ADVERTISEMENT

Grand jury votes to indict Trump

Like I said, I have no problems with investigating Biden's family. If they have peddled influence, find someone to take it to court. We need to all stop the "any investigation of us is simply partisan" view.

Congress needs to pass a law on security documents that mishandling is a criminal violation no matter if it is a private or Secretary of State.

Congress should pursue lying under oath.

Now how to make it happen, I don't know. I believe the parties are to blame, I am not sure we don't need a prosecutor looking at RICO against both political parties.
I have no problems investigating anyone just like you...

Fair investigations? Thats another story. We need a citizens oversight committee, but how long until someone sold out and that got ruined? I guess if we turned the people over regularly? Ohhhh hey, you mean like term limits? Why yes, term limits. They would figure out a way to pay off future generations with living trusts in offshore accounts. Ahhhh politics.

Reactions: DANC
Demurred? He sent a huge missile strike against al Quaida in 1998 in Afghanistan.

Makes sense. I think people shift their beliefs all the time by following people they find persuasive. You really think there's a chance a staunch Republican starts a thread on this forum praising protectionist trade practices before Trump?
People but also things, life events, career changes. It happens

Many peaceful revolutionaries who stood against an unjust government were arrested. Jesus Christ was arrested by the Governor of the Roman province of Judaea, Pontius Pilate. Nelson Mandela was arrested 4 times by the apartheid government and spent 27 years in prison. Dr. King penned one of the most important historical documents of the 20th century from Birmingham jail.

Do not waiver in the face of this arrest, history will will on our side as it was with those brave men.

Makes sense. I think people shift their beliefs all the time by following people they find persuasive. You really think there's a chance a staunch Republican starts a thread on this forum praising protectionist trade practices before Trump?
Since we are talking about me, I have always swung back and forth between conservative and moderate economic POV's.

My social conservatism has always flavored my vote more than the economic side. I think economically that Clinton/Gingrich had us in a good spot.

Randomly came across something very funny that I missed in January. As you will recall, E. Jean Carroll is suing Trump for defamation, all stemming from her claim that Trump raped her. In response, Trump claimed she was "totally lying" and "not my type."

Well, during a deposition in that case Trump was shown a picture of him, Carroll, his first wife Ivana (whom he was married to at the time), and Carroll's husband. Trump pointed to Carroll and identified her as Marla Maples. Trump cheated on Ivana with Maples, and later married Maples. Oops.

Since we are talking about me, I have always swung back and forth between conservative and moderate economic POV's.

My social conservatism has always flavored my vote more than the economic side. I think economically that Clinton/Gingrich had us in a good spot.
Clinton did indeed. Gov can create the environ for the economy and business and people to flourish but timing and luck play a part. I was getting out of school during the Clinton years. Lots of people had jobs and and opportunities thanks to the dot.com emergence. Some presidents get lucky with timing. Some don’t. And I’m a Clinton fan #cocksman to be honest. His periscope was just busted

Many peaceful revolutionaries who stood against an unjust government were arrested. Jesus Christ was arrested by the Governor of the Roman province of Judaea, Pontius Pilate. Nelson Mandela was arrested 4 times by the apartheid government and spent 27 years in prison. Dr. King penned one of the most important historical documents of the 20th century from Birmingham jail.

Do not waiver in the face of this arrest, history will will on our side as it was with those brave men.
Ever thought of applying to SNL to be a writer?

At the time, we thought he was outside Kandahar and we just missed him. I don't know about revisionist history from the CIA.

But Clinton was right - he COULD have got him if he'd have been willing to kill hundreds of civilians. Instead, he chose to strike al Quaide positions directly, thinking OBL was possibly there.

Bottom line is, I don't think Clinton's impeachment troubles had any bearing on getting bin Laden. It just wasn't a huge priority at the time, because 9/11 couldn't even have been imagined then.

At the time, we thought he was outside Kandahar and we just missed him. I don't know about revisionist history from the CIA.

But Clinton was right - he COULD have got him if he'd have been willing to kill hundreds of civilians. Instead, he chose to strike al Quaide positions directly, thinking OBL was possibly there.

Bottom line is, I don't think Clinton's impeachment troubles had any bearing on getting bin Laden. It just wasn't a huge priority at the time, because 9/11 couldn't even have been imagined then.
As I said, I could certainly be wrong on the particular motivations for Clinton. But I think the point stands that it's certainly possible in such situations and the ramifications could be immense.

Clinton did indeed. Gov can create the environ for the economy and business and people to flourish but timing and luck play a part. I was getting out of school during the Clinton years. Lots of people had jobs and and opportunities thanks to the dot.com emergence. Some presidents get lucky with timing. Some don’t. And I’m a Clinton fan #cocksman to be honest. His periscope was just busted
Clinton was shocked by the '94 Republican Congressional victories and started acting like the moderate he claimed to be.

His biggest asset was New Gingrich, who engineered the Contract With American and ushered a great economy with a balanced budget.

I always pictured myself as more of a comedy writer.
Well Done Applause GIF by Tennis TV

Randomly came across something very funny that I missed in January. As you will recall, E. Jean Carroll is suing Trump for defamation, all stemming from her claim that Trump raped her. In response, Trump claimed she was "totally lying" and "not my type."

Well, during a deposition in that case Trump was shown a picture of him, Carroll, his first wife Ivana (whom he was married to at the time), and Carroll's husband. Trump pointed to Carroll and identified her as Marla Maples. Trump cheated on Ivana with Maples, and later married Maples. Oops.

That may have been intentional; clearly he had met Maples by that time and may have wanted to throw Ivana off Maples', um, scent . . . .

But still . . . oops.

I had heard the story about the doorman and illegitimate son. I’m surprised Trump paid him easily and I’m surprised the doorman was bought off for only $30,000. If it was true would have been worth a lot more than that.

I had heard the story about the doorman and illegitimate son. I’m surprised Trump paid him easily and I’m surprised the doorman was bought off for only $30,000. If it was true would have been worth a lot more than that.
Maybe . . . $130k . . . $150k?

GOP in 2015: "Lock her up!"
GOP in 2016: "Lock her up!"
GOP in 2017: "Lock her up!"
GOP in 2018: "Lock her up!"
GOP in 2019: "Lock her up!"
GOP in 2020: "Lock him up!"
GOP in 2021: "Lock him up!"
GOP in 2022: "Lock him up!"
GOP in 2023: "Targeting political opponents is UNAMERICAN!
Lock her up was an ill advised campaign slogan Cletus. The Trump DOJ never targeted Hillary, not for the emails, not for the foundation, and state and local AG’s took their lead.

Despite all the bluster, the Trump administration are the ones that showed judicial restraint and kept what was best for the country and legal system in mind.

Remember that next time you think you’re going to climb up on any kind of soap box.

Lock her up was an ill advised campaign slogan Cletus. The Trump DOJ never targeted Hillary, not for the emails, not for the foundation, and state and local AG’s took their lead.

Despite all the bluster, the Trump administration are the ones that showed judicial restraint and kept what was best for the country and legal system in mind.

Remember that next time you think you’re going to climb up on any kind of soap box.
That's only because Hillary being free was a cash cow for political donations.

Plus they had no evidence of intent . . . .

Yea usually you need something called evidence to actually lock someone up.

But you know lying for votes is what you're proud of ;)

Setting up a specific server and it having 33,000 emails in it was a mere accident.
The old "I tripped by accident and it went in, that is how she got pregnant" defense.
. . . is that proof of anything? In a criminal case where the standard of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt"?

I see you've made up your mind, but the juries require a reasonable mind . . . and you don't have one.

Move to strike, your honor . . . .

Setting up a specific server and it having 33,000 emails in it was a mere accident.
The old "I tripped by accident and it went in, that is how she got pregnant" defense.

She should get in trouble for it...just like Biden, Pence and Trump should get in trouble for mishandling classified documents.

Trump should get in more trouble than the others for refusing to cooperate.

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw
She should get in trouble for it...just like Biden, Pence and Trump should get in trouble for mishandling classified documents.

Trump should get in more trouble than the others for refusing to cooperate.
Yeah . . . Hoopsier thinks that we're gonna die on that Hill (pun fully intended, unlike the cash cow comment earlier) like he does trying to defend Trump . . . like that's a big deal . . . .

Yeah . . . Hoopsier thinks that we're gonna die on that Hill (pun fully intended, unlike the cash cow comment earlier) like he does trying to defend Trump . . . like that's a big deal . . . .

For the party that is supposedly about law and order, they are going above and beyond in making exceptions for their politicians (mainly for trump obviously)

Most liberals aren't here defending dems from repercussions (see cuomo, franken, weiner). The only thing I have ever said is that I won't find dems guilty based solely on conservatives saying they are guilty given their generally questionable sources. If a dem gets charged by a judge or jury or at the very least called out for their actions by legit sources, then you won't find me or most of us here defending them or claiming political bias.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Sope Creek
Trump administration are the ones that showed judicial restraint
What was Hillary's 13 hours of grilling under oath to a Congressional subcommittee all about? Seems like they were trying to nail her about Benghazi, but failed. Trump's DOJ investigated her on the server issue, famously with Comey announcing the investigation as an October surprise, later to drop it as a nothingburger, though she sure did commit some wrongdoing, as as aside.

Reactions: Bowlmania
I'm not surprised that you would regard "Caturd" and his inspiration (Posobiec) as heroes, and some sort of political savant. In reality he's just an old disgruntled "get off my lawn" Florida Man who has somehow ended up hilariously wrong about every election of consequence since he first emerged as a twitter troll in 2018.

He burst on the scene and (like you) mistakenly predicted GOP wins in every subsequent national election, both the 2018 and 2022 midterms as well as the 2020 Presidentail race. Guessing he trusts Baris as a pollster as well...

"B.’S FLAIR FOR TROLLING AND GOSSIP, however, exceeds his accomplishments in traditional punditry and impact on electoral outcomes. So far, @catturd2 has served as MAGA cheerleader for three hugely disappointing cycles: Democrats taking the House of Representatives in 2018, Trump’s loss in 2020, and a Republican underperformance in 2022 that even Tucker Carlson admitted was “embarrassing.” Each time around, B. has confidently predicted a GOP landslide, and each time, he’s been wrong, settling deeper into revanchist fury."

Is this masterful trolling or what. You're trying to link Trump with Mandela and King, two men whom a large percentage of Trump supporters would be virulently opposed to...

Most Trumpers see Obama as some sort of radical revolutionary, and you want to pretend Trump is the reincarnation of Mandela and/or King? You really think Trump fans see either King or Mandela as the victims of "unjust Governments"?

. . . is that proof of anything? In a criminal case where the standard of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt"?

I see you've made up your mind, but the juries require a reasonable mind . . . and you don't have one.

Move to strike, your honor . . . .
Well, what HONEST doubt could you possibly bring?

Subject 1 was charged with steeling 33,000 diamonds from a jewelry story, found with 33,000 diamonds in their hands.
That doesn’t prove they are the same diamonds….
Next?

Is this masterful trolling or what. You're trying to link Trump with Mandela and King, two men whom a large percentage of Trump supporters would be virulently opposed to...

Most Trumpers see Obama as some sort of radical revolutionary, and you want to pretend Trump is the reincarnation of Mandela and/or King? You really think Trump fans see either King or Mandela as the victims of "unjust Governments"?
Farva has skills. It's a travesty McM never put him in the starting five.

Yea usually you need something called evidence to actually lock someone up.

But you know lying for votes is what you're proud of ;)
You ****ING idiot. Destroying evidence under subpoena IS a crime.

How can anyone be so ****ing stupid is beyond me.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT