ADVERTISEMENT

Grand jury votes to indict Trump

Just a question shooter...Not trying to start anything...What did you not like about where we were as a country before covid hit when Trump was president?
Let me answer for him: The US was a being run by racist white-power gangs. Plus, he was mean. Democracy was being destroyed. And he was mean. He was turning the US over to Putin. He was mean. His kids were getting rich. He was mean. He lied so much. He was mean. And he sent mean tweets.

I'm sure I left a few things out.

Reactions: Indianaftw
It's not immunity--a suit should be filed. Instead of dismissing it, though, it should be delayed.

We don't have a king because they can be removed, their term is limited in time, and they are still operating in a system of checks and balances.

But if the suit is filed, and is 24x7 news, isn't there the same risk of "wag the dog" or not appearing to be wanting to "wag the dog"? If the pres doesn't like the coverage, a massive strike sure sucks the oxygen out of the room. But then a president has to worry it is being seen as doing that. I'm not sure it helps all that much.

I do not, I think we need to return to accountability.

For example, find the times I have complained about Republicans wanting to investigate Biden? If he has violated laws we deserve to know.
Serious question Marv. When was there ever accountability? Maybe Nixon? A brief moment? Kennedy accountability? I mean since I've been alive I remember my mom crying in front of the TV plenty over both Kennedy's and MLK. Was all that a "Bigger Picture". So when you say return to that? Theres two ways...1 is total transparency which will never happen. 2. Is the government hiding things so well we don't question it. Anyways can you enlighten me?

Reactions: DANC
Hahaha go look in a mirror.
I’m not sure that even makes sense, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. I‘m not running for President, genius. And I didn’t hide payments to hide my sexual affairs.

Dang it, I was going to post that article.

It's too bad the dupes here won't read it.
That will not get read by anyone on this site...Well maybe a few of us, but as soon halfway into the first paragraph that will get cast aside. Damn good read and the truth.

Just a question shooter...Not trying to start anything...What did you not like about where we were as a country before covid hit when Trump was president?
One of the main things was the fiscal irresponsibility- he ran up the debt at a never-before-seen rate, in part lining the pockets of the already-wealthy through enormous tax breaks that made no sense. Let's triple the wealth of the top 1% and just hope that they are generous.

Then there was the steady stream of lies, the stench of blatant biogtry/racism, the do-nothing attitude toward immigration reform, health care, climate change, infrastructure, assault weapons, the dismantling of the pandemic preparedness system, the love fest with North Korea and Russia, the ANTI-science mentality, and the policies that changed on the whim of the angry child, indicating that there never was a coherent plan other than to erase everything good or bad done by Obama (who I never voted for, but who did some things that were judged beneficial by the public, such as extending health care to those who had none before).

The whole administration had an odor. It was not surprising. In the primaries, people like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell et al told us it was going to happen. Then they all turtled.

I had been registered as an Independent since moving to FL in 2005 but when it was obvious that Trump was going to be the nominee, I registerd Democratic to support Mayor Pete. I had been registered as a Republican from 1980-2005. Trump was the last straw. But the fealty to Trump by the GOP showed me that I can't blindly run back to them as they move on from Trump. That fealty showed me that they have no moral compass whatsoever.

Last edited:
Interesting minor tidbit,

In the arrest report by NYPD, it's been reported that they logged the physical description of Trump as being 6'1", 270 lbs.

Of course in office he insisted he was 6'3" and 239 or something, to be a pound below the "overweight" category.

To be fair, NYPD probably didn't measure anything, but I would expect that they are good estimators.

One of the main things was the fiscal irresponsibility- he ran up the debt at a never-before-seen rate, in part lining the pockets of the already-wealthy through enormous tax breaks that made no sense. Let's triple the wealth of the top 1% and just hope that they are generous.

Then there was the steady stream of lies, the stench of blatant biogtry/racism, the do-nothing attitude toward immigration reform, health care, climate change, infrastructure, the dismantling of the pandemic preparedness system, the love fest with North Korea and Russia, the ANTI-science mentality, and the policies that changed on the whim of the angry child, indicating that there never was a coherent plan other than to erase everything good or bad done by Obama (who I never voted for, but who did some things that were judged beneficial by the public, such as extending health care to those who had none before).

The whole administration had an odor. It was not surprising. In the primaries, people like Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell et al told us it was going to happen. Then they all turtled.

I had been registered as an Independent since moving to FL in 2005 but when it was obvious that Trump was going to be the nominee, I registerd Democratic to support Mayor Pete. I had been registered as a Republican from 1980-2005. Trump was the last straw. But the fealty to Trump by the GOP showed me that I can't blindly run back to them as they move on from Trump. That fealty showed me that they have no moral compass whatsoever.
If you support Pete your entire political beliefs changed. Almost completely to where now you are pretty far left. Nothing wrong with that but a marked ideological change

Compared to what?

Did you vote in the congressional elections?

Seems to me you've got all the freedom the colonies agreed to when the US separated from Britain. It's not enough? What do you want? Freedom to do/get whatever the f*ck you want at any time? No matter what effect it has on anybody else?

GTFO . . . .
I guess you dont get sarcasm.

Yes I voted in congressional elections.

To answer your questions, Yes. What I do has no affect on anyone else.

As a matter of fact, I'm ordering an AK 47 rifle kit this week. I'm going to get what I need and stamp out my own reciever. If all goes well I'll do it again.

I guess you dont get sarcasm.

Yes I voted in congressional elections.

To answer your questions, Yes. What I do has no affect on anyone else.

As a matter of fact, I'm ordering an AK 47 rifle kit this week. I'm going to get what I need and stamp out my own reciever. If all goes well I'll do it again.
Stamp out my own receiver. What does that mean?

Then there was the steady stream of lies, the stench of blatant biogtry/racism, the do-nothing attitude toward immigration reform, health care, climate change, infrastructure, the dismantling of the pandemic preparedness system, the love fest with North Korea and Russia, the ANTI-science mentality, and the policies that changed on the whim of the angry child, indicating that there never was a coherent plan other than to erase everything good or bad done by Obama (who I never voted for, but who did some things that were judged beneficial by the public, such as extending health care to those who had none before).

I'll add to the list (apologies for any repetition):

• Helsinki (one of the most embarrassing and disgraceful moments in the history of the American presidency)
  • Exploded the deficit.
  • Alienated foreign allies.
  • Cozied up to murderous dictators.
  • Hurricane Maria "wasn't that bad;" it was exaggerated to "make him look bad"
  • The paper towel toss, where he made himself look bad
  • The Sharpie depiction of a projected hurricane path that was completely at odds with the National Hurricane Center's projection
  • Reference to the "Mexican" Hoosier judge
  • "Go back where you came from"
  • "Very fine people - - on both sides."
  • "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"
  • Daily lies
  • Unending personal attacks
  • Four years of disgracing the Office of the Presidency
There's plenty more. I don't have time.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I hope another republican get the nomination and wins(Desantis). And uses the precedent a Soros funded DA just set and f@#ks over as many democrats as they possibly can.

These people are balls deep in getting trump they forget the pendulum swings. Newton's 3rd law will bite them in the ass.

Serious question Marv. When was there ever accountability? Maybe Nixon? A brief moment? Kennedy accountability? I mean since I've been alive I remember my mom crying in front of the TV plenty over both Kennedy's and MLK. Was all that a "Bigger Picture". So when you say return to that? Theres two ways...1 is total transparency which will never happen. 2. Is the government hiding things so well we don't question it. Anyways can you enlighten me?
Like I said, I have no problems with investigating Biden's family. If they have peddled influence, find someone to take it to court. We need to all stop the "any investigation of us is simply partisan" view.

Congress needs to pass a law on security documents that mishandling is a criminal violation no matter if it is a private or Secretary of State.

Congress should pursue lying under oath.

Now how to make it happen, I don't know. I believe the parties are to blame, I am not sure we don't need a prosecutor looking at RICO against both political parties.

I hope another republican get the nomination and wins(Desantis). And uses the precedent a Soros funded DA just set and f@#ks over as many democrats as they possibly can.

These people are balls deep in getting trump they forget the pendulum swings. Newton's 3rd law will bite them in the ass.
Soros funded: antisemitism gaslight alert

• Haha
Reactions: Cthulhu85 and DANC
Like I said, I have no problems with investigating Biden's family. If they have peddled influence, find someone to take it to court. We need to all stop the "any investigation of us is simply partisan" view.

Congress needs to pass a law on security documents that mishandling is a criminal violation no matter if it is a private or Secretary of State.

Congress should pursue lying under oath.

Now how to make it happen, I don't know. I believe the parties are to blame, I am not sure we don't need a prosecutor looking at RICO against both political parties.

i have no problem investigating the Bidens and everyone else in the senate and congress.

that said, all those who want the Bidens investigated seem to forget that Biden selling himself for personal gain is what Pubs are all in a bunch about, but while that's immoral and unethical, it's not illegal, and it's conservatives who legalized it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Forgive me...Its hard to make a point here sometimes and I resorted to an extreme. Sorries.
I understand why you posted it. There are some things so sick, they shouldn't be seen, imo. I cannot even put into words my disgust for it.

The Dupocrats think the 2020 election was a blowout - it wasn't. The winning margin in critical states was very close and only determined.. *cough*.... the day after a huge Trump lead was whittled down.

Will Democrat voters be as motivated in 2024 when they're paychecks aren't going as far, gas is up, we're still in a proxy war with Russia, ? about China, interest rates are much higher, unemployment is higher, more Hunter and Biden Crime Family shenanigans are exposed, etc? I seriously doubt it.

They're taking Trump as seriously as they did in 2016. That was a big mistake.

Then there was the steady stream of lies, the stench of blatant biogtry/racism, the do-nothing attitude toward immigration reform, health care, climate change, infrastructure, assault weapons, the dismantling of the pandemic preparedness system, the love fest with North Korea and Russia, the ANTI-science mentality, and the policies that changed on the whim of the angry child, indicating that there never was a coherent plan other than to erase everything good or bad done by Obama (who I never voted for, but who did some things that were judged beneficial by the public, such as extending health care to those who had none before).

Um, did you check the debt when Obama came in and when he left?

You do have a short memory.

i have no problem investigating the Bidens and everyone else in the senate and congress.

that said, all those who want the Bidens investigated seem to forget that Biden selling himself for personal gain is what Pubs are all in a bunch about, but while that's immoral and unethical, it's not illegal, and it's conservatives who legalized it.

They are conveniently forgetting how much Trump and his family profited from the White House. Deals with China (Melania), deals with Saudi Arabia, funneling people to their hotels that they refused to let go of.. they made a killing in monetizing the white house.

I would prefer it was illegal for both sides but Republicans made the bed by legalizing it and now we are seeing the results.

I'm just hoping for trickle down economics to finally work :)

If you support Pete your entire political beliefs changed. Almost completely to where now you are pretty far left. Nothing wrong with that but a marked ideological change
Makes sense. I think people shift their beliefs all the time by following people they find persuasive. You really think there's a chance a staunch Republican starts a thread on this forum praising protectionist trade practices before Trump?

Makes sense. I think people shift their beliefs all the time by following people they find persuasive. You really think there's a chance a staunch Republican starts a thread on this forum praising protectionist trade practices before Trump?
Agreed. As a Republican, I supported ideas like NAFTA that turned out to be horrible for the US.

There are a lot of things that sound good in theory - like Guaranteed Universal Income - but are disasters when implemented.

I wasn't a big Trump fan when he announced and took a wait-and-see attitude once he was elected. But the results speak for themselves. I don't believe Trump is a conservative by ideology, but overall he's much more conservative than progressive/liberal. He's a businessman - he prefers solutions that work.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Wow you responded...you still didn't answer the question, but I'll take it.

The debt? Yep he spent too much. Now lets set some things straight it wasn't as bad as many on here make it out to be...I said pre covid. Still though you have a valid point. Had he not helped during Covid I'm afraid that would have been a terrible mistake so alot of that debt was due to Covid.

The racism crap is a TOTAL democrat made up response to everything they don't like. Obama started us down a bad path and bad interacial relations with the Dallas cop debacle

Now the meat of your response.

Steady stream of lies. You guys crack me up. I hear it from Cornpop and (mini me cornpop) KJP daily. CMON man those two take the grand kabababa when it comes to delusion and lies.

Health Care...Obama's plan was domed from the beginning and could never support itself. It needed to be redone and still needs addressed

I'll handle the rest that I care about..
Cimate Change...Fake IMO
Immigration reform...Trump sat in his office and asked the dems to come and meet to discuss it over christmas and after...The dems wanted nothing to do with it and shut down the government in response. They acted like what they are a big baby and HERE WE ARE.
Assault weapons...Stop thats not what they are

North Korea and Russia...

I could write a novel and could care less how you all want to spin it. North Korea was history making stuff. LEGENDARY. That took major Big Brass. They never messed with us while he was in office after that meeting and THAT held them in check.
Russia
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Trumps a business man albeit many of you can't deal with his style. If I'm pres looking around this planet I want Russia as a friend. Why??? 6000 NUKES thats why.

The rest is just your attitude showing through and I get it. At least you responded.

I'll add to the list (apologies for any repetition):

• Helsinki (one of the most embarrassing and disgraceful moments in the history of the American presidency)
  • Exploded the deficit.
  • Alienated foreign allies.
  • Cozied up to murderous dictators.
  • Hurricane Maria "wasn't that bad;" it was exaggerated to "make him look bad"
  • The paper towel toss, where he made himself look bad
  • The Sharpie depiction of a projected hurricane path that was completely at odds with the National Hurricane Center's projection
  • Reference to the "Mexican" Hoosier judge
  • "Go back where you came from"
  • "Very fine people - - on both sides."
  • "I don't get it. What was in it for them?"
  • Daily lies
  • Unending personal attacks
  • Four years of disgracing the Office of the Presidency
There's plenty more. I don't have time.
You don't count...You have blinders on your blinders. Plus none of what you said is true. Go read Romans 1, 2, 3 and remember I'm here if you need me.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT