ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Doyel

neigo

Junior
Feb 14, 2016
Please Coach Crean do not follow Scruggs to California he is cancer. Some of us already knew this, now the rest of you do. Great article by Greg Doyel. Indy Star

Hey, the parents seriously prayed over it. What could go wrong with that? But yes, he does sound kind of flakey.

Please Coach Crean do not follow Scruggs to California he is cancer. Some of us already knew this, now the rest of you do. Great article by Greg Doyel. Indy Star
First of all, it's GREGG Doyel.

Secondly, the KID is a cancer? Just what in Doyel's story even began to give any credence to that statement whatsoever?

If a kid doesn't go to IU, he's a cancer (PS) or has low morality (MW). I'd love to see you try to say that to either Dad .

Reactions: Hoogolf and fpeaugh
The same Gregg Doyel who wrote this....
"But Indiana doesn't have a center like Dinc, whose arrival could push the Hoosiers to the top of the Big Ten." Yeah. He's a genius. Real nice calling a HS kid a "cancer". This wouldn't be because the writing's on the wall that he'll go elsewhere, would it?

How about his fellow teamates he played with from jr high on dont they mean anything.Or the Southport classmates and fans that wanted to watch him play. Dont they mean anything. Come on call a spade a spade Tas this kid is all about himself. By the way you can get any sign you want when you pray. Dont call Scruggs a Indiana kid what a slam on the true Indiana Kids. I am more interested in IU kids and we happen to have some great ones there right now.

How about his fellow teamates he played with from jr high on dont they mean anything.Or the Southport classmates and fans that wanted to watch him play. Dont they mean anything. Come on call a spade a spade Tas this kid is all about himself. By the way you can get any sign you want when you pray. Dont call Scruggs a Indiana kid what a slam on the true Indiana Kids. I am more interested in IU kids and we happen to have some great ones there right now.
This is all about the AAU coach and southport coach splitting. Scruggs followed AAU coaches lead. Scruggs isn't a cancer because of that. Is Jaran Jackson a cancer because he left Park Tudor for La Lauminere? That move makes zero sense when you consider how good an academic school PC is.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Oh so when things get tough im going to move on. Who is he playing for i thought it was Southport. If i would have tried something like that my dad would kick my butt and sent me back to school and told my high school coach to run me ragged.

Oh so when things get tough im going to move on. Who is he playing for i thought it was Southport. If i would have tried something like that my dad would kick my butt and sent me back to school and told my high school coach to run me ragged.
How do you know it was his decision? Word I got was it was parents decision. Also this isn't a new phenomenon in basketball. Kids are leaving high schools for prep schools all the time now. This is 3 just this year from Indy.

I would be very leery recruiting kids that go to a school like this. I would worry rather the player will be eligible because sometimes these schools are not accredited. also on
Scruggs the few times I have watched him in person or on television he seemed to have a little bit of an attitude problem. I would take Waters right now and not worry about Scruggs because it is obvious he doe snot want to stay in Indiana.

I would be very leery recruiting kids that go to a school like this. I would worry rather the player will be eligible because sometimes these schools are not accredited. also on
Scruggs the few times I have watched him in person or on television he seemed to have a little bit of an attitude problem. I would take Waters right now and not worry about Scruggs because it is obvious he doe snot want to stay in Indiana.
there is nothing wrong with having some attitude, some of the greats had attitude issues.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Really so you as a parent would make a decision to send your high school son 2500 miles from home. Wonder if they prayed about that. Hope he stays out of trouble kids need their parents at that age. I will qoute our Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight when ask what has changed with kids in 25 years of coaching he said very wisely their parents. Tas calling someone a idoit is also quite telling sounds like truth is hard for you to handle. If it was his parents how sad.

Kind of funny/ironic that on this board the theme of the summer from certain posters has been how poorly Crean/IU is regarded in AAU circles around this state.

Guess what. Our Coach won't play their mindless little cheap games and it ticks most of them off. Of course they would say disparaging things.

After the Lyles debacle (shoe deal) and now this with Scruggs. People want in state kids but I'm telling you if this is the under belly of Indy area recruiting I'm fine cherry picking the kids (Yogi, Zeller, Blackmon Jr) who come from families that don't think an extra few thousand is all the $ in the world and risk a kids reputation and eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: becauseIknow
The catholic high school he's attending isn't accredited? Read the article next time.

Thanks Tony20 your right on. By the way i dont want Jaren Jackson either.

Really so you as a parent would make a decision to send your high school son 2500 miles from home. Wonder if they prayed about that. Hope he stays out of trouble kids need their parents at that age. I will qoute our Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight when ask what has changed with kids in 25 years of coaching he said very wisely their parents. Tas calling someone a idoit is also quite telling sounds like truth is hard for you to handle. If it was his parents how sad.
Why won't you use the quote function!!!!!! Also it was the parents doing on this they wanted and allowed it because they trust his AAU coach. First you bash the kid by saying he made the decision now you are bashing the parent. I'm not saying this is a good decision but obviously the family does.

Reactions: fpeaugh
It is just my opinion and just did not like his demeanor on the court. I have said this all along with him and not just now after this news.
That's fine....some people don't like it. I have coached for 15 years and I like the guys that play with some attitude. Guys like Coverdale, Fife, Michael Lewis all had some attitude and so does Bryant.

Reactions: Hoogolf and BigMobe
Bsmitty peyton tom brady dont leave their teamates when times get tough . Scruggs is not a leader he is a follower. Hopefully he is following the right people in California. Not a good decision really? I will bash parents when they make bad decisions. Sending your son to the west coast and your son to louisville are very poor parenting decision.

That's fine....some people don't like it. I have coached for 15 years and I like the guys that play with some attitude. Guys like Coverdale, Fife, Michael Lewis all had some attitude and so does Bryant.
Like I have said I like that style as well but Scruggs just seemed different. Some of those guys were trying to get the team fired up where it appeared that Scruggs was just annoyed with the team.

Bsmitty peyton tom brady dont leave their teamates when times get tough . Scruggs is not a leader he is a follower. Hopefully he is following the right people in California. Not a good decision really? I will bash parents when they make bad decisions. Sending your son to the west coast and your son to louisville are very poor parenting decision.

Maybe the kid wants to stay in the Midwest for college but wanted a chance to live somewhere else for a while? What a great opportunity, go to Cali for a year, get it out of your system then come back to the Midwest.

Typical of the modern IU fan, kid doesn't want to go here so he's a cancer lol.

Define modern. Been going on for about 50 years.

In this particular case though plenty were bashing Crean all summer long about missing out on in state recruits when in fact (given the release of this story) his recruitment might have been wired all along.

Easy to throw stones from the outside. Also what tough times? The family made a decision on what "they feel" is best for his future. Has nothing to do with a kid transferring schools. Do you follow recruiting much? Kids switch schools all the time. Thomas Bryant transferred to Hunington Prep.....did he leave his teammates? Prep school academies are the new fad in high school basketball. Look at La Lamuniere's rise to being a national basketball power.

Define modern. Been going on for about 50 years.

In this particular case though plenty were bashing Crean all summer long about missing out on in state recruits when in fact (given the release of this story) his recruitment might have been wired all along.
But Ctc had the opportunity to land all 4. Hopefully we can land Wilkes....unless he transfers schools. then he is a cancer. DWS

The only thing hard to handle is the lack of punctuation and attempting to decipher your posts. More than likely, he called you that for those reasons.

Yes, only kids from New York and Virginia want to stay in Indiana. :)

Reactions: Rakkasan29
In 10 years there will be no more HS basketball as we know it. It will be all club/AAU. The NCAA and the state have pushed this by the rules set forth. Mark it down, HS BB will be a watered down event if it even exists. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT