ADVERTISEMENT

Governor of Missouri indicted

It’s the same in Indiana. We had a recent D US Senator who lost by a large margin to a new GOP nominee. Now there are zero Ds holding statewide office in Indiana. Like Missouri, Indiana keeps moving further right. We used to elect D Governors. Now a D has zero chance of holding that office or any statewide office.
I think Buttigieg has a chance should he go that route. Senate or Governor, etc. He was the anti Bernie and will make a lot of friends at the DOT if he can steer dollars to IN.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I think Buttigieg has a chance should he go that route. Senate or Governor, etc. He was the anti Bernie and will make a lot of friends at the DOT if he can steer dollars to IN.
You got into the Dreamsicles again, didn't you?

You got into the Dreamsicles again, didn't you?
Haha. I'm trying to be optimistic and hoping a reasonable and well educated person could win a statewide office with a D next to their name.

Pollyanna probably BUT I'M A DREAMER

I don’t know. Maybe. They just lost one in 2019. Depends who. If it’s like cori bush or the new mayor correct. Zero chance. But if a Centrist type emerges maybe. I think the extremes will see some blow back in the coming years. Everyone I know, all repubs, hate Hawley.

Everyone that still has the opportunity needs to make sure to call their Birthing Person this Sunday and tell them you love them.

Everyone that still has the opportunity needs to make sure to call their Birthing Person this Sunday and tell them you love them.
a lot of truth in this - only she could have substituted "black people" with "poor people." i had a client years ago who presented to the er complaining her water broke. dirt poor, uninsured immigrant. they told her that she had urinated and sent her home. the reality was PROM which induced sepsis and led to the baby dying. that would have never happened to a person of means

Reactions: UncleMark
a lot of truth in this - only she could have substituted "black people" with "poor people." i had a client years ago who presented to the er complaining her water broke. dirt poor, uninsured immigrant. they told her that she had urinated and sent her home. the reality was PROM which induced sepsis and led to the baby dying. that would have never happened to a person of means
Sad story and you're probably correct that it wouldn't happen to a person of means.
Like most professions...we shouldn't dismiss the fact that some physicians suck

I agree with you that certainly economic status impacts quality of care. That's separate from the very real disparities in how people of different races are treated by medical professionals. It's also separate from how medical practice and guidelines have frequently been designed specifically for men and only half adapted to women. That's the whole point of the concept of intersectionality, it sucks to be in any one of those groups, nobody's arguing with that. It sucks worse to be in more of those groups, each with a different set of disadvantages.

Last edited:
I agree with you that certainly economic status impacts quality of care. That's separate from the very real disparities in how people of different races are treated by medical professionals. It's also separate from how medical practice and guidelines have frequently been designed specifically for men and only half adapted to women. That's the whole point of the concept of intersectionality, it sucks to be in any one of those groups, nobody's arguing with that. It sucks worse to be in more of those groups, each with a different set of
Interesting. I’ve not read about that

Interesting. I’ve not read about that

A non-negligible number of modern medical professionals believe that black people have thicker skin so they feel less pain. Vastly more money goes toward research in male coronary artery disease despite women suffering from it at high rates. The signs of a heart attack that everybody knows are generally valid in men but absolutely do not describe the median experience of a woman having a heart attack. These are the kinds of systemic issues that don't need a person to be biased to still create disparate outcomes.

A non-negligible number of modern medical professionals believe that black people have thicker skin so they feel less pain. Vastly more money goes toward research in male coronary artery disease despite women suffering from it at high rates. The signs of a heart attack that everybody knows are generally valid in men but absolutely do not describe the median experience of a woman having a heart attack. These are the kinds of systemic issues that don't need a person to be biased to still create disparate outcomes.
Interesting post.

Where’s Cap Hoosier when you really need him
I got this. He'll be here shortly.

images

I'm really confused by your confusion here. Greitens was Indicted while he was the sitting Governor, and even though Goat's link heading mentions "today", it's actually a story from 2018...

There is no "story that came out" other than announcing that Jr's girlfriend who did such a marvelous job advising Trump is now advising Greitens. Maybe you're confused because this is an OLD thread, but the story was news in early 2018, and Greitens resigned in May 2018, about 1 1/2 yrs into his term as Missouri Governor...

"But on Tuesday, Mr. Greitens abruptly resigned, more than four months into a scandal involving a sexual relationship with his former hairdresser and claims that he had taken an explicit photograph of her without her permission. He was also accused by prosecutors of misusing his charity’s donor list for political purposes.

Defiant but somber, Mr. Greitens, who was voted into office in 2016, insisted that he had committed no crimes or “any offense worthy of this treatment.” He described “legal harassment of colleagues, friends and campaign workers” and said “it’s clear that for the forces that oppose us that there is no end in sight.”

“This ordeal has been designed to cause an incredible amount of strain on my family,” Mr. Greitens said. He added: “I cannot allow those forces to continue to cause pain and difficulty to the people that I love.”

Greitens decided within the past couple weeks to run for Senate, and Goat posted that Guilfoyle had been named his National Campaign Chairman. Again Goat (mistakenly) labeled his link "Today" which made you assume it was a NEW story, but Goat was actually just commenting on the choice of Guilfoyle...

This line from you
"but try not to wet yourself when a story comes out trying to ruin someone's Senate run."

makes it seem as if you are not aware of the actual situation, and completely leaped to (ridiculous) conclusions. I pointed out that Greitens won on Trump's coattails in 2016 as he won by 5% while Trump won the state by nearly 19%. Since Trump's margin in Missouri in 2020 dropped to 15%, I'd say it's pretty risky for the GOP to nominate a disgraced former Gov (who resigned after being Indicted) to fill the seat of the relatively moderate Roy Blunt.

And btw, most of the Top Dems in NY have urged Cuomo to resign...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/12/andrew-cuomo-resign-new-york-democrats-aoc-nadler

I’m not sure I get the point here. The R primary will be won by a Trump party crazy person. Because Missouri is a very red state, that person will become a US Senator. Before Trump, a reasonable R candidate could have won the primary. That’s not going to happen right now.
Actually, I think if either Greitens or even worse McCloskey win the Primary the Pubs will lose the seat. More importantly, that is what the MO GOP believes as well, which is why they are ALL IN to prevent that from happening. Remember the FEAR in Kansas over a possible Kobach run...

I almost wish the GOP Primary voters would nominate McCloskey so we could see more comedy like this in the Campaign. Not only does he outright lie, but one of his neighbors called him on it and posted video of what the "angry mob" actually looked like passing her house as she waved to them from her porch...

The Primary itself will be "must see tv"... Possible flashpoint- The lawyer representing McCloskey (Al Watkins) on his weapons charges is the same lawyer who represented the ex-husband of the woman Greitens assaulted and was responsible for making sure the audiotapes, which led to Greiten's resignation, were released to the media. So I'm guessing no "kiss and makeup endorsement" after the Primary should one or the other win the nomination...

Which is highly unlikely. Some GOP Legislators are pushing a "runoff rule" primarily to ensure that Greitens can't win with just a sliver of support. If the top vote-getter gets less than a predetermined majority, there would be a runoff, similar to what happened in the 2 GA Senate races. Politico dubbed the race the "Ambitious (AG Schmitt, and a number of prospective House GOP candidates (like Ann Wagner) vs the Indicted (Greitens and McCloskey)...

Actually, I think if either Greitens or even worse McCloskey win the Primary the Pubs will lose the seat. More importantly, that is what the MO GOP believes as well, which is why they are ALL IN to prevent that from happening. Remember the FEAR in Kansas over a possible Kobach run...

I almost wish the GOP Primary voters would nominate McCloskey so we could see more comedy like this in the Campaign. Not only does he outright lie, but one of his neighbors called him on it and posted video of what the "angry mob" actually looked like passing her house as she waved to them from her porch...

The Primary itself will be "must see tv"... Possible flashpoint- The lawyer representing McCloskey (Al Watkins) on his weapons charges is the same lawyer who represented the ex-husband of the woman Greitens assaulted and was responsible for making sure the audiotapes, which led to Greiten's resignation, were released to the media. So I'm guessing no "kiss and makeup endorsement" after the Primary should one or the other win the nomination...

Which is highly unlikely. Some GOP Legislators are pushing a "runoff rule" primarily to ensure that Greitens can't win with just a sliver of support. If the top vote-getter gets less than a predetermined majority, there would be a runoff, similar to what happened in the 2 GA Senate races. Politico dubbed the race the "Ambitious (AG Schmitt, and a number of prospective House GOP candidates (like Ann Wagner) vs the Indicted (Greitens and McCloskey)...
You continue to post things of which you know nothing based off of Twitter users who also know nothing. Your dumb, dumb, dumb ass still refuses to recognize that Portland Place is PRIVATE. There can never be protests there. No one in their right mind in the city of Saint Louis would want them coming through their neighborhood with all the shootings here. This is the most dangerous city in America. Your Pollyanna attitude is devoid of reality. What’s more the mayor didn’t live in Portland Place. Ugh. You truly are a media created automaton. Like something out of black mirrors.

Greiten had his charges dropped. Mccloskey was charged bc of politics. The prosecutor was literally removed from the case bc of it.

Possible flashpoint Al lmao. You have no idea. You’re an idiot. Go back to reading Republicans R Evil. So dumb. Al isn’t representing mccloskey on gun charges. Joel Schwartz is. And no matter what happens the gov will pardon him after the progressive prosecutor’s politically biased charges. It’s almost comical with all the fun shit in Stl. You truly are a moron.

Smash your computer. Smash your phone. Delete you accounts. Move off grid for a year. Start over.

Mccloskey and greitens are no more insane than anyone else in dc. They should fit right in. And unlike hawley they at least live here. Hell mccloskey was doing his part even living in the dying city. I trust that won’t last much longer, assuming he hasn’t already moved

Last edited:
You continue to post things of which you know nothing based off of Twitter users who also know nothing. Your dumb, dumb, dumb ass still refuses to recognize that Portland Place is PRIVATE. There can never be protests there. No one in their right mind in the city of Saint Louis would want them coming through their neighborhood with all the shootings here.
Who is "them"?

Who is "them"?
Protestors. Anyone not invited. That is a uniquely bizarre neighborhood in that it is truly private. The residents pay for security, street repairs, everything. It has designations everywhere indicating as much. It’s surrounded by endless violent crime. 9th district. To march through there was intentional and to intimidate noodle. That’s not where the mayor lives.

Al got hired for the initial media run bc they know him and lived in portland place for years

Who is "them"?
Oh wait, were they the "angry mob that came to destroy [his] house and kill [his] family"? Just his house and family? Or did they torch the other houses and kill the women and children in his neighborhood that weren't being protected by gun toting lunatics? I must have missed that awful carnage.

Oh wait, were they the "angry mob that came to destroy [his] house and kill [his] family"? Just his house and family? Or did they torch the other houses and kill the women and children in his neighborhood that weren't being protected by gun toting lunatics? I must have missed that awful carnage.
I have no idea. That’s the point. No one knows what could happen and who is carrying and when the protests would turn violent. Did you miss the murders here - the cop killed? They were breaking the law by just being there. When you live in the city and the local news is murders every night one tends to get anxious about trespassers. 9th district cops literally tell residents to leave nothing in their cars or garages and to leave them open bc the break ins are nightly and inevitable

There’s pc behavior and reality. The slmpd website stats are reality. The mccloskeys are aholes but their behavior was the cumulative impact of living down there. If they had any sense they’d be in the burbs like most everyone else that fled. They snapped. The protestors weren’t in front of the police station. The courthouse. They were on their private property. At their house. Not okay. Now the mccloskeys are trying to parlay it into a new gig $. They’re scumbags. Bad protestors. Yucky mccloskeys.

Last edited:
You continue to post things of which you know nothing based off of Twitter users who also know nothing. Your dumb, dumb, dumb ass still refuses to recognize that Portland Place is PRIVATE. There can never be protests there. No one in their right mind in the city of Saint Louis would want them coming through their neighborhood with all the shootings here. This is the most dangerous city in America. Your Pollyanna attitude is devoid of reality. What’s more the mayor didn’t live in Portland Place. Ugh. You truly are a media created automaton. Like something out of black mirrors.

Greiten had his charges dropped. Mccloskey was charged bc of politics. The prosecutor was literally removed from the case bc of it.

Possible flashpoint Al lmao. You have no idea. You’re an idiot. Go back to reading Republicans R Evil. So dumb. Al isn’t representing mccloskey on gun charges. Joel Schwartz is. And no matter what happens the gov will pardon him after the progressive prosecutor’s politically biased charges. It’s almost comical with all the fun shit in Stl. You truly are a moron.

Smash your computer. Smash your phone. Delete you accounts. Move off grid for a year. Start over.

Mccloskey and greitens are no more insane than anyone else in dc. They should fit right in. And unlike hawley they at least live here. Hell mccloskey was doing his part even living in the dying city. I trust that won’t last much longer, assuming he hasn’t already moved
The cosmic kid really is living in the cosmos.

That was a brutal beatdown. Remind me not to get on your bad side.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I have no idea. That’s the point. No one knows what could happen and who is carrying and when the protests would turn violent. Did you miss the murders here - the cop killed? They were breaking the law by just being there. When you live in the city and the local news is murders every night one tends to get anxious about trespassers. 9th district cops literally tell residents to leave nothing in their cars or garages and to leave them open bc the break ins are nightly and inevitable

There’s pc behavior and reality. The slmpd website stats are reality. The mccloskeys are aholes but their behavior was the cumulative impact of living down there. If they had any sense they’d be in the burbs like most everyone else that fled. They snapped. The protestors weren’t in front of the police station. The courthouse. They were on their private property. At their house. Not okay. Now the mccloskeys are trying to parlay it into a new gig $. They’re scumbags. Bad protestors. Yucky mccloskeys.
"9th district cops literally tell residents to leave nothing in their cars or garages and to leave them open bc the break ins are nightly and inevitable"

That is crazy-town.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
"9th district cops literally tell residents to leave nothing in their cars or garages and to leave them open bc the break ins are nightly and inevitable"

That is crazy-town.
Sad bc that neighborhood is the heart of Stl. Barnes hospital. Chase park plaza. Wash u west. Slu east. Old world’s fair homes. But two blocks north is gangland. The crime is incredibly bad from violent to property. Where they protested is private and gated. They knew what they were doing.

You know the mayor’s house they were going to. Her husband was murdered in front of their house in an attempted car jacking. These people acting like their going into the nbhood was okay don’t have a clue

Last edited:
  • Wow

That is crazy-town.
The cops tell you not to leave anything in your cars in any city in America. Sucks but cops really are not in a position to prevent breakins.

The cops tell you not to leave anything in your cars in any city in America. Sucks but cops really are not in a position to prevent breakins.
No they leave the car doors open and garages open bc anything closed or locked will be broken into. This neighborhood is a little different. The mayor’s husband was murdered in front of their house in a car jacking. The newly elected mayor is a progressive promising to defund the police. Should be fun!

No they leave the car doors open and garages open bc anything closed or locked will be broken into. This neighborhood is a little different. The mayor’s husband was murdered in front of their house in a car jacking. The newly elected mayor is a progressive promising to defund the police. Should be fun!
Someday, I hope to own a dog that looks at me the way DANC looks at you.

Someday, I hope to own a dog that looks at me the way DANC looks at you.
Sadly my knowledge is about an inch wide. I was trying to follow that Covid thread where they’re fighting over Wuhan. Lost on all that stuff. If I don’t have personal experience I don’t seem to understand much - but if I do I’ll go out with flying f*ck yous!!!!! So dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Wow. That's horrible.

Any connection between this and the indicted governor?

Wow. That's horrible.

Any connection between this and the indicted governor?
Ha only that Albert is a magnet for nutty cases. Read north face sues southbutt. The southbutt filings are hilarious. It’s on deadspin or whatever that site is called. Al’s a lunatic

Sadly my knowledge is about an inch wide. I was trying to follow that Covid thread where they’re fighting over Wuhan. Lost on all that stuff. If I don’t have personal experience I don’t seem to understand much - but if I do I’ll go out with flying f*ck yous!!!!! So dumb.
Hey, I've got a present for you. Go over to the AOTF, click on the thread about Phil Mickelson winning the PGA, and read IGW's rant on the the Golf Industrial Complex.

😂

Hey, I've got a present for you. Go over to the AOTF, click on the thread about Phil Mickelson winning the PGA, and read IGW's rant on the the Golf Industrial Complex.

😂
He’s a treasure! Can you imagine the fam watching tv, all excited for their favorite show, praying certain commercials don’t pop up to trigger him real bad lol

He's still pissed at Fred for getting rid of the end zone bleachers in Memorial Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT