ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS Thread for Mature Adults

No matter who wins or loses what's happening right now ought to tell you (if you're being honest with yourself) is that most of the mainstream media polls are complete unadulterated BS...

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Apparently there are allegations that defects with some mail in ballots have been cured vs discarded. Will give rise to more suits
Yeah, someone mentioned that earlier. Going to be a fight over that, but I think you were right to point out that the courts have been consistently pro-voter so far, and there's no reason to think that changes.

Whether Trump wins or loses what's happening right now ought to tell you (if you're being honest with yourself) is that most of the mainstream media polls are complete unadulterated BS...
Not at all. Everything happening tonight is well within what the polls said so far. Now if Trump starts winning the Midwest states, you might have a point. But as of now, this is pretty much right where the polls said it would be.

Twitter verse is saying that the blue wall states (MI, WI and PA) are counting election day votes first and then will count mail in so....the blue wall still looks good even though it currently doesn't 'look' good.

Also saying that in heavy blue areas like Fulton and Dekalb in Georgia, there are huge amounts of votes that haven't been counted yet. The Trump counties are much more represented so....there is a shot to take Georgia even though it currently 'looks' depressing as f. Fulton Co has stopped for the night and will pick it up tomorrow.

So yeah, hopefully Arizona is legit.

After telling my gf that 'this is not good at all' those tidbits have breathed some life back into my cynicism.

It's nice that Biden has an electoral lead right now also. That keeps Trump from declaring victory I think and setting his rigged strategy in play.

Biden has also pulled ahead in the popular vote.

So not a thunderous jam in the face of Trumpism but....its encouraging.

I think Biden is now the favorite with AZ and MN in the fold, and assuming he gets the 1 vote in NE Biden can win without PA, which means Trump has to win TWO of MI, WI, and PA.
And GA and even NC are still in play...
Agreed.

I think Biden is now the favorite with AZ and MN in the fold, and assuming he gets the 1 vote in NE Biden can win without PA, which means Trump has to win TWO of MI, WI, and PA.
Biden definitely in the driver's seat. It's just not what his supporters had hoped. Democrats really wanted to win this tonight as a repudiation against Trumpism, and they aren't getting that. But he's still more likely to win than not.

Doesn't it basically come down to who wins two of WI, MI, and PA?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Doesn't it basically come down to who wins two of WI, MI, and PA?
Yeah and that could result in a legal shit show if they split wi and mi. The idea of “curing” ballots is a different animal than the suits we’ve seen thus far

Trump's going to declare himself the winner?

He's going to try. The huge change over 2016, and even 2000 when we had litigation is that we had the 2018 election and all 3 of the key states left elected Dem Governors and State officers...Trump is going to try and steal this election thru legal maneuvering, but none of those Dem Governors are just going to let Trump bully them...

If Walker was still Gov of WI I'd be worried. But 2018 changed those equations. The Dems have prepared for this and have the legal teams in place...

Reactions: Bill4411
Yeah and that could result in a legal shit show if they split wi and mi. The idea of “curing” ballots is a different animal than the suits we’ve seen thus far
Is it, really, though? That's rhetorical, obviously. I know nothing of PA election law, and I'm assuming you know all I know. So, if state law covers this issue, shouldn't we expect the courts to defer to them, as they generally have seemed willing to do, so far?

Is it, really, though? That's rhetorical, obviously. I know nothing of PA election law, and I'm assuming you know all I know. So, if state law covers this issue, shouldn't we expect the courts to defer to them, as they generally have seemed willing to do, so far?
Yeah I know nothing about it either. Spitballing tho it’s an affirmative act. It invites allegations of interference, fraud, bias, tampering, over zealousness etc. it’s of a different nature than counting a proper ballot and what the other suits have complained

Last edited:
Yeah I know nothing about it either. Spitballing tho it’s an affirmative act. It invites allegations of interference, tampering, over zealousness etc. it’s of a different nature than counting a proper ballot and what the other suits have complained
Interesting take. I guess the hope is Biden wins WI and MI (and one of ME or NE) and it doesn't matter.

I can't find it, because there are so many threads to look at. But I posted on Mon that in one of the PA counties people were lined up to go in and correct their mail-in votes. They had been notified by the County that they needed to do that, and it was all in accordance with PA state law...

I can't find it, because there are so many threads to look at. But I posted on Mon that in one of the PA counties people were lined up to go in and correct their mail-in votes. They had been notified by the County that they needed to do that, and it was all in accordance with PA state law...

And that’s ultimately the dispositive fact if true. Let’s hope there is a specific law on point

Considering how terrible Biden has shown in Iowa and Ohio compared with the polls.....anyone counting on MI/WI/PA to hold is grasping at a very weak string.
I think your being overly pessimistic, at least until we get the final Iowa/Ohio numbers. I mean, Minnesota has been called already, so it's not like it's a region-wide flop.

Obviously. This isn't a partisan point. Just recognizing that we should all hope whoever wins can do so without the intervention of courts.
That’s exactly my point. Again taking an affirmative act like curing will give rise to claims of fraud, bias, etc. I think without a law/Reg/rule on point that could get sticky

Very much looks like Biden is going to win NE-2. That's important because it takes realistic scenarios for ties off the table, and basically means that whoever wins 2 of 3 in the midwest is the winner.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT