ADVERTISEMENT

Good job washed up old grandpa

And a lot of them were excited with it. You're not going to get universal acceptance of any hire. I watched Archie's last couple Dayton teams several times. They were fun to watch. Their Defensive intensity was something an IU fan like myself was longing for during the Crean years.
Yep except it clearly did not translate to IU for whatever reason. Maybe it just worked better at a lower level. But Archie is not going good at Rhode Island either so not sure what the issue is honestly.

What’s your expectation for Woodson? We have the season we are having, what do you do? He was already a short term hire when they brought him in.
In your mind you think these things... get back into the reality of the situation... three bad games we had... not a bad season. Watch and learn!

In your mind you think these things... get back into the reality of the situation... three bad games we had... not a bad season. Watch and learn!
We have had a bad season. We have zero top 25 wins. Bad blow out losses to Nebraska, Auburn, UConn and a loss to a bad Rutgers team. Not sure many would say we are not having a bad season. Highlight of the year is a close loss at home to Kansas

We have had a bad season. We have zero top 25 wins. Bad blow out losses to Nebraska, Auburn, UConn and a loss to a bad Rutgers team. Not sure many would say we are not having a bad season. Highlight of the year is a close loss at home to Kansas
The season isn't over. Are you going to keep this up after every game the remainder of the season?

I'd say the highlight(s) of the season are the comfortable home win vs Maryland and the OSU game. The lows are Auburn and ast night. Hasn't been great and yet, still in a 2nd place tie

The season isn't over. Are you going to keep this up after every game the remainder of the season?
Keep responding to “watch and learn”, yes I am because he provides zero substance. I give why I think it’s a loss poor program right now. He just tells me I’m clueless, watch and learn and it’s my agenda.
Just freaking win and play good basketball.

Auburn sitting on top of the SEC
UCONN second in Big East
Nebraska just beat PU
Rutgers was a bad team and we played to their level
all this does not make a bad season. a bad start in January....yes...learn reality

Reactions: BattleCreekHoosier
Keep responding to “watch and learn”, yes I am because he provides zero substance. I give why I think it’s a loss poor program right now. He just tells me I’m clueless, watch and learn and it’s my agenda.
Just freaking win and play good basketball.
i only respond to your child like pattern of behavior... stop your behavior... simple

Reactions: BattleCreekHoosier
Maryland is 9-6 and 1-3 in BIG.
So. I said it was one of the highest points of the season. They won right? Far and away the best defensive and rebounding this season. More than any game this year, took control early and never let up, save for the deep bench at garbage time.

Reactions: MrBing
Did you read my post? You start planning for his exit. No where did I say fire him mid season. You start discussing his future and let him leave (forced) with a nice incentive and move on. It’s obvious he isn’t a long term solution here.

Who starts to plan? Dolson? Good luck keeping that quiet. And how? Call donors for buyout money? Again, keep that quiet. Call Dusty May mid-season? Behind the back firing and hiring? That'll excite Dusty or any coach.

And what if the ship does turn around and IU makes the tourney and makes a run. Still going to fire an IU legend?

I get your dissatisfaction with Woody. Honestly, I am too. But it is way too soon in his tenure and the season to think about a new coach.

And it's not going to happen. No matter how many times you or Hatchet or anyone posts about it.

Who starts to plan? Dolson? Good luck keeping that quiet. And how? Call donors for buyout money? Again, keep that quiet. Call Dusty May mid-season? Behind the back firing and hiring? That'll excite Dusty or any coach.

And what if the ship does turn around and IU makes the tourney and makes a run. Still going to fire an IU legend?

I get your dissatisfaction with Woody. Honestly, I am too. But it is way too soon in his tenure and the season to think about a new coach.

And it's not going to happen. No matter how many times you or Hatchet or anyone posts about it.
Well said.

Time will tell but a good AD is already planning what moves to make and what the plan is. I bet Dillon had a plan for Allen mid year, his comments were program was losing momentum. Hmmn

I'd say the highlight(s) of the season are the comfortable home win vs Maryland and the OSU game. The lows are Auburn and ast night. Hasn't been great and yet, still in a 2nd place tie
2nd place tie🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Auburn sitting on top of the SEC
UCONN second in Big East
Nebraska just beat PU
Rutgers was a bad team and we played to their level
all this does not make a bad season. a bad start in January....yes...learn reality
It's a bad season...discredit this ranking all you want. Qualitatively, never seen worse in the history of the program last night.

INDIANA (BIG TEN)

NET: 103
Previous: 98
Record: 11-5 (Conf: 3-2)

Only the losses. He may make one or two posts after a win to say the team we beat was bad, no matter who it is, or something along those lines. The posting parties of negativity happen after losses.

Reactions: MrBing
Time will tell but a good AD is already planning what moves to make and what the plan is. I bet Dillon had a plan for Allen mid year, his comments were program was losing momentum. Hmmn

This a a really dumb take on your part & you're grasping at straws with this link to support your dumb argument. The mid year discussion of letting Allen go came after he'd been at IU for seven seasons & had three consecutive losing seasons. The link you posted in no way supports firing Woodson. Buckle up buddy, enjoy the ride with Woodson & chill out.

This a a really dumb take on your part & you're grasping at straws with this link to support your dumb argument. The mid year discussion of letting Allen go came after he'd been at IU for seven seasons & had three consecutive losing seasons. The link you posted in no way supports firing Woodson. Buckle up buddy, enjoy the ride with Woodson & chill out.
Enjoy losing? No thanks

Reactions: ulrey
Thanks for the update, I had forgotten.

Three bad games? IU has played maybe five good halves all season. It's a miracle one of the D3 schools (Army, Morehead State, et al.) didn't beat the Hoosiers.

Woody has been a below average coach since Day 1; it just so happens he had a generational college player to mask some of his ineptitude.

The program is regressing and doomed to fail, but keep praying at the Woody alter until he's run out of Bloomington in a year or two.

Reactions: ulrey
Good thing for Duke that they concluded mid-way through his 3rd season that Coach K was not the right guy for them. Same for FAU with Dusty May, or Houston (or Wash. St., for that matter) with Sampson, or Villanova (or Hofstra, for that matter) with Jay Wright, or UConn (or Northeastern, for that matter) with Jim Calhoun…
Lets compare all
of them then, to 64 year old Woodson who still hasnt fixed the shooting issue.

It's a bad season...discredit this ranking all you want. Qualitatively, never seen worse in the history of the program last night.

INDIANA (BIG TEN)

NET: 103
Previous: 98
Record: 11-5 (Conf: 3-2)
Well, we are still top 100 in KenPom , and higher than B10 Rival PSU. I know, I know, you can’t really look at KP until mid January, and it’s meaningless until then. Any today is only January 11th.

😉

Self is a good coach, but he is a slime ball. He just is such a cash cow for the NCAA they will never come down on them or North Carolina. Sampson is a good coach but there was more slime than just the phone calls. Television and open free agency make managing rosters almost impossible these days but you have to do it.
What were the “more than calls”?

Three bad games? IU has played maybe five good halves all season. It's a miracle one of the D3 schools (Army, Morehead State, et al.) didn't beat the Hoosiers.

Woody has been a below average coach since Day 1; it just so happens he had a generational college player to mask some of his ineptitude.

The program is regressing and doomed to fail, but keep praying at the Woody alter until he's run out of Bloomington in a year or two.
not happening

Well, we are still top 100 in KenPom , and higher than B10 Rival PSU. I know, I know, you can’t really look at KP until mid January, and it’s meaningless until then. Any today is only January 11th.

😉
Back to 100th in NET rankings through games of yesterday.

Lets compare all
of them then, to 64 year old Woodson who still hasnt fixed the shooting issue.
Sure. Let’s compare Woodson to all the coaches who struggled 2.5 years into their tenures despite their teams not having any weakness that needed to be addressed.

😉
after minnesota the schedule is brutal. We have already had the easy part of the schedule.

after minnesota the schedule is brutal. We have already had the easy part of the schedule.
Which means what for KemPom? I’m not really sure, but certainly an opportunity to move up with Ws, but will losses move us down?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT