being told NOT to play for their high school team. It stunts their soccer development. Their goal is to go pro OR to go to a top college. High school soccer is (more and more) not the best option.

Not certain where the hating for the kid AND his parents is coming from because he changed schools. They made what they consider to be the best decision for their son's career. That may include the NBA, it may not. It will certainly include a D1 scholarship offer. This "kid" is in his last year of high school, right? What allegiance and loyalty does he owe to his high school? It is the school's job to prepare the kid for what is next. It is NOT the kid's job to sacrifice for the good of the (public) school.
It may end up being the right decision..or not. But if this kid did not play basketball, many/most of you would apply a different standard. If he was transferring to an elite prep school to pursue an interest in STEM? In athletics, my understanding is that the best soccer players are quickly moving to club and developmental teams and being told NOT to play for their high school team. It stunts their soccer development. Their goal is to go pro OR to go to a top college. High school soccer is (more and more) not the best option.

The major factor why he transferred was because his high school coach and the AAU coach had a falling out. I don't see how this was a basketball decision. He just chosed his AAU coach who is also his handler/ guardian in basketball matters over his high school coach.

Last edited:
The major factor why he transferred was because his high school coach and the AAU coach had a falling out. I don't see how this was a basketball decision. He just chosed his AAU coach who is also his handler/ guardian in basketball matters over his high school coach.
How did Paul end up at Southport?

By the same "handler/guardian" you're now criticizing. And did you ever think that the rift could have been caused by the discussion of PS going prep?

How did Paul end up at Southport?

By the same "handler/guardian" you're now criticizing. And did you ever think that the rift could have been caused by the discussion of PS going prep?

Nice try with spin control, but what is being reported is that the rift caused the transfer not the inverse.

Reactions: Tony20
Plus, it is reported that college coaches recently thought Scruggs was going to play for South Port this year. Why would you make a such a big decision so late in the game unless something major has altered the playing field. If Scruggs was thinking about prep school then he would have made that decision before the start of school.

Nice try with spin control, but what is being reported is that the rift caused the transfer not the inverse.
What is being reported is that the timing seems coincidental. But which came first - chicken or egg?
I can't tell you for a fact that PS considering prep caused the rift. But I can tell you prep school has been in the discussion for a long time. Regardless, if this "handler" was so dirty why did Simpson allow him to steer PS to him before his freshman season? So he'd benefit? Guess Attucks didn't matter, huh?

This faux morality is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: TheSpa
You don't think Scruggs is good? Most games he is the best player on the court.

Yes, I think he is good. The difference is that Brady and Manning were good and winners. They led their teams to victory. Lots of good or great players out there that don't do that, and aren't the respected because they can't bring the team wins. Thus my Jay Cutler example. I'd put Harden and Dwight Howard in that grouping. Carmelo Anthony. All good players, but that doesn't mean they are leaders or that players listen to them.

Last edited:
Ok but you take some of the best programs in the country and they set up shop in their home state first. Take urban Meyer for example...he pretty much gets 75% of his roster from Ohio.

First off, that's football which is a different animal. There are only 120 DI programs, not 350 like there is college basketball at the same level. Secondly, Ohio State football is not the same as Indiana basketball. It is the same mistake that Biggio tries to make comparing Alabama football to IU basketball. Ohio State, Alabama, a few others are on the Mt. Rushmore of college football. IU is not on the Mt. Rushmore of college basketball. Finally, 51 players on OSU's football roster are currently not from the state of Ohio.

What is being reported is that the timing seems coincidental. But which came first - chicken or egg?
I can't tell you for a fact that PS considering prep caused the rift. But I can tell you prep school has been in the discussion for a long time. Regardless, if this "handler" was so dirty why did Simpson allow him to steer PS to him before his freshman season? So he'd benefit? Guess Attucks didn't matter, huh?

This faux morality is getting ridiculous.

I wanted to pass on him before the transfer, because of his poor attitude on the court and his reluctance to pass the ball down low. If he would have made it a focus to pass it down low then they would have been state champs. Now having this information about his handler, I do not want IU touch him with ten foot pole.

First off, that's football which is a different animal. There are only 120 DI programs, not 350 like there is college basketball at the same level. Secondly, Ohio State football is not the same as Indiana basketball. It is the same mistake that Biggio tries to make comparing Alabama football to IU basketball. Ohio State, Alabama, a few others are on the Mt. Rushmore of college football. IU is not on the Mt. Rushmore of college basketball. Finally, 51 players on OSU's football roster are currently not from the state of Ohio.
If you go a Mt rushmore of Football you have: Bama, ND, USC, OSU. Basketball: UK, Duke, UCLA, UNC....but I don't see IU being far from that list or far from getting back on that list. Also go back 10 years and IU is still on the list....they could get back on it just like Bama took back over as the College football power.

Now having this information about his handler, I do not want IU touch him with ten foot pole.

Tom Crean has the same info as you - and more, actually - and is still recruiting Paul. So is Crean dirty also.

Gary Trent, Jr switched from Apple Valley to Findley to Prolific within a few weeks. Coach K is likely going to land him; he sure as hell is recruiting him. So, is Coach K dirty?

Reactions: bsmitty08
Tom Crean has the same info as you - and more, actually - and is still recruiting Paul. So is Crean dirty also.

Gary Trent, Jr switched from Apple Valley to Findley to Prolific within a few weeks. Coach K is likely going to land him; he sure as hell is recruiting him. So, is Coach K dirty?

I do not think association is enough of evidence to condemn someone for being "dirty." I do not agree with Crean hundred percent of the time. I would have focused more on Waters than Scruggs.

I do not think association is enough of evidence to condemn someone for being "dirty." I do not agree with Crean hundred percent of the time. I would have focused more on Waters than Scruggs.
According to someone on the other site who supposedly in the know said IU has cooled on Scruggs the last few weeks. With this story coming out maybe we could see why IU cooled on him if his handlers are a little dirty.

I wanted to pass on him before the transfer, because of his poor attitude on the court and his reluctance to pass the ball down low. If he would have made it a focus to pass it down low then they would have been state champs. Now having this information about his handler, I do not want IU touch him with ten foot pole.
Yet Crean's pursuit of him continues. You guys must be furious.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Yes, I think he is good. The difference is that Brady and Manning were good and winners. They led their teams to victory. Lots of good or great players out there that don't do that, and aren't the respected because they can't bring the team wins. Thus my Jay Cutler example. I'd put Harden and Dwight Harden in that grouping. Carmelo Anthony. All good players, but that doesn't mean they are leaders or that players listen to them.

Yogi Ferrell agrees with this post.

So you don't win any big games when you win two outright big ten championships.

I guess you're forgetting his lack of success in the NCAA Tournament. Or more likely ignoring it, as it makes my point.

Or do you count 2 double digit Sweet Sixteen losses in the Tournament as "successful"...?

I guess you're forgetting his lack of success in the NCAA Tournament. Or more likely ignoring it, as it makes my point.

Or do you count 2 double digit Sweet Sixteen losses in the Tournament as "successful"...?
I count them but you have to win big games to get to that point as well or are you forgetting the other 30 games played in the season.

I count them but you have to win big games to get to that point as well or are you forgetting the other 30 games played in the season.

Yeah, totally forgot about those...dws...

You obviously don't count those tournament losses or you wouldn't have responded.

But, to the larger point...you know what games you can't count...?

Elite Eight games.

Final Four games.

And National Title games.

Why?

Because Yogi never played in any of those.

Anything else you want to wax poetic about?

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Yeah, totally forgot about those...dws...

You obviously don't count those tournament losses or you wouldn't have responded.

But, to the larger point...you know what games you can't count...?

Elite Eight games.

Final Four games.

And National Title games.

Why?

Because Yogi never played in any of those.

Anything else you want to wax poetic about?
I judge on the whole year and not just a couple of games in March. Is the season a great one just making the sweet 16, no but I would call it a successful season.

I judge on the whole year and not just a couple of games in March. Is the season a great one just making the sweet 16, no but I would call it a successful season.

Of course you do, Scott. It's really the only way you can justify your affinity for the current coach.

However, the point of this little exchange still seems to escape you...which really isn't all that surprising, but I digress.

It is nice to see you actually putting subject and predicate together to form actual sentences.

Baby steps, Scott. Baby steps.

Of course you do, Scott. It's really the only way you can justify your affinity for the current coach.

However, the point of this little exchange still seems to escape you...which really isn't all that surprising, but I digress.

It is nice to see you actually putting subject and predicate together to form actual sentences.

Baby steps, Scott. Baby steps.
I couldn't care less who the coach is, if it is Crean I will back him. If they decide today to let him go I would back that as well and back the next coach. If you can't enjoy a season if you don't win the championship then that is your problem. If you are only happy if we win a championship then you have been a very unhappy person most of your life.

I couldn't care less who the coach is, if it is Crean I will back him. If they decide today to let him go I would back that as well and back the next coach. If you can't enjoy a season if you don't win the championship then that is your problem. If you are only happy if we win a championship then you have been a very unhappy person most of your life.
It's not just about winning championships, it's about consistently putting yourself in a position to win one. Under TC that hasn't happened. We all know in November what the outcome will be in March (or at least the best outcome). That's what's disappointing. Give us some hope one time!

Again, Scott, you're missing the point. This wasn't about winning Championships every year. That's simply the direction you decided to take it because you don't have the cognition or reasoning skills to understand what my original post was about. Yet, you continue to respond as if you do. If you were smarter, you'd be embarrassed. But you're not. It's ok, I get it. Ignorance is bliss.

And that's gotta make you the happiest person on Earth.

Again, Scott, you're missing the point. This wasn't about winning Championships every year. That's simply the direction you decided to take it because you don't have the cognition or reasoning skills to understand what my original post was about. Yet, you continue to respond as if you do. If you were smarter, you'd be embarrassed. But you're not. It's ok, I get it. Ignorance is bliss.

And that's gotta make you the happiest person on Earth.
Your point is that Yogi did not win big games since he never got past the sweet 16 and I argue that you win big games to get there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT